To pin my projects to Pinterest, hover over the picture and a Pin-it Button will magically appear.

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Anything Goes at 7 Kids College Fund!

Hello, my dear friends! Unfortunately I have been MIA the past couple of weeks due to an immensely painful arm/shoulder injury. I am attempting to return to craftiness, although it is a very slow process. Expect simplicity from me for a while as it heals. I just can't do very much right now due to pain. :( I can start typing again every day or two, so I will be around to say hi later today!

On a happier note, a new challenge begins today at the 7 Kids Challenge Blog! The Design Team added a twist to our inspiration: Tag It! We would love to see you add the optional twist when you play along with us by either creating a tag or including a tag on your project. :o)

I made a sweet little mason jar tag for a special kiddo. Courtesy of several adorable papers from Doodlebug Designs' Springtime paper pad, I'm sending her a jar of happiness. :o) It is for the July recipient of the I Feel the Love Project, where we are sending love and sunshine to victims of domestic violence and their children.
Isn't this paper precious? It just lights up the heart! Beneath the mason jar lid I added a tiny lacy border trim from the Tattered Lace Beloved Borders die set. The jar itself is embossed in gold for extra sunshiny warmth.

The gorgeous butterfly is one of the new metal die releases from Wild Rose Studio: Little Butterfly! I love that it's two pieces, as it enabled me to use sunny paper for the body and rainbow stripes for the wings. The wings are covered in Star Dust for sparkle. A few Doodlebug Spring Sprinkles enamel dots accent the corner for fun texture. :o)
I also used some My Craft Spot goodies! The mason jar stamp that I used for my tag base is from the Jar Basics stamp set. The sentiment is from Tiny Tags 3, which is cut out with the coordinating Tiny Tags Metal Dies. The bright jute string is Parrot Green, which matches the bright papers so beautifully.

Zip on over to the Challenge Blog to see the lovely work from my teamies and join in the fun! I look forward to seeing what you create. :o) Have a blessed day!

Products from 7 Kids College Fund Store:


Challenges entered:
 *613 Avenue Create~ Anything Goes
 *Crafting From the Heart~ Anything Goes
 *Love to Create~ 3 or More DP papers (the yellow is actually a bunch of suns, but you may need to enlarge it to see!)
 *Papertake Weekly~ Anything Goes
 *Through the Craft Room Door~ Anything Goes

16 comments:

  1. Oh dear Karen. I did wonder why I hadn't seen you for a while. I am very sorry to hear about your arm/shoulder injury and all the pain your are suffering. I do hope that it eases for you soon.
    Your mason jar tag is so gorgeous. The cheery paper and bright colours are really uplifting and the rainbow butterfly with the added sparkle looks wonderful.
    Take care of yourself Karen, I am wishing you a speedy recovery and sending you healing hugs
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no Karen...I hope you heal up fast! I know how painful that can be as I had shoulder surgery 2 yrs ago and went through 2 months of therapy. Very painful! Hopefully, it eases up soon!

    Your mason jar card is so darn sweet! The doodlebug papers are so pretty and love the fun, sparkly butterfly! The colors are beautiful and it just makes you smile!
    Take care my friend! Will send prayers your way for a speedy recovery!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sweetest friend, I have been praying for your speedy recovery and I hope that each day brings less pain and that you are feeling so much better. You are in my thoughts.

    Your card is so precious and adorable!! I love the sweet papers!! They make me happy to look at!! The butterfly is just gorgeous!! The star dust sparkle is fabulous!! This is just beautiful my friend!! It will definitely comfort the recipient and make them happy!! Feel better soon my dear friend. Sending huge hugs (that don't injure that shoulder!!)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute, love that mason jar and the fun papers..... Really really cute Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear about your shoulder, Karen! I hope you heal real soon! And your card is absolutely adorable!! The rainbow paper looks sooo cute and I love how you added the butterfly! I really like the sentiment on the tag too! Sending hugs!

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear hat you are not feeling well. Get lots of rest and take your time on bloggie world. We understand.
    I just Love the cheerful and fun pattern paper!! PRECIOUS!!!
    As for the tag with hello sunshine sentiment is just DARLING!
    The little butterfly die is Gorgeous!!! Such a beautiful butterfly!!
    Love the sparkle on the butterfly!!!
    Sending you TONS of my love, hugs and smiles with healing prayers as well. Feel Better my friend!!!
    And just incase some extra hugs!! :)
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about your shoulder/arm (I know the feelings as I struggle with the same problem)

    Love the jar and butterfly.
    Thanks for joining Challenge #122 at Love to Create.

    Kitty
    LTC DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create this week. Cheers,
    Aurora

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Karen! So sorry to hear about your injury... I hope you heal quickly! :O) I've been crazy busy myself with work..... Summer time is our busiest time! :o) Your card is so uplifting! it will certainly put a smile on anyone's face.... I LOVE that pattern paper! :O) Try and take it easy! Have a great weekend! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty! I love the bright colours! THANKS for joining us at Love to Create Challenge this week! Good luck!!
    HUGS,
    Chris
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card/tag Karen!!
    The paper is beautiful, it will make everyone happy!
    Thanks for joining the TTCRD challenges.
    Hugs,Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  12. i LOVE mason jars! Love how you made your card with the shape of it! Thanks for joining us this week at Love to Create!

    Mei
    LTC DT
    Creative Fingers DT 

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is adorable!! So bright and cheerful!! Love your papers and design! Thank you so much for joining Love to Create Challenges and sharing your creation!!
    Hugs'
    Jackie LTC owner/designer

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super CUTE card! Love the shape and bright cheerful colors! Thank you for joining our "3 OR More DP" Challenge at Love to Create this week.
    Ruza ~ LTC Admin/Designer
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete
  15. Continued prayers to you as you heal. Thank you so much for this beautiful card. It is precious indeed. Once again you will bless someone else with your talents and gifts as a designer. We love and appreciate you :)
    ~Madison and Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful, bright and summery card. Love that paper! Sorry to hear you have hurt your arm - hope it is now mending well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love! Have a beautifully blessed day. :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips