To pin my projects to Pinterest, hover over the picture and a Pin-it Button will magically appear.

Friday, April 13, 2012

Rocky Road can be an obstacle or an ice cream...

Happy Friday, my sweet friends! I hope everyone had a beautiful Easter. :o)

It's been a challenging week, but thankfully I've been able to work on some cards for a couple bloggy friends who could use a little boost. :o) The one I'm sharing today is for a friend who is injured. No worries, she's been warned to stay away from my blog until the card arrives. :o) If she steals a sneak peek, it's not my fault. ;) Teehee.

"Rocky Road can be an obstacle or an ice cream..."
"I'll happily take either from you."
Teehee! She wouldn't mind me stealing her ice cream, I'm sure. ;) The first half of the sentiment is one of my favorite quotes, then I added my own ending for the interior. Silliness aside, I wanted to tell her that I would happily take and endure her trials so she wouldn't have to... not only this current injury, but it goes for every personal and professional obstacle in her future. Hopefully she'll take a peek at this at any of those moments, smile, and remember how much she is loved. :o)

Ice cream fixes everything, right? I made her a quadruple-scoop ice cream cone from Simply Charmed, but the current rocky road has turned it a bit topsy-turvy. The vanilla scoop has tumbled off and I couldn't resist adding a sweet Peachy Keen face. The first scoop is embossed with D'vine Swirls and covered in Stickles. Depending on the angle of the card, it's either caramel swirl (like here) or a minty green swirl. Ice cream is so magical like that. ;) The middle scoop with the happy Peachy Keen face is cotton candy flavor, which happens to be a personal favorite. The top scoop is my rendition of Rocky Road, with coarsely chopped peanuts and pearls for marshmallows.

The base papers are among my favorites, which I have been afraid to use! Hehe. I hope she likes them as much as I do. I always love brown and pink together, and the sweet pops of red hearts are just so pretty. Both heart designs are from the SEI With All My Heart collection. I cut out an Elegant Edges frame, backed it with pink Core'dinations paper, and foam-taped it atop the diamond-heart paper for dimension. The sweet pink and white twine is Blossom from My Craft Spot, which I just LOVE. It reminds me of strawberry milk, which adds extra sweetness to this card. :o) I secured the ice cream cone with a Little Yellow Bicycle heart button, because one touch of love is all that's needed to truly brighten a friend's day. :o)

The sentiment tag and interior base are Spellbinders Picot Edge Circles. The inking is Tim Holtz Spun Sugar Distress Ink, then to the tag I added some pretty sparkles and a sweet little Blossom bow. The interior hearts and picot circle are the same pink textured cardstock as the frame base. The Whimsical Designs "Thinking of you" stamp is from the Everyday Sentiments set. I hope she loves it! :o)

Challenges entered:
 * Fantabulous Cricut~ Buttons and Bows
 * My Craft Spot~ Inside and Out (Sentiments on the inside and outside)

Thank you for fluttering on by today! You make me sparkle. :o)

Key Recipe Components:
 * Cricut cartridges: Elegant Edges, Simply Charmed
 * Cuttlebug embossing folder: D'vine Swirls
 * Spellbinders Nestabilities: Picot Edge Circles
 * Rocky Road sentiments: Computer generated
 * Sentiment stamp: Whimsical Designs~ Everyday Sentiments
 * Peachy Keen stamps: Everyday Character Face Assortment
 * Paper: Core'dinations, SEI, stash
 * Twine: My Craft Spot (Blossom)
 * Button: Little Yellow Bicycle~ Love Potion
 * Pearls: Queen and Company
 * Heart punch: Cute little one from stash
 * Miscellaneous: iRock, Stickles

Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. Totally pretty Karen..
    love those purple shades and yummy ice cream..
    Have a super weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again my Love you have created a beautiful card, from your beautiful heart. The papers are lovely, and your friend is going to be blessed.

    You are a special friend to all that know you.

    Hugs, Pam
    http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your colors this is a great card and ice cream does fix just about everything. Thanks for joining us on this challenge over at the FCCB.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwwwww! This card is absolutely adorable! I love how you created the different flavors of ice cream! The Rocky Road one looks good enough to eat! Love the sentiment too! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So completely adorable! She will love it...that card would make anyone's day. TFS Cathie
    www.creativecutterroom.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a super sweet card to send to your friend. I am sure you will brighten her day! Your card is so fun and just makes me smile inside. The color choice is perfect and I just love your smiley ice cream cone. Cute PK faces too! Awesome card my friend!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so adorable! The colour combinations are wonderful and I got such a kick out of the fun expressions - especially that of the fallen scoop!
    I do hope that your friend recovers quickly. I'm certain that her spirits will be lifted by this fabulous card - and the love and friendship that comes with it.
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot and at Fantabulous Cricut!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am truly, and honestly at a loss for words...this is the most amazing, beautiful, thoughtful card EVER created (typed through tears of happiness)!! Every single detail is stunning...from the gorgeous paper to the exquisite design, to those sweet faces!! I know I've managed to write a bit, but I am just moved beyond words. Just know that it is the most special, amazing, gorgeous card I've ever received my incredible, dear, sweet friend!! To say I love it is a huge understatement!!

    Thank you so, so much!! I am incredibly honored!! Gigantic hugs,

    Lisa :)
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    PS - Can you believe I actually managed to stay away from your blog until it arrived??!! I was dang proud of myself...patience is not my strong point ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute! I really love the puny -sentiment. Its adorable and really touching. I sure your friend will love it. She'll probably share her ice cream after this one! Thanks for joining us at FCCB!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww... Karen you are amazing and so sweet! I'm sure this card will be loved and cherished! I just got done with some delicious ice cream so I am loving this card...hehe! Thanks for sharing this beautiful and fun card with us at My Craft Spot!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  12. Karen, your card turned out adorable. I love the shape, colors, and extra touches you've added to your card. Thanks for entering your card in this week's challenge at My Craft Spot. :)

    Ally

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love this!!!

    Be blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful card and sentiment Karen.Your friend will know how special they are.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on your win at My Craft Spot with this care-no surprise, it is just gorgeous!! Awesome job my friend:) Have a great day!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello my darling friend! This is super duper cute and yummy! You did a wonderful job, as always. ;) Congrats on making the Top 5 yet again at FCCB! I hope you are doing well and that life is treating you good. :) Have a Fantabulous weekend, Karen!

    XO ~ Amy Jo (FCCB DT member & follower)
    http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com
    amyjrockstar at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Tee hee! This is just so darn sweet! My favorite cards are the ones made with someone special in mind. Cards made for actual recipients have so much more *love* in them, you know? And they're more fun to make too. :)

    I love how you used pearls for sprinkles, and the PKS faces are SO cute! The expression you chose for the poor scoop that has fallen - that one made giggle. :)

    I'll be this card made Lisa feel HEAPS better. You're always such a blessing, my friend. :)

    Nita

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love! Have a beautifully blessed day. :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips