To pin my projects to Pinterest, hover over the picture and a Pin-it Button will magically appear.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Surprise Pop-Up Slider Card

The National Scrapbook Day celebration spilled over into today, which certainly isn't a bad thing! This is for Challenge #9 at My Pink Stamper, which necessitated glitz, glam, and glitter. I might be pushing the boundaries of glam here... but there's oodles of sparkle, pearls, and swirly flourishes. Plus, the pink cardstock and ribbon are called Raspberry Fizz. Surely that makes my butterfly glamorous.

This project began as a gift card holder, but I soon realized I had no gift card for inclusion and therefore needed a new plan. Details, details. So I searched for different takes on slider cards to try and stumbled upon a great tutorial for surprise pop-ups from Dawn at Dawn's Stamping Studio. Perfect! I *love* this idea. My creative process was a comedy of errors, made even funnier by the fact that this is not complicated. At all. I'll chalk it up to late-night sleepy crafting and a less-than-stellar Mocha Frapp. (Such devastation.) Regardless, this was a ton of fun and I will be making many variations in the future. :o)



Key Recipe Components:
 * Cricut Storybook cartridge
 * Autumn Leaves, Inkadinkado, and Hampton Art stamps
 * Brenda Walton rhinestones
 * Studio G glitter glue
 * Papertrey Ink and DCWV cardstock
 * Papertrey Ink and Offray ribbon

Love and blessings to all on this beautiful Mother's Day! Love you, Mom!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. A POP-UP CARD?!?!?! Nooooooo wayyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!

    AHHHHHHHHH!!! Oh...my...gosh!!! It's GORGEOUS, Sunshine!!! I am speechless!

    I can't even imagine how hard this was to make! I wouldn't even know where to start!!! How do you do it?!?! *is awestruck*

    I can't possibly think of a more perfect Mother's Day present than this card, can you? It is just dripping with love from corner to corner. Can you imagine how fun it would be to open it for the first time and find the hidden magic inside?!?! AHHH!!! Sooooooooo sparkling fun and amazing!!!

    And those sparkling and swirly accents and the colour scheme just make this card sooooooo stunning. I WANT this card, Sunshine. You need to make me a whole box of them. In every colour of the rainbow!!!

    Sending you endless flutter-by hugglers tonight for your masterpiece of a creation...

    I LOVE YOU SUNSHINE!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen, thank you for leaving a post on my blog... Great job with this card, I would love to see the how you made it. I never did a pop up card. :-( but once again... great JOB! I will be following you! :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love! Have a beautifully blessed day. :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips