To pin my projects to Pinterest, hover over the picture and a Pin-it Button will magically appear.

Friday, July 26, 2013

May Your Day Be Filled With Happiness!

Hello, my dear friends! I hope your week has been sparkly. :o)

It's crunch time for me, but I'm so thankful to nearly be done with my contributions for this month's I Feel the Love Project recipients! We are creating for Mariyah, a sweet 4-year-old girl (who beautifully endures all that goes with being disabled), and her mom.

I made this for Yvette, Mariyah's mom, to deliver an abundance of summery love and happiness... to remind her of the blessings surrounding her and the glorious plans God has for them. :o)
A closer look at the parasol (which is sewn) and the heat-embossed flower stamp within the sentiment:
This was an absolute joy to create for Yvette. The pretty parasol is a cut file from Little Scraps of Heaven, which I cut with my Cameo. It is embossed with the Cuttlebug Baby's Breath folder and popped up for dimension. The flowers are centered with tiny sparkles and for the trims I used a My Mind's Eye paper that is reminiscent of pink and white lace. Super sparkly glitter paper was used for the handle. I wanted the parasol to deliver a bouquet of happiness, so I filled it with Wild Orchid Crafts sweetheart blossoms. :o)

The background papers are from one of my all-time favorite MME stacks, The Sweetest Thing: Lavender. KaiserCraft lace provides a soft border on top. The Memory Box Spring Border serves as my landscape, to which I colored the flowers with my R85 Copic marker and covered in Star Dust. Beneath that is a Victorian Velvet border of Martha Stewart's Lace Heart edge punch. I opted for this double-border because I wanted it rooted in love. :o) As Yvette continues to live a life rooted in heavenly love, she and Mariyah will thrive under God's constant care.

One of my favorite parts of this card is the sentiment! The sentiment and center flower stamps are from My Craft Spot's Stampin' Around Spring set. They are cut out with the coordinating Tiny Doilies metal dies. I *love* these! They're so fun to mix and match and provides multiple ways of layering. The wording is stamped on the same pink lacy paper as the umbrella. The cute flowers are heat-embossed for extra shine and dimension. The card base shape is a Lori Whitlock cut file, purchased at the Silhouette Online Store.

A peek inside:
I hope this brings a smile to her heart. :o) Thank you for fluttering on by and I wish you a blessed weekend. :o)

Challenges entered:
 *'ABC' Challenge~ Doubly Embossed (Dry-embossed parasol; heat-embossed flowers within sentiment)
 *Cut It Up~ Celebrate Summer
 *Cutie Pie Challenge~ Pretty in Pink
 *Divas by Design~ Anything Goes
 *Krafty Girls~ Anything Goes
 *Love to Create~ Hugs and Wishes
 *Make It Monday~ Anything Goes
 *My Craft Spot~ Sew Fun (sewing on parasol)
 *Papertake Weekly~ Dies and/or Punches (sentiment and both borders)
 *Twist of Faith~ Borders and Fancy Edges (Plus an encouraging/uplifting sentiment)

26 comments:

  1. I love the shape of the card, and that parasol is GORGEOUS! I love the flower die at the bottom, too. I'm sure your card will brighten Yvette's day. Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up Challenge for our Celebrate Summer challenge!

    Evelyn
    http://cutitupchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Karen this is just so beautiful. I adore the pretty parasol bursting with pretty flowers. I can see why you love those gorgeous papers so much and as always your attention to detailing is wonderful.
    I hope you have a lovely weekend
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love everything about this card the umbrella and the flowers down to the shape of card. Beautiful! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, love the design...Thanks for playing along with us at Divas by Design this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! Such a beautiful card. I think Yvette will love it!! She is going to be so touched by your thoughtfulness. This is what the I Feel the Love Project is all about. Bringing joy to those who need it the most.
    Love to you Karen,
    ~Madison

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen, what a gorgeous creation! I love the umbrella and how you have added the flowers. The layers are wonderful and all your attention to detail! Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs, Karon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, love all your special touches on this card.... This sure will lighten up the recipient....
    Enjoy your wonderful weekend, ooh it's sweet Saturday tomorrow! , hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen, this is such a lovely card and the reason behind it is lovely as well. What a blessing you are!! Thank you for sharing your talent with us at Twist of Faith. I hope to see you week after week! God bless!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen this is stunning and such a lot of work you have put into it!!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts School Projects

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karen, Your card is precious and delightfully decorated to make the heart smile. I love the beautifully decorated umbrella holding the flowers it just made my heart happy and even more the reason behind the card. You are a blessing. Thank you for joining us at Twist of Faith.
    Hugs,
    Antoinette

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is stunning! Love all of the detail you put into it! Thanks for joining us at Twist of Faith!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness Karen this is truly beautiful the umbrella is stunning as is the layout and backing papers xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful card my friend! The shape is lovely and the parasol is GORGEOUS!!! The flowers are so delicate and fabulous. I love the fun doily tag with the sentiment that wraps the circle! This is so fabulous and I am SURE Yvette will love it.
    You always have a way of adding such gorgeous touches to your creations and your heart pours out in every card! Absolutely LOVE it my friend!
    Thank you so much for your sweet words on my blog and continued support! I am forever grateful for your friendship!
    Hugs,
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card! Thank you for joining us this week at Love to Create Challenge Blog.
    Ruza, LTC Designer

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a sweet, feminine design! The sewn parasol looks fantastic, and this card has so many lovely little details. I spotted your card on MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This card is so beautiful! Thank you for playing along with us at Krafty Girls!
    Maribel

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi my friend,
    1st, I think you know that I ma a huge fan of shaped cards. This one is a true BEAUTY! The parasol is beautiful and love the touch of the lovely flowers. Love the message. The doily die and sentiment is goes perfect with this GORGEOUS card!!!
    It will bring a smile to her heart, Joy and Peace as well. She will definitely Feel the Love..
    Sending bloggie love to you my angelic friend,
    Millie.
    P.S. I recently returned to work and since I had to travel from NY to Albany, It made a little difficult for me to visit my bloggie friends and leave some love. I was thinking of you several days ago and then you posted a comment, which I LOVE. I have been feeling much better with my health but I know that it would be possible with out my prayers and my lord's healing. How I was feeling with my health and compared to how I am now..it's very different. I look back and say wow, only the Lord was able to do that. I am healing everyday and overwhelmed with joy that at work it shows. My coworkers have asked me where does that come from and I say "it comes from the Lord". I am standing by his grace. Also I am enjoying this new journey that he put me in.
    Thank you for always leaving me bloggie love and yours words that always remain in my heart and inspire me to always look for the lord and pray of course. Its very important to me.
    Sending a HUGE amount of my love, hugs and Smiles,
    Millie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card! I love your sentiment and all the attention to the details! The eyelet heart border is fantastic! Thanks for sharing with us over at Twist of Faith!
    Tracey F., DT Twist of Faith

    ReplyDelete
  19. My sweetest friend, this is simply stunning!! What a gorgeous, gorgeous card!! Every single amazing detail is perfect!! A parasol bursting with flowers - so creative and beautiful!! And those papers - love!! The design is perfect as are the details!! The sparkle on the flowers is fabulous!! This will bring such a smile to Yvette's face!!

    You are such a blessing my friend and I am always awed when I visit you - I know I will be blown away by your project and you never, ever disappoint!! I hope you had a wonderful weekend!! I feel so out of touch being gone for a few days. Thinking of you and as always, you are in my prayers!! Huge hugs my dear, sweet friend!!

    Lisa :)
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your card is just amazing and I'm sure she will love it! The umbrella looks wonderful and I really like the flowers, beautifully done!

    Your card was our winner this week. When you have time be sure to stop by our challenge blog. I'll be sending you an email about our next challenge if you'd like to be our guest designer.

    Thanks for playing along at ABC Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Karen, this is just gorgeous! The colors and pattern together make the most beautiful card. The stitched line on the parasol is just right and the Tiny Doily Die is wonderful! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh so BEAUTIFUL! LOVE the soft colors! Thanks so much for joining us at My Craft Spot!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. What I said before....

    Thank you for joining us at Cut It Up Challenges.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous card Karen. Love the parasol of flowers...oh so pretty!
    Hugs
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous card and thank you for sharing it.
    Thank you for joining the Cutie Pies Pretty in Pink challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is such a beautiful card, Karen! I really like the shape of the base and how you added the flowers to the umbrella looks so pretty! Love the lace trim and heart punch too! Hope you have a great day! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love! Have a beautifully blessed day. :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips