To pin my projects to Pinterest, hover over the picture and a Pin-it Button will magically appear.

Saturday, July 6, 2013

A Splash of Love!

Hello, my crafty friends! I hope everyone is doing well. :o)

Today I'm sharing something sweeter than my planned Sweet Saturday post.... my first contribution for this month's I Feel the Love Project recipient. For July, we are sending extra love, sunshine, and support to precious Mariyah, who is 4 years old.  She is disabled and has been receiving extensive PT, OT, and early intervention since she was 1. Not only so, but she also has endured a lengthy hospital stay for an unrelated sickness. Her strength and beauty is an inspiration.

A Splash of Love!
I settled upon different animals about a million times, but in the end opted to make her a sweet fishie. :o) I thought it would be fun to make it a shaped card, so when she has it sitting it out it will almost be like she has her very own bright and sparkly fish bowl. :o)

A wee bit closer:
To make the shape, I welded together this fish bowl from Miss Kate Cuttables with several 1-inch bubbles. Not only did I want it sturdier than the original circular bottom, but it also gave me the perfect opportunity for personalization. I used this heart alphabet for her name to surround her in tiny hearts. :o) Some are pop-dotted for varying dimensions. The blues and green throughout are all glittery Core'dinations Core Couture cardstock.

Instead of using the fish from the cut file, I used this adorable heart-shaped fish. The papers are from a Martha Stewart Valentine's pad, which I lightly inked with Victorian Velvet distress ink. I added googly eyes for extra delight and placed her atop an Action Wobble.

A peek at the dimension... I love how high the Action Wobble lifts the fishie! I hope she enjoys wobbling it around. :o) The interior is washed out in this picture, but is actually a light blue with a wave pattern.
For the three shades of rocks at the bottom of the bowl, I used shimmery DCWV patterned cardstock. The water and bubbles are embossed with the D'vine Swirls folder, while the plant is embossed with Swiss Dots. I wanted a lot of fun texture for Mariyah to explore. I created the splash with my My Favorite Things Fancy Flourish metal die, which is accented with a few rhinestones. Fairly unseen in these photos are the bubbles I made with Glossy Accents. They are bubbling up from the fishie's smile (of course she's smiling at Mariyah all day long!) and within the splash.

My computer-generated sentiment was cut out with Tiny Tag metal dies from My Craft Spot, which I popped up and decorated with a Blueberry Trendy Twine bow and a tiny heart rhinestone. My goal with this card was just to make her smile... to make her a fun little scene that will add a sparkle to her heart and a smile to her day. And of course for her to always know how dearly she is loved by so many. :o)
Thank you for swimming on by! I wish you a blessed and sparkly weekend. :o)

Challenges entered:
 *Crafty Catz~ It's Child's Play
 *Creative Creations~ Shaped Cards
 *Cupcake Craft~ Anything but Square
 *Divas by Design~ Cute
 *DL.Art Thankful Thursday~ July Linky Party (Anything Goes)
 *Fab 'n' Funky~ Anything but Square
 *Love to Create~ Condolence or Support
 *Make It Monday~ Anything Goes
 *Papertake Weekly~ Anything Goes



27 comments:

  1. woooww this is really cool shape card..love the tiny tag on the top of your card and the name is a special for the one who have bday..cool and adorable...

    I think I come to your card AGAIN through MIM..love your idea...

    I see your card on MIM and if you like to see my card is number 209 :) If you would like to give me some love I would be so glad :) thanks before...hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet and fun card. I just love it. It is really whimsical, adorable, and thoughtful all rolled into one card. Awesome job again Karen!!! Thank you so much. I received your last box!! I love looking at all your treasures in person.
    Love,
    ~Madison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful card Karen. I adore the heart shaped fish and such a great idea to make your card into a gorgeous sparkly fish bowl. I love the colours and textures and the way you have added the name makes this even more special.
    This is sure to bring a smile to Mariyah's face
    Take care my kind and talented friend, I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this beautiful card Karen - the heart shaped fish is just genius!! this really is such a special card for a special child. I know how much things like this mean to a disabled child - I'm the mother of a disabled son myself - he would have loved this when he was little - just as I do now. Thank you for sharing this lovely card at fab'n'funky challenges this week hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet card for Mariyah! This will bring tons of happy smiles upon her..... love the hearts of fish, and and the pretty fish bowl....
    TFS Karen - you are a sweetheart at heart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen, it's so perfect!!! I love the fishy - super creative!! I really love the whole design!! I'm working on a fish bowl card too, hope mine turns out half as cute as yours!

    I hope you are well friend!! Happy weekend to ya!

    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic card, it's always nice when you can personalize it, really finishes the card off beautifully! I'm sure she's going to love it! Thank you for playing along with us this week @ Fab 'n Funky :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful and fun card. Love the fish! Great layers and using the Divine Swirls folder for the water and name - fabulous. Will certainly make this little girl smile. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute punch fish! TFS and I saw you on MIM.

    Come and see what I've done lately!
    kren@
    http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Karen
    The kindest deed , I think .
    A very special fun creation , sure to bring a smile to someone very dear.
    love that fish !
    Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday .

    ReplyDelete
  11. MY SUNSHINE!!!!!!

    *super squishers you with super happy fishie hugglers* TEE HEE!!!!!!

    If anyone ever wants to know the true beauty of my sis's heart, they need not look any further than this card. It is just glowing with all the sparkling happiness that defines the very essence of my sweetest Sunshine's soul. I LOVE THIS CARD!!!!!!!!! SQUEEEEEEEE!!!

    I didn't know the precious little fishie could move on it! AHHHHHHH!!! That is SO genius sis! I can already sweet little Mariyah giggling away as she makes him swim all about. This is the most extra special gift of happiness you could ever give her, sis. I knew the second you showed me the sweet fishie that her heart would experience instant healing just by holding it in her hands. *huggles the gorgeous hearts on the letters of her name because they are SO gorgeous*

    God bless you Sunshine for all the love you poured into this incredible gift. It will soon be delivering so many smiles to the life of a very special little one.

    I SOOOOOOOOOOOO LOVE YOUUUUUUUUU!!!

    *forever sparklie fishie squishies for my sweetest sis*
    ~~~ Christina (aka your forever #1 fan of googly eyes* TEE HEE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi my friend,
    Your fishy is TOO Cute! Mariyah will laugh, smile and love this card as much I do! The glittery cardstock is just so real!!Love the idea that you personalized this card....she will LOVE it! The shape of this adorable card, googly eyes and the TOTALLY cute tag just adds that extra splash of your sparkle LOVE to it!
    Love! Love! Love!
    Thank you for always leaving me bloggie love and allowing for my smile to last the entire day when I read your SWEET comments.
    Your angelic friend,
    Millie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is just so cute Karen as always your so creative and isn't she just a little darling too god bless her x

    ReplyDelete
  14. My sweetest friend, this is absolutely amazing!! I don't know how you make every single card into a work of art!! You are so creative to weld the bubbles to the bowl - they look fabulous!! And the embossing is perfect!! And wow, the heart fishie is just the cutest thing ever!! I love that she wobbles around in the bowl!! Mariyah will adore this card!! I bet she sits it somewhere so she can look at it all the time - like a real fishie!! I hope you are having the most fabulous 4th of July weekend my dear friend!! Huge HUGS :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  15. gorgeous creation thanks so much for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an adorable card! I love the fish bowl shaped card and you managed to find so many wonderful cuts to add to this card that will definitely get little Ms Mariyah's attention! She will just fall in love with it! You have such a bi heart and anyone receiving your cards is sure to know how love you pour into them!
    Fabulous card design my friend! I hope you are having a fantastic 4th of July wknd!

    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a sweet and fun card, fantastic shape and detail, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz and Divas by Design this week, Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This card is absolutely brilliant! Love the shape of a fish bowl, so creative and cool! She will definitely be very happy for this card and treasure it! Awesome idea to make a fish out of hearts too.

    Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us this week at Love to Create.
    Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again!

    Hugs Mian
    Love to Create Design Team Member
    http://mianspysselhorna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Brilliant card and shape,thank you for joining us at Cupcake this week.
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. super adorable heart fish...love all your details...Karen

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous and wonderful card Karen love the colour's thank you for joining us this week at Crafty Catz
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous cute card...thanks for sharing with us at Divas by Design!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just brilliant, love the fab design, she will love it!...thanks for joining us at Cupcake!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a sweet card!!!!! Thanks so much for participating in our LOVE TO CREATE challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh Karen this is absolutely FABULOUS!! Mariyah is just going to LOVE it!! Thank you sooo much!

    xoxoxox

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very cute card, Karen! The embossing looks great and the sentiment is adorable! I love how you added the googly eyes to the fish too! This card will definitely brighten Mariyah's day! I hope you have a great day! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. An amazing card for an amazing little girl!Love the heart fish and heart alphabet..just perfect my friend.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love! Have a beautifully blessed day. :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips