To pin my projects to Pinterest, hover over the picture and a Pin-it Button will magically appear.

Thursday, July 24, 2014

A Dabble into Scrapbooking!

Hello, sweet friends! I am posting on the My Craft Spot blog today. It's a first for me... a double layout for scrapbooking! :o) This took quite a bit of time, especially since slowed with my arm injury, but I am just thankful to be able to do some crafting at a snail's pace. I miss my Copics, but hope to return soon.

I've had it on my sappy heart to squeeze in some time for preserving special memories. It was hard for me (the challenge of NEW), but I had such a blast and it was fun incorporating Kimberly's goodies into such a large design.

Note: I promise my layouts are both 12x12 and even! I did not realize I had the camera angled. Lesson learned! :o)
My first scrapbooking project is for the memories my sweetheart and I will make this upcoming holiday season, so I was guided by my whimsical side.
This album starts with a wintry backdrop, with touches of Christmas cheer sprinkled throughout. (Decorated trees, red and green lollipops, festive sentiment, etc.)
My little village scene, comprised of the cafe, two cutie pies, and title, are cut files from Treasure Box Designs. This Cocoa Cafe cut file came with a blank regular sign, which to me means tiny doily fun instead! :o) The "Friendship Warms the Heart" sentiment is from Stamping All Around Christmas. I cut it out and layered with the coordinating Tiny Doilies and Tiny Doilies 2 metal dies. The snow and whipped cream are embossed, but sadly is washed out in the pictures. (We agreed we want to live in this sweet cafe!)
I forgot to take one particular picture! I adhered these photo mats as pockets, with two journaling tags nestled behind them. The 'pulls' for my tags were created with the Ornate Labels metal dies. The stamped border and sentiments are from Ornate Labels-Christmas, as is the heat-embossed scrolling snowflake border.
Doesn't she just melt your heart? I love that she has a cookie wafer in her hot cocoa... it's one of the sweetest accents in this entire cut file! I love all of their appearances. For personality, I used my favorite set of Peachy Keen face stamps: In the Garden.
The other side has a larger mat for an extra special photograph. To pair with the sweetness of the Cocoa Cafe, I fussy-cut lollipops and used one of my favorite of Kimberly's products: the Jar Basics metal dies!
I made a mason jar filled with holiday treats. :o) My sentiment is from Tiny Tags 3, which is cut out with the coordinating Tiny Tags metal dies. I used the same beautiful traditional twine throughout my double layout.
The sweet reindeer is also from Treasure Box Designs. (Bobble Buddies- Reindeer.) He's so precious!
Lastly, the sappy title and adorable photo mat border. :o) Tons of dimension and embossing throughout the entire layout, which angled pictures would have shown, but I was rushed. My papers are from Recollections' The Ballet, which I've already stated is a favorite. I bought two stacks two years ago because I love so much of it and am down to one sheet of my beloved purple snowflakes! The hanging snowflakes are Memory Box Precious Snowflakes, while all of the individual snowflakes are from Cheery Lynn Designs. :o)

Thank you for fluttering on by! I wish you a blessed day! :o)

Challenges entered:
 *613 Avenue Create~ Anything Goes (Optional: Party)
 *Craft Your Passion~ Christmas in July
 *Craftin Desert Divas~ Christmas in July
 *Crafting for all Seasons~ Christmas in July
 *Crafting From the Heart~ Anything Goes
 *Die Cuttin' Divas~ Christmas in July
 *DL.Art Thankful Thursday~ July Linky Party (Anything Goes)
 *Papertake Weekly~ It's a Jolly Holiday
 *Pause, Dream, Enjoy~ 3 or More Patterned Papers
 *Simon Says Stamp~ Emboss It (all of the snow, whipped cream, and snowflake flourishes are embossed. So sorry I didn't take angular shots to better show most of them!)
 *Through the Craft Room Door~ Anything Goes
 *Word Art Wednesday~ Encouraging/Uplifting Sentiment


21 comments:

  1. WOW! Your double page layout is truly spectacular Karen, it's clear to see that, thankfully, your arm injury has not stopped your creativity. This was certainly worth all your hard work. I love the scene you have created with such cute detailing and gorgeous papers.
    I hope you are making a good recovery.
    Sending you hugs
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an incredibly detailed layout. I love the mouse in the cup with the tag and the snow house. The reindeer and the lollipops are just too cute and the paper choices amazing. Hope your arm gets better soon.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART July linky party, Have a Blessed day, DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com



    ReplyDelete
  3. My sweetest friend, this is absolutely amazing!! I have never seen such a gorgeous, whimsical and fun layout!! This is spectacular!! All of the details are just perfect!! That is the most adorable reindeer ever...I love his sparkly nose!! The kids are so sweet!! Each detail you added to this is simply perfect!! I love the lollipops, the mason jar, the snowflakes, every single thing!! What a fabulous way to capture holiday memories of you and your sweetie!! The fact that you can create something this gorgeous while hurting is amazing!! Love, love, love it, Karen!! It's beautiful!! I hope your arm is feeling much better ever day...praying for that. Huge hugs my dear friend!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! This is TRULY Amazing!!! Speechless...but I have to say..
    I had to go back on MCS to see your name on this post because It is something that I have never seen you make. WOW!! Again, AMAZING!! Love the photo mats with Ornate labels! Beautiful snowflake borders! The reindeer is Super DUPER cute! You know I LOVE the lollipops....YUMMY! PK In The Garden is one of my favorites!! This is REALLY special, precious, darling and so BEAUTIFUL!!!
    I just ADORE this!!
    Would love for you to join us at Craftin Desert Divas Linky Party.
    Sending you TONS of my love, hugs, & smiles
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*


    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such an adorable scrapbook layout, Karen! All of the cuts are so fun, that reindeer is the cutest! I love that sparkly nose! The snowflakes and little lollipops are such a perfect touch and I love the papers you used! I really like how you added the sentiment on the tag to the mason jar too! I hope you have a great day! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely LOVE this. Great job. Thank you for Linking Up at PDE Linky Party.
    Your project is featured on our Facebook Page today and linked to your blog!
    ~Janis
    Pause Dream Enjoy Page on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  7. For something "new" you have done a most spectacular job. This double LO is so beautiful. I love those gorgeous papers and your choice of embellishments to go with those fabulous cut files! TFS and hope that you are feeling much better and that your arm will be fully recovered soon! Hugs, Karon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So lovely Karen is your card and all of the elements ard stunning love the layout and the dies and beautiful papers take care x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous scrapbooking layout, Karen! So many fun details!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, where do I even begin?! Your layout is absolutely fabulous Karen! The paper choice and cut files are perfect and you did such an amazing job on the design! I love the little girl in the cocoa mug and the reindeer..so stinken adorable! LOVE everything about this Karen! Fantastic job! I hope your arm is doing much better lately, been thinking of you!
    Hugs my sweet friend!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my this is delightful. Great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my cuteness! This is such an adorable layout! I meant to do more scrapbooking but just can't seem to fit it in yet. Your layout is so precious! LOVE THIS :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi Karen! fun, I luv all the details on your page! So glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous this layout. I like the colours.,
    Thanks for joining us at Craft your Passion.
    xxx Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful creation! I love every little detail you put into it. Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Pause Dream Enjoy's 3 or More Pattern Paper Linky Party. Hope to see you again soon :)

    michelle (PDE DT)
    Purple Monkey Moments

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a amazing layouts and so beautifully detailed.Just love the the muted tones and such a lovely way to keep your treasured memories.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Karen.... this is simply AMAZING! I'm lovin' your layout! Wow... so much detail (not surprised of course) :o) It really did turn our beautiful.... I hope your arm is doing much better.... Make another LO! I can't wait to see it! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Karen, I can't believe how CUTE this is, I think my jaw hit my ipad :) Look at all this cuteness my friend! The reindeer, the sweet boy & girl and that adorable café :) I'm in winter LOVE!

    Thank you so much for sharing with both my DT's :) Hope you're feeling better and hope you had a GREAT weekend!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such a fantastic cute lo. Thanks for joining us at DCD for our Christmas in July challenge.
    Anita
    DCD Host and Challenge Sponsor

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a serious WOW!!! You did an incredible job on this LO, it is truly amazing! LOVE IT!!
    Thanks for for joining the CDD Christmas in July Linky Party.
    ~ DT Lori

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely project. Thanks for joining us at CFAS.
    Hugs
    Fiona DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love! Have a beautifully blessed day. :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips