To pin my projects to Pinterest, hover over the picture and a Pin-it Button will magically appear.

Monday, July 22, 2013

Heartfelt Thanks

Hello, my crafty friends! I hope everyone is having a lovely start to the week. :o)

After some time away, I'm having to somewhat rush the rest of my planned contribution for this month's I Feel the Love Project recipients. One part of July's collection is for sweet Mariyah's mother, Yvette. She requested blank thank you cards, as she wants to send a handmade thank you to every person who has donated to assist with Mariyah's medical bills. Isn't that so beautiful?

Flowers are a wonderful way to express gratitude, so I made two little flower pot cards for starters. :)
The only differences between the two are the flower centers and the interiors. One is centered with purple Wild Orchid Crafts pearls, while the other is a bit more whimsical with fun buttons.
I combined two cut files from the Silhouette Online Store to create my cards. The flower pot and leaves are from a Lori Whitlock flower pot card kit. She made it as an envelope pocket, but I nixed those aspects and welded together a card base with the Design Studio software. Instead of using the flowers she included, I opted for these pretty layered flowers, also by Lori.

The patterned papers are from the DCWV Glam Rhinestone stack. I wanted the flowers to have a design, so I chose purple and lavender filigree patterns from the pad. Each petal is inked with Concord Grape distress ink and slightly curled for a bit of dimension. The plaid flower pot is inked with Walnut Stain. The leaves are embossed with the Swiss Dots folder for texture.

The computer-generated sentiment is cut out with Tiny Tag metal dies from My Craft Spot, resting upon Grape Fizz Trendy Twine. I had to resist adding tons of embellishments since Yvette will be mailing these out, so for a final detail I simply cut a Cheery Lynn Designs Mini Fanciful Flourish and let it sprawl across the flower pot.

This lighting is way off, but here's a peek inside. The lavender interior is actually the same paper as the top layers of petals. (I forgot to adhere the white writing layer before taking these. I'm really off my game!)
I've wanted to make this shape of card for quite some time and I hope Yvette likes them as much as I do! It's like sending flowers that never fade, just as the love that was shown to this precious family will always remain strong.

Thank you for fluttering on by! I wish you a sparkly day of love and sunshine. :o)

Challenges entered:
 *A Gem of a Challenge~ Anything but Square
 *Card Mania~ Pearls and/or Gems
 *Charisma Cardz~ Girly
 *Creative Creations~ Anything Goes
 *DL.Art Thankful Thursday~ Linky Party (Anything Goes)
 *Fussy and Fancy~ Lemon and Lavender
 *Make It Monday~ Anything Goes
 *Paper Playtime~ Patterned Paper



20 comments:

  1. wow what a fantastic card love it, thank you for joining the creative creations challenge . good luck Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab idea ,so pretty and so effective
    Thanks for joining us at MIM and good luck
    Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card and colors Karen. Visiting from MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such gorgeous cards Karen. I love the flower pot design. The flowers made using the purple papers look stunning and I love the tags and embossed leaves.
    I'm pleased to see you again and thank you so much for your kind comments on my recent cards.
    Take care, hugs
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sweetest friend, these are absolutely gorgeous!! What stunning flowers!! They look amazing!! I love both of the different centers!! The vases are so beautiful - the vine flourishes are so pretty!! These are just so fabulous and awesome and anyone would love to receive them!! You always make the perfect cards for the occasion - they will be adored!! I hope you are having a wonderful week my dearest friend!! Huge Hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen so nice to see you back l hope you enjoyed your break your vase's are lovely l like that the centre's are different and the colour is gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Karen - how pretty on both of your potted flowers. The flowers and the vase are just fantastic. Pretty colors and both designs are gorgeous in every way.....
    TFS - enjoy your new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such wonderful cards. The colour combination is one of my favourites and I love the shape. The flowers are so beautiful and am sure they will be received with appreciation of the work involved. TFS and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These thank you cards are so pretty Karen. I don't think you are off your game at all. Beautiful work as usual and so thoughtful. Thank you so much.
    Love, ~Madison

    ReplyDelete
  10. absolutely beautiful creation! Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Creations Challenges with our 'Anything Goes' challenge! Good Luck, remember you can enter upto three times and we have a DT call :) Hope to see you again soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Karen they are so gorgeouss and what a fantastic idea to send thank you notes... beautiful work my friend , keep shining. Big hugs..I have really missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are wonderful - love everything about them. Saw it on MIM. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are lovely shaped cards and will surely be appreciated by the intended recipient! Thanks so much for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really pretty cards, thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.
    Joanne x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card! Thanks for playing at Charisma! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. FABULOUS shaped cards my friend! Wow, the colors are beautiful and the purple is so vibrant! Karen, this is just gorgeous and such a fun whimsical feel to! Beautiful cards!!!!

    Thank you SO much for your kind words! I am feeling a little down about backing off my teams but I just was really having to put family things on hold to finish up my commitments and didn't feel right about it. We have had such a busy summer with my son's remodel, helping my daughter/husband with there landscaping and watching baby Arya. My oldest son is also moving from NY to LA which is happening next week. Yikes!
    I promise I will be back soon and doing what I once was passionate about:) Hugs my friend and again thanks so much for the support!!!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this new card. Happy to see you're back. Love, Annie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a pretty design and gorgeous colours too. Thank you for joining us over at the Fussy and Fancy Friday challenge blog. Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
  19. Where do I begin my angelic friend......
    The flowers are Gorgeous and a perfect color combo. Plus I LOVE shaped cards, it just makes the recipient feel that love that you put into it. It makes it feel special.
    I love this card so much that I am about to purchase it.
    The pearls & buttons are Precious! Off your game?..I don't think so...LOL!
    Oh, since I am returning back to work I had to step down form one if My DT. Only because I will continue to craft but also I want to be able to have a little time to ENJOY my new journey. As well as dedicate more time to Feel The Love Project, which I have not been able to do.
    Sending a HUGE amount of my love, hugs and Smiles to you my angelic friend.
    Millie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love! Have a beautifully blessed day. :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips