Happy Tuesday, my sweet friends! I hope you're having a wonderful week! :o)
This is perhaps the simplest card I've ever made, but sometimes the situation warrants it as such. Sadly, one of my sweetheart's friends and his family are mourning the loss of a sweet little girl. The family couldn't be any nicer, always wanting to see us and be a blessing to us. We all hoped and prayed that her brain tumor would be overcome, but after a long battle she is now strong and healthy at home with the Lord. They are not taking it well. The funeral was yesterday, so let us pray the emotional healing will begin.
I wanted to make them a card and a treat, as my honey thinks it will help their spirits. I had the hardest time with this card. I finally settled upon a peaceful, simple scene. Being surrounded by nature can often make one feel closest to God.
My Craft Spot crinkle ribbon for the bow: Aqua Mist and Snow White. I centered it with another rose and trimmed the petals of all four with Star Dust. To finish it of, I added pearl accents to the frame in two sizes.
The interior is a Spellbinders Picot Edge Circle, made with the same soft green as the branch. The Whimsical Designs stamp is from the Everyday Sentiments collection. Paired with a chocolatey treat, I hope this will bring a tiny bit of sunshine to their hearts this week. It is such a heartbreaking time.
Thank you for fluttering on by today! I wish you a day that sparkles with love. :o)
Key Recipe Components:
* Cricut cartridge: Art Philosophy
* Spellbinders Nestabilities: Picot Edge Circles
* Paper: Core'diations, Kaisercraft (branch and interior), Magnolia, Papertrey Ink
* Sentiment: Whimsical Designs~ Everyday Sentiments
* Roses: Wild Orchid Crafts
* Crinkle Ribbon: My Craft Spot (Aqua Mist and Snow White)
* Butterflies: Fiskars; Martha Stewart Small Monarch
* Ink: Walnut Stain
* Miscellaneous: Pearls (Recollections and Queen & Co.); Stickles