To pin my projects to Pinterest, hover over the picture and a Pin-it Button will magically appear.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Sympathy Card

Happy Tuesday, my sweet friends! I hope you're having a wonderful week! :o)

This is perhaps the simplest card I've ever made, but sometimes the situation warrants it as such. Sadly, one of my sweetheart's friends and his family are mourning the loss of a sweet little girl. The family couldn't be any nicer, always wanting to see us and be a blessing to us. We all hoped and prayed that her brain tumor would be overcome, but after a long battle she is now strong and healthy at home with the Lord. They are not taking it well. The funeral was yesterday, so let us pray the emotional healing will begin.

I wanted to make them a card and a treat, as my honey thinks it will help their spirits. I had the hardest time with this card. I finally settled upon a peaceful, simple scene. Being surrounded by nature can often make one feel closest to God.
I used Art Philosophy for the branch and card shape, immediately knowing I was going to use my beloved Magnolia Butterfly Dreams paper as the background. I added three soft, vintage pink Wild Orchid Crafts roses to the branch and two white butterflies to the scene. The larger is a Martha Stewart Small Monarch, the smaller is a Fiskars punch, and both bodies are accented with pearls. Although it's hard to tell in the photograph, I used two shades of My Craft Spot crinkle ribbon for the bow: Aqua Mist and Snow White. I centered it with another rose and trimmed the petals of all four with Star Dust. To finish it of, I added pearl accents to the frame in two sizes.

The interior is a Spellbinders Picot Edge Circle, made with the same soft green as the branch. The Whimsical Designs stamp is from the Everyday Sentiments collection. Paired with a chocolatey treat, I hope this will bring a tiny bit of sunshine to their hearts this week.  It is such a heartbreaking time.

Thank you for fluttering on by today! I wish you a day that sparkles with love. :o)

Key Recipe Components:
 * Cricut cartridge: Art Philosophy
 * Spellbinders Nestabilities: Picot Edge Circles
 * Paper: Core'diations, Kaisercraft (branch and interior), Magnolia, Papertrey Ink
 * Sentiment: Whimsical Designs~ Everyday Sentiments
 * Roses: Wild Orchid Crafts
 * Crinkle Ribbon: My Craft Spot (Aqua Mist and Snow White)
 * Butterflies: Fiskars; Martha Stewart Small Monarch
 * Ink: Walnut Stain
 * Miscellaneous: Pearls (Recollections and Queen & Co.); Stickles

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Oh my, my prayers are with them... So sad to hear this Karen....
    Love your card and I'm sure it will bring some comfort and relief for their loss... Butterflies are always pretty on those sympathy cards. I think of those butterflies flying freely and searching for their destination far far away.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, nothing you do is "simple"... This is such an elegant card and I know that they will cherish it.. I will be praying for the family, it is so hard to lose a loved one, espeically a child.. They are blessed to have such an amazing friend, I know that you will be there for them if and when they need you... Hugs from Ukiah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear about your friends loss. I can't imagine the hurt! You will be a blessing to them, your heart is so loving and caring that you will not be able to not bring some hope and love to them. I too will pray for their hearts to receive God's grace. I believe as you that she is walking streets of gold, healthy, happy, whole, and at peace. She's probably holding our Lord's hand as they walk and He brings her joy beyond our ability to comprehend. Your card is perfect!

    Hugs, Pam
    http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Love the butterfly paper. :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm saying lots of healing prayers and prayers for strength and comfort for them, Karen. I can't imagine what they are going through. As always, you have made a card that is both poignant and beautiful. The branch is gorgeous and wow, the flowers are so pretty!! The paper is just perfect and the shape is so awesome...everything about this is amazing!! Perfect, my sweet friend!!

    Hugs, Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I've been MIA lately, but I had to stop in quickly and tell you how fabulous you are. That heart of yours gets bigger every day! I know how hard this one was for you, and you came through it beautifully. What a blessing you are, my friend. :)

    Hugs,

    Nita

    ReplyDelete
  7. *hugglers my Sunshine soooooo sparklie tight*

    Gosh sis...what is there to say about how much this card truly means. It is the most extra extra extra special gift you could ever give them, Sunshine. It is just bursting with endless hugglers and God's healing love. They will cherish it SO deeply, Sunshine. It is everything and more that they could ever hope for in moments this. I know without question that it will help them shine through such an incredibly difficult time...and it will serve as a sparkling reminder of just how close their sweet girl is to them even now and just how safe and happy she really is. She is still very much with them sis and this card and the gorgeous flutterbys will help show them that.

    *praying with you for the comfort and healing of such a special family*

    God bless you Sunshine for helping serve as God's delivery girl this week by delivering a burst of hope and faith to hearts that need it most of all. You are something else my sweetest sis. I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LOVE YOUUUUUUUUU!!!

    *forever flutterby hugglers*
    ~~~Christina :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry to hear about your friends loss. I can't even imagine what they must be going through. I will keep them in my prayers. Your card is just beautiful. It has such a soft, comforting feel to it and I love the pretty paper, flower and butterfly. So sweet Karen...take care my friend. I am thinking of you!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love! Have a beautifully blessed day. :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips