To pin my projects to Pinterest, hover over the picture and a Pin-it Button will magically appear.

Monday, April 30, 2012

Wishing You a Day Full of Happiness

Happy Monday, my dear friends! I hope your week is already wonderful. Thank you for praying for that sweet family last week. They appreciate it! :o)

After a month without coloring, I was ecstatic to return to my beloved Copics over the weekend! (So rusty!) This card is for the dear owner and super sweet employees at my local cupcake bakery, which I regularly support. They are so kind, overly generous to me and my sweetheart, and recently celebrated their 1st Anniversary! It's been a fun year of fancy cupcakes. :o)

"Wishing You a Day Full of Happiness"
(I was fighting to photograph this in between massive rain showers. Forgive the lovely blur, please!)

This beautiful Elisabeth Bell stamp, Cinnamon Sugar, stole my heart at first glance and is perfect for the occasion. I colored her with rosy pinks and aquas, and incorporated some extra sparkle along the way. It's upsetting that they do not show in this image, but I used four Copic-colored aqua rhinestones on the top of her apron, deep red rhinestones for the cherries atop the cupcakes, and added shimmer to the hearts on her dress because love always sparkles. You all need to go buy a cupcake so you can see how sparkly it really looks. :o) I used Broken China Distress Ink and a cloud template to give her a sky backdrop, which photographed a bit washed out. I also made her a grassy hill to dance upon during her cupcake picnic. Cupcakes always make me happy-dance.

One of my favorite parts is on her apron. I cut a slit on top of the pocket to open it and tucked a sparklified heart inside. The secret ingredient to the perfect cupcake recipe is always love. :o)

The gorgeous papers are from the My Mind's Eye Blush collection. I lightly inked the edges with Victorian Velvet, sewed the layers with my sewing machine, and added a border of my favorite Doily Lace edge punch. The Doily Lace paper has a beautiful light pink damask design. The roses and lilies are from Wild Orchid Crafts, which are all trimmed in Star Dust. (Honestly!) I used my favorite Cindy Loo flourish, which is decorated with a few roses. The Guipure lace is from Wild Orchid Crafts. (I only have enough remaining lace for ONE card. Panic attack.)

The sweet sentiment is from the Lili of the Valley~ Dreamy Days stamp set. I framed it with a Spellbinders Lacey Circles die and inked it with Victorian Velvet. I chose it not only to wish them a day full of happiness every time they look at it, but also because their cupcakes and sweet personalities give all of US happiness. :o) I hope everyone at the cupcake bakery loves this as much as they loved the Christmas card I made them, which they had on display behind their counter for quite some time. (I told you they were amazing!)

Challenges entered:
 * Belles 'n Whistles~ Spring is in the Air
 * CES~ Candy and Cupcakes
 * Cooking with Cricut~ Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend (lots of sparkle!)
 * Elphine House Australia~ It's a Girl Thing (Use pinks or purples)
 * Lollipop Crafts~ Anything Goes
 * Paper Playtime~ Anything Goes
 * Simon Says Stamp~ Anything Goes

Thank you for dancing on by to visit me! I hope your day is bursting with hugs and cupcakes. :o)

Key Recipe Components:
 * Cricut cartridge: Cindy Loo
 * Spellbinders Nestabilities: Lacey Circles
 * Paper: Core'dinations, My Mind's Eye, Papertrey Ink
 * Sentiment stamp: Lili of the Valley~ Dreamy Days
 * Image stamp: Elisabeth Bell~ Cinnamon Sugar
 * Copics: E25, E29, E31, E50 (hair); E0000, E000, E00 (skin); R81, R83, R85 (dress, cupcake wrappers); BG000, BG11, BG13 (dress, picnic basket napkin); E31, E33, E35 (basket); E27, E29 (cupcakes); YR20, YR31 (frosting); YG17, YG23, G28 (grass)
 * Flowers and Guipure lace: Wild Orchid Crafts
 * Edge punch: Martha Stewart Doily Lace
 * Miscellaneous: Heart punch (stash); iRock; Stickles

Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Gasp...this is OUTSTANDING my friend! The digi is just the sweetest cutie pie out there. I love how you added a fun little heart to her pocket. Also, the flowers are gorgeous and the colors are amazing! Ofta, awesome card girl! You rocked this card!! TFS you beautiful work!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, your coloring just blows me away. The little girl's hair looks amazing. And her dress! Don't get me started. You always amaze me. Simply beautiful again:) Can't wait for more!! TFS and thanks for joining us this week at Cooking With Cricut.
    ~Madison CWC DT Funkycards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable. Your coloring on the digi is amazing and love all the added touches. Thanks for joining us at CWC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a joy to hop over to your blog , this is so beautiful, I am sure they felt so very special to receive this amazing card.. You are so amazingly talented, I love all the precious little details you add to your awesome cards. And your coloring is beyond amazing..what a blessing you are to so many .. I hope you are ding well my sweet friend.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabby Creation! GREAT Job!
    Thanks for joining us at Lollipop Crafts.
    Good Luck!
    -Sony DT
    sonia-studio60.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um sis? Guess what?

    THIS CARD IS BEYOND INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    *drools all over my keyboard* OMJ!!!!!!! Do you know how precious this is, Sunshine?!?!?!? *feels a happy cupcake glow in my heart every single time I look at it* AHHHHHH!!! The happy cupcakery staff are going flip over this gift! Can you imagine how much it means to them to have a cherished heart like yours handmake them a card?! That is just the most beautiful gift they could ever ask for, Sunshine. It will give them inspiration like never before. SQUEEEEEEEE!!! You are sooooooooooooooo special!!! *squishers you oodles and noodles*

    Know what I am beyond in love with on this card, Sunshine? I keep falling more and more and more in love with them too everytime I see them and how you arranged them on this card. YOUR FLOWERS!!! OMJ!!!!!!!! Aren't they stunning sis? Look at how perfectly you placed them on this card. They just make everything stand out SO flawlessly. I am so proud of you it hurts, sis! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! *tosses cupcake icing and confetti all over you to celebrate*

    I LOVE YOU SUNSHINE!!!!!!!

    *forever cupcake sparkling hugglers for the forever sparkling rainbow of all our hearts*
    P.S. Did you know that you are the sparkling cupcake in my picnic basket of life sis? *hugglers you forever*
    ~~~Christina :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow Karen, this is just SOOOO SWEET! That image is adorable with her sweet little toes in the green grass! Your coloring is outstanding and I just LOVE every detail and I'm sure they will too!
    Have a NICE day!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable, Karen! I love that little girl with the cupcake! She is so cute! I really like the lace and all of the flowers you added to it! Love all the papers too! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are a copic rock star, Karen! Beautiful job on this super cute card. Thanks so much for linking up this week with at Cooking With Cricut!

    ~ Jen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my sweet friend, this is stunning!! WOW!! How you are able to pack so much beauty into one card is amazing!! Cinnamon Sugar is so sweet!! And oh my gosh, you colored her so beautifully (that's rusty??!!) The little slit in her pocket to hold the heart is genius!! And that lace is gorgeous...I'd gasp if I only had a bit left, too ;) Another masterpiece in a long line of them...this is beyond fabulous :)

    Have a wonderful day, Karen!! Also...it wouldn't let me sign up again via email so I have no idea what is going on :(

    HUGS!! Lisa :)
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  11. *rubs eyes to make sure I am really seeing what I am seeing*

    SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! I AM I AM I AM!!!!!!!! It's my Sunshine's brand new beyond gorgeous blog design!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

    OMJ!!!!!!! SIS!!! I am crying so much right now. I have never seen anything so beautiful. *stares at every inch of the gorgeous page before me* I have no words to say just how excited I am for you, Sunshine. This is the most incredible blessing from above. There isn't a single design on earth that is more perfect...it is so 100 percent you and is such a gorgeous reflection of the sparkling love that shines brighter every single day in your heart. I get chills when I think about how far you have taken your incredible blog, sis. I think back to that extra special very first day you posted...it seems like just the other day, doesn't it? And now...just thinking about all the lives you have touched and all the hearts you have inspired and all the spirits you have lifted through the message of God's love. I couldn't be more proud of you my sweetest sis. I love you with my entire heart and beyond. God bless my sweetest Sunshine as her stunning blog begins a brand new chapter in its journey today. May it forever be blessed with endless sparkling rainbow flutterby love always.

    "A gift opens doors; it gives access to the great" Proverbs 18:16

    SOOOOOOOOOOOO LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUU!!!

    *forever sparkling hugglers from your forever number one fan*
    ~~~Christina :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty card Christina, the image is adorable and I love the glittery flowers Thanks for joining in the fun at CES this week :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awwww, do you KNOW how sweet you are? You do, don't you? YOU, my friend, are sweeter than all the cupcakes in the world combined. :)

    The folks at your wonderful cupcakery are going to be over the moon when they receive this! I bet that eventually they'll create a "Karen Card" wall - a place where they can gaze at your masterpieces all day long and KNOW how appreciated they are. You are SO GOOD at making people see the beauty in themselves (I know this from experience, you see)! I WISH I could be there when this gorgeous card is received - I bet there will be smiles to light up a room! :)

    You are SOOOOOO amazing! :)
    Nita

    P.S. You are my Copic HERO! You've totally mastered the REDS! Woo hoo! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW, Your blog is so beautiful and your card is gorgeous. I am new to your blog but I am now your newest follower if you get a chance pop on over to my blog. Lots of Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love! Have a beautifully blessed day. :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips