To pin my projects to Pinterest, hover over the picture and a Pin-it Button will magically appear.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Card Outreach and I Feel the Love Cards

Happy Tuesday, my sparkly friends! I hope everyone is having a marvelous week! Today I have a couple of things to share with you that I made for two very sweet girls. This post is a bit picture-heavy to show the contents of the petal box... and a bit long in general. But with two cards for two cancer-battling girls and a deadline tonight, there was just no other way.

The current Cooking with Cricut challenge has joined forces with my favorite part of crafting: Madison's I Feel the Love Project. They are collecting for two amazing girls and I am thrilled to have something for each of them. My sappy heart was in overdrive over the weekend as I created a card and little gift for each of them.
You all already know how important (and vital) I Feel the Love is to me. Each month the sweet and talented Madison highlights a particular person, family, or organization in need of an extra burst of love and sunshine. In turn, we have the incredible honor of using our passion for a greater cause. This month's recipient is Emily, a lovely 6 year-old girl who is battling leukemia. She loves pink, purple, kittens, horses, and arts & crafts... I jammed them all in between her card and gift. Teehee.

"Purrfect"
I hope she gets as much joy from this card as I had while creating it. Create a Critter was used for all of the cuts. I used bright and cheery Heidi Grace papers to reflect a sunny outdoor scene. I couldn't resist sprucing up the sweet kitten's pillow... so I pleated some My Craft Spot Buttercup crinkle ribbon to symbolize ruffles of sunshiny love and added bright yellow rhinestone "sunbeams" to the trim. She's one happy kitten, immersed in God's loving warmth.

I love the yarn accessory that's part of the kitten page on the CAC cartridge, but instead made a little "ball" of yarn with Grape Fizz trendy twine. Not only is it Emily's beloved purple, but it also adds another fun textural element. Strawberry Cupcake twine was used for the kitten bows and I used Peachy Keen faces to give her and the sun some personality. :o) All twine is also from My Craft Spot.

"Wishing You Sunshine all Year Through"
For Emily's pillow box (from Art Philosophy), I used the same Heidi Grace paper as her card and wrapped it with Papertrey Ink Raspberry Fizz ribbon and Strawberry Cupcake twine. Oh the sweet sentiment... for so long I yearned for circular sentiments from Lili of the Valley. They recently had a free worldwide shipping promotion and I finally ordered one of the sets. I opted for the Dreamy Days set and am in LOVE. What better first-use than for these two girls? :o) I used a Spellbinders Lacey Circle to frame it, lightly inked with Tim Holtz Spun Sugar. Regarding the contents of this, that is the one thing left undone. Since Madison's collection runs through the end of the month, I will be filling it up this weekend with a bunch of cuts she can play with and will post it with the second card I'll be making her. Since Emily loves arts and crafts, I'll be doing a similar assortment to the pillow box of love I made sweet Trinitie last month.

The other recipient of Cooking with Cricut's challenge is a beautiful 13-year old named Patty, who is battling a rare form of cancer. She has had numerous rounds of chemotherapy, surgeries, and a stem cell transplant. Aren't you so crazy proud of her? I wish I could hug all of these people we create for...

"Be Unique, Be Unforgettable, Be You"
After much debate, I made Patty a purse from Create a Critter. I wanted to make her an actual purse, but I lacked the proper supplies. :( Hopefully she likes this purse-shaped card. :o) It's a pretty pink plaid because Patty is wearing pink in the picture of her that was posted. I gave it a fun pom-pom trim, which is one of my favorite things. To personalize it and make it especially for her, I made her a "P" logo and tucked it just beneath the pom trim. The heart base and frame layers are from Gypsy Wanderings. Her initial is from Storybook, which I accented with rhinestones. The purse closure is made of Art Philosophy flower cuts, a shimmery button, and a Blossom twine bow.

The wonderful Whimsical Designs sentiment is from the Whimsical Fun~ Volume 1 stamp set. It's "secured" with Strawberry Cupcake twine and I finished the purse by adding three tiny rhinestones on either end of the handle. When I debate between brads and rhinestones, the sparkly option will always win out. ;)

"Wishing You a Day Full of Happiness"
Do you think Patty likes wonky bows? I sure hope so. ;) (Although I will try to fix that before I mail it out.) I made her a petal box from the Art Philosophy cartridge, wrapped it in pretty ribbon that she can just slide off, and used another one of the beautiful Lili of the Valley sentiments. I truly love all 12 that came on the sheet.

Want to see the contents? The petal box Echo Park paper provides a clue... pretty flourishes are like fluffy frosting swirls. :o)
Secured with a jump ring, I made six fun and delicious cupcakes. All of the frosting is embossed and I tried to choose a nice variety of "wrappers." But these aren't merely pretty confections. What goes with sweet cupcakes? Sweet sentiments.

"Believe That You are Wonderful"
"Believe in Your Dreams"
Each cupcake has a unique sentiment from that same coordinating set, stamped upon a lacey circle, and inked with Spun Sugar. I tied sheer pink dot ribbon to the jump ring to coordinate with the petal box. I hope and pray that Patty and Emily smile upon receiving their little gifts. :o)

Challenge entered:
 * Cooking with Cricut~ Card Outreach

Thank you for persevering through this post and for visiting me today! I hope your day sparkles with love and joy. :o)

Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. Gosh what beautiful creations:)x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, these creations are just AMAZING! You have made these with so much love...What s sweet, caring and thoughtful person you are! I am sure Emily and Patty will just love there gifts.
    Your kitten card is super cute and I love what you did with the kittens pillow-great touch and I adore the matching pillow box:)
    Patty's purse couldn't be cuter. Great paper and delicious cupcakes..such a great idea to add the sweet sentiments. So fantastic and so touching:)
    Your amazing my friend!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, once again, amazing! One of my favorite parts of crafting is looking to see what you create each month and reading your posts. They truly warm my heart. When I box up the projects each month it feels so good to know that so much love is going out to our recipients. Thank you for being a faithful part of this team.
    ~Madison Funkycards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. love all the projects, you just put your entire heart and soul into your crafting.... So generous and a great heart you have too. I see all those cute PK faces, your sun is just as cute, I only have one set and I had to put my sun to the face it would match with the stamps... hee, hee.... I will have to get me more eventually....
    have a great day Karen....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Karen, i can just feel all the love you have put into these BEAUTIFUL projects.. you are so amazing... and thank you so much for your prayers my friend.. you are such a blessing to so many people and i am so blessed to call you my dear friend.. i pray you are feeling better.. sending up prayers for you.. hugs from ukiah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Karen these are so precious. The girls are going to be so blessed by your love creations. You put so much care in everything you do. This is truly a ministry for you.

    Hugs, Pam
    http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful creations! They all turned out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful projects! I am overwhelmed!


    Thank you so much for participating in this very meaningful challenge at CWC this week!

    Thanks for sharing!
    -Kemma, CookingWithCricut Design Team
    mykemmacards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen all your creations are awesome. Love the purse. Thanks for joining us this week for the challenge at CWC.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karen, even though I'm way up in Canada, I can FEEL the love you've put into these creations. It is so obvious that each project is lovingly and carefully made. I'm so impressed with the way you just know (or are guided from above!) exactly what to make for each purpose. The sweet little kitten card IS "purrfect" - and what could be better for a 13-year old girl than a fun purse card? And the delightful pillow box and inspirational cupcakes (that sounds funny!!) are ideal.
    You really are a treasure, Karen, and I'm so blessed to have the privilege of being inspired by one such as you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Guess who's creations are beyond purrrrrrrfect?!?!?! YOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

    OMJ SUNSHINE!!! I can't even see to type right now! My eyes are so overflowing with happy tears!!! *grabs you and clings*

    There are no words to say what these presents are going to mean to precious Emily and Patty. Your gifts will help them both heal SO much in God's sparkling love, sis. The second they open these cards they will be treated to a shower of healing strength. They sound like SUCH incredible girls. So brave. I SO wish I could meet them. They remind me of a certain someone and all her amazing bravery and sparkling faith. *wink wink wink*

    OMJ! I soooooooo need to pet the kitty sis!!! *hugglers the happy sun too cause I just adore him to bits and pieces* Do you know how adorable this gift is sis? GASP! I wanna play with it forever!!!

    And OMJ! I can't even imagine how much heart went into every single inch of Patty's pressie. It is just surreal. *cries more and more and more with every flip of her happy cupcake surprise* WHEEE!!! It's soooooooo gorgeous!!!

    God couldn't be more proud of you Sunshine. When He sees all the love you give so freely, His heart smooshers out like the most smooshy of cupcakes. We are all so incredlbly proud of you sis. *squishers you with all my strength*

    SQUEEEEEEEE!!! HAPPY KITTY AND PURSE HUGS TO MY SWEETEST SUNSHINE!!!

    *forever sparkling squishies*
    ~~~Christina :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! Karen your beautiful creations brought tears to my eyes -- so much love and care poured into each one. These lovely young ladies are going to absolutely ADORE what you've made for them. Thanks so much for linking up with us this week at Cooking With Cricut.

    ~ Jen

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have to sincerely thank you, my sweet friend!! Whenever you post a project, it completely brightens my day!! Nothing will ever top my card of course ;) but each one is unique and beautiful and so full of love!! I don't know how you do it every single time!!

    Emily's cars is just purrfect!! I love the adorable kitty and her sweet face!! The twine ball of yarn is so creative!! And Patty's purse is gorgeous!! The pom-pom trim is a must-have!! And don't even get me started on the boxes...they are amazing - as are you!! The love and care you put into these projects is simply stunning!!

    Thank you for the amazing inspiration my friend!! Huge hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  14. You truly have a beautiful heart Karen.I love all of these projects and both girls will too.
    hugs
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  15. THUDDDD....omgosh Karen, these are phenomenal!!! Each handmade card and gift set is more like a fine work of art to be cherished always. It's obvious how much love and care went into these projects and the girls will feel that love, no doubt! You are very kind and thoughtful and I love seeing our creativity shared in such a beautiful way. Thank you for joining us at CWC this week for this very special challenge and for sharing Madison's vision as well.She's such a lovely girl :) Big hugs to you for all you do! Have a blessed day xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hmm...I wonder whose super amazing ultra sparklie mega happy happy cupcake "My Craft Spot Top 3 Winner" award badge that is on the right hand side of this page? Hmm. Let me think...

    AHHHHHHHHHHH!!! It's my Sunshine's Award!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

    OMJ Congratulations Sunshine!!! I am beaming from ear to ear tonight because I am so crazy proud of you!!! *squishers you non-stop* That ultra special award couldn't have gone to a more extra special heart. I love you something silly sis and I just wanted you to know just how much pride you fill all our hearts with every single week with your unconditional love. Every day is a Top 3 day with you, Sunshine. You make all of your sweetest followers and all those whose lives you touch and inspire more happy than you will ever possibly know.

    God bless you my precious sis!!!

    SOOOOOOOOO LOVE MY SUNSHINE!!!

    *forever sparkling cupcake squishies*
    ~~~Christina :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You know what I love? I LOVE your HEART. Not only did you give your time to make cards for these lovely young ladies, you made them GIFTS too! Do you KNOW how special they are going to feel? Do you KNOW how big their smiles are going to be? I get teary-eyed just think about it.

    Emily's kitten card is beyond adorable. It really is. I bet she hugs it when she sees it (I would). And Patty's card? Genius! A card shaped like a purse is SO COOL! And the inspiration tags to go with it are fantastic! What a blessing you are Karen!

    *hugs you so hard you go "ooomph"*

    You are SO amazing!!!!

    Nita

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love! Have a beautifully blessed day. :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips