To pin my projects to Pinterest, hover over the picture and a Pin-it Button will magically appear.

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Birthday Wishes!

Happy Wednesday, my dear friends! I hope you're having a lovely day. :o)

One of the many things I love about 7 Kids College Fund is their incredible variety! The most elegant of projects can come to life with products available, as well as the sweetest of cards for a child. In this case, I combined sweet La-La Land Crafts metal dies with adorable SugarPea Designs stamps to help celebrate a little kiddo's birthday. :o)

This is my last card for this month's I Feel the Love Project collection, where we have dedicated April to creating for children who are abused, neglected, or at-risk and being cared for at Tennyson Center for Children. I hope my contributions bring a smile to their beautiful hearts.
The precious bunnies are from SugarPea Designs' One Big Hoppy Family stamp set. After coloring them with Copics, I fussy-cut them out and stacked them for a fun little design. They and the balloons are popped up with foam tape for dimension.

The Heart Banner and Heart Border metal dies are from La-La Land Crafts. I love the stitched detailing amidst the whimsical designs! For an extra dose of sweetness, I added the heart cut-outs from the border to the intersections of the banner. The base, balloons, and gift are inked with varying Tim Holtz Distress Inks. For more texture, I used coordinating shades of twine for the balloon strings. :o) Wink of Stella Clear adds shimmer to the balloons, while Star Dust Stickles sparklify the pink parts of the bunny ears and feet.
I also used some My Craft Spot goodies on my card, including the twine. My sentiment is from Tiny Tags 3, which is cut out with the coordinating Tiny Tags Metal Dies. The gift and balloons are Treasure Box Designs cut files from their Make a Wish collection. My cheerful papers are all from Doodlebug's Hello Spring collection.

Thank you for hopping on by! I wish you a sparkly day. :o)

Products from the 7 Kids College Fund Store:


Challenges entered:
 *613 Avenue Create~ Anything Goes
 *A Gem of a Challenge~ Cute and Cuddly
 *Craft Your Passion~ Up in the Air/Things that can Fly (Bunnies and balloons in air)
 *Crafty Catz~ Anything Goes
 *One Stitch at a Time~ Anything Goes
 *Pile It On~ Stamping as the Focus (Bunnies are stamped and fussy-cut)

19 comments:

  1. Karen the stacked bunnies are just a bunch of stacked sweetness, they are adorable!!!!! I love your choice of papers and the inking on the balloons really makes them stand out, this card is surely most defiantly going to put a smile on one's face as once again it was created with such love that it's contagious... these children deserve to smile after all they have been through, have a most awesome day my friend! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen,
    I am so in love with the heart banner....ADORABLE!! The stacked bunnies are so SWEET! The doodlebug collection is TOTALLY cute!!!
    I always are at the borders that you use...ADORABLE!!
    The recipient will absolutely LOVE this PRECIOUS card...I ALWAYS do!!
    Sending TONS of my love, hugs & smiles and EXTRA hugs
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwww those bunnies are totally adorable Karen! I love your design with those gorgeous papers, wonderful dies and colourful balloons. The added sparkle makes your design even more special. This is sure to bring joy to the recipient.
    I hope you are having a good week.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sweetest friend, this is the most adorable card!! Those stacked bunnies are precious!! You colored them perfectly!! I love the papers you used and the colors!! They are so soft and beautiful!! The heart banner is a must have!! The package and balloons top off the card perfectly!! I just love everything about this!! It's whimsical and fun and someone will be so happy to receive this!! I keep scrolling up to look at those adorable bunnies!! Love them!! I hope you are having a great day my friend. I am praying and thinking of you. Hugest hugs my dear friend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen..........Oh what a fabulous card and those images are the cutest!! lovely layout and gorgeous backing papers too! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen, this is the most adorable card!! The banner, the bunnies, the design.. they just all work together to make the sweetest card! You are truly the most talented designer. We love that you are so giving and that you share all these lovelies with the IFTL Project. We love you!
    ~Madison and Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. :Love your fun card, and all the pretty dies you detailed it with. The papers are so pretty, those bunnies are the most sweetest yet... They are so cute stacking on each other like that....

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGOSH Karen.... So CUTE & FUN! I LOVE the pretty colors and the banner and the balloons.... Okay.. you got me.. I LOVE the whole darn thing! Super CUTE! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty. I love your well designed card. The result is stunning. Thank you for joining us over at Crafty Catz. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my - super adorable - love the rabbits and the sweetest papers. Beautiful card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just beautiful Karen - I love the colours that you have chosen and the bunnies just made me chuckle! Love it.

    Thank you so much for joining us over at the OSAAT challenge this week, lots of luck.

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx DT member

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely card thanks for sharing with 613 avenue create
    Rachel dt

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my Karen, this is just lovely. Such cutes images and I love the soft colours you used. This is a wonderful card to give or receive.

    Thanks for playing along with us at One Stitch at a Time for our Anything Goes Challenge. Good luck.

    Lynn, OSAAT DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is such a fun card!!!! I love the cute bunnies! the papers is so cute and all those embellies! lovely! Thank you so much for joining us in our Anything goes challenge at Crafty Catz !
    Mirella DK
    DT Crafty Catz challenge – Cute and Crafty Cards by Mirella

    ReplyDelete
  15. Funny card with great colours.
    Thanks for joining us at Craft your Passion.
    xxx Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, stunning! The papers and embellishments all come together so well. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT last week, hope you'll join us this week for a brand-new challenge. Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a CUTE card!!!
    Thank You for joining us last week at PIO!
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What sweetness!! Those bunnies are precious and I love the sweet banner hanging overhead with the hearts cut out of each one! And the balloons at the side balance things so wonderfully well! Such a celebratory card for a little one who might otherwise have been overlooked. Blessings to you for making this for a child whose life is not the way a child's life should be. May it bring joy and hope to the little one who receives it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Adorable card - those bunnies are super cute!!!
    Thanks for playing along at AGOAC this time.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love! Have a beautifully blessed day. :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips