To pin my projects to Pinterest, hover over the picture and a Pin-it Button will magically appear.

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Snow Globe Shaker Christmas Card

Hello, my crafty friends! I hope you're having a blessed day. :o)

I'm super excited that I had a chance to make my second Christmas card! I was disheartened to hardly get any made last year for my loved ones, so I'm trying to sneak them in early when possible.

As I was planning the snow globe design, it was impossible not to add snow... so I turned it into a shaker card. :o) (A jingly shaker, too!)
A wee bit closer look at the penguins. (I thought I was closer in at the time. Oops!)
These cutie pie penguins are from the Peachy Keen Stamps July release. I paper pieced their winter apparel because they wanted to be stylish. ;) The trim on the hat is covered in Star Dust for twinkly winter magic.

The gorgeous papers for the snow globe, including its base, are from K and Company. The snowy paper is lightly inked in Faded Jeans. The tiny snowflakes inside the globe are the negative cut-outs from an EK Success flower scroll punch... our penguin sweethearts caught the same one because they're just so sappy like that. The fluffy snow is Polar White Flower Soft.

The snow globe and the two outer snowflake designs are cut files from Birds Cards. Graduating rhinestones add Christmas sparkle to the snowflakes, as well as the My Favorite Things Fancy Flourish along the right side. The bow is made with Harvest Wine crinkle ribbon from My Craft Spot, to which I added two jingly bells. I decided the only way to make a shaker card even more fun was to make it musical. :o)

The sentiment is from Whimsical Designs' Snow Much Fun stamp set. I curved it so it would fit the globe shape and used Memento Cottage Ivy ink for festive flair. My goal with this card was to combine whimsy and elegance, along with a whole heap of Christmas joy. :o)

Thank you for frolicking on by! I hope your day is filled with love and happiness. :o)

Challenges entered:
 *Card Crafter's Circle~ Christmas in July
 *Christmas Card Challenges~ Anything Goes Christmas (Optional: Make Your Own Background)
 *Christmas Stampin' All Year Long~ Photo Inspiration
 *Crafty Catz~ Christmas in July
 *Die Cuttin' Divas~ Anything Goes (I used MFT Flourish metal die and cuts from my Cameo)
 *DL.Art Thankful Thursday~ Christmas in July
 *Frosted Designs~ The Great Outdoors (Celebrating snow!)
 *Jingle Belles~ Sleigh Belles Ring
 *Little Scrap Pieces Fun Friday~ Christmas in July
 *Make It Monday~ Anything Goes
 *Merry Monday~ Anything Goes Christmas
 *Peachy Keen Stamps~ Photo Inspiration (I was inspired by the blues and greens)
 *Winter Wonderland~ Ding Dong Merrily on High




30 comments:

  1. Morning Karen, Oh this is lovely and what a great idea to turn your card into a shaker its a beautiful image l do like Penquins on a christmas or winter theme card and the globe is of a lovely shape too enjoy your day take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable Kate. I made a shaker snow globe some time back but mine is no where as beautiful as yours. Here is the link : Interactive card

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Karen. I LOVE penguins and this couple are such cuties. Wonderful colours and such a fabulous design, the jingle bells are the perfect finishing touch.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can never get over the amount of love and work you put into each project Karen and honestly they are all what I would expect to see in a published Magazine... have you ever entered any contest? If not I strongly recommend it because girl YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!! This snow globe is so soft and heavenly yet fun and exciting, I love the inking around the inner circle which of course gives it the fantastic globe feel... The penguins are absolutely adorable and all your embellies and sparkle perfectly finishes it off, you never cease to amaze me... lots of love and Super big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is just FANTASTIC, GORGEOUS job with it!!!Thanks for joining us in this week's Challenge at Peachy Keen Stamps!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a GORGEOUS card! Love your attention to detail and especailly the snow/shaker!!!! Thanks for joining us in this week's Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely love it! The shaker card is just wonderful. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous and beautiful card Karen love the image and fabulous shape thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an adorable Snow Globe Shaker card! Your details in creating the card are great! Thank you for playing with us at Christmas Card Challenge #35.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous card! I love it! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing it with us this week at Crafty Catz. Naomi x

    ReplyDelete
  12. My sweetest friend, this is absolutely gorgeous!! How adorable are those penguins??!! Soooo cute!! They look so happy in their chilly globe!! The shaker snow - awesome!! The snowflakes - beautiful!! The bells - merry!! It makes me happy to look at and that's the mark of a perfect Christmas card!! Every single detail is stunning!! Love, love it, but then I love everything you make :) Thank you for playing along at LSP!! I hope you are feeling much, much better. Hugest hugs my dear friend!! Happy Wednesday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful creation. Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness, this is absolutely fabulous. I love your snow globe and the fact that you made it into the shaker card. The stylish penguins are adorable, and the papers and embellishments are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute Christmas project! Adorable penguins. Spotted this on MIM. Thanks for sharing.
    xxx Asha
    Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card - love love the added snow and those penguins are so adorable and cute! Love the snowflakes and beautiful papers! TFS and enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This card could not be any cuter, Karen! I've never made a shaker card but want to soon! The penguins are adorable and I love how you added the snowflakes and bells on the outside! Awesome! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a totally fun and totally fab holiday card! i loooove that super-cool snowglobe design!!! thanks for sharing our sleigh bells fun at JINGLE BELLES! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is gorgeous and I love the concept of a shaker snowglobe card! Thank you for joining us for Christmas in July at Card Crafter's Circle!

    ReplyDelete
  20. thank you for joining us at the Winter Wonderland a gorgeous creation
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness -- how cute is that!!! Love those little 'stylish' penguins :) Your card is beautiful. So glad you joined us over at Frosted Designs!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a cutie! So colorul and creative with the little swirls hanging off. Thanks for joining in the fun at CSAYL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Could this be any cuter??? Oh my stars...this is absolutely GORGEOUS my friend! The penguins are hands down.....so stinken adorable! I LOVE the fun snow and the fact that is a shaker card is even better. The added snowflakes and whimsical foliage adds such a lovely touch! This totally ROCKS my friend! You are amazing!
    Have a super evening!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW - this is an amazing card. Love the snow globe shape. Thanks for joining us this week at Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Aww so cute :) I saw it on Make it Monday x

    ReplyDelete
  26. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi, Karen I love these guys. Adorable

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Karen,
    I LOVE this Christmas card. I only have one made so far...lol.I have never tried making the Snow Globe card nut You inspired me too. I have to try this one out.
    I love the adorable penguins and snowflakes. You know I Love the Star Dust. I have never used that before but will now. Just LOVE the shape card!!!
    The card filled my heart with such JOY as well as the comment you left on my blog. I read it and the happy tears came out..lol.LOVE that!
    Sending a HUGE amount of my Love, Smile & Hugs,
    Migdalia
    Your angelic friend.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Delightful! Thank for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love! Have a beautifully blessed day. :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips