Happy Friday, my sweet friends! I hope everyone had a beautiful Easter. :o)
It's been a challenging week, but thankfully I've been able to work on some cards for a couple bloggy friends who could use a little boost. :o) The one I'm sharing today is for a friend who is injured. No worries, she's been warned to stay away from my blog until the card arrives. :o) If she steals a sneak peek, it's not my fault. ;) Teehee.
"Rocky Road can be an obstacle or an ice cream..."
Ice cream fixes everything, right? I made her a quadruple-scoop ice cream cone from Simply Charmed, but the current rocky road has turned it a bit topsy-turvy. The vanilla scoop has tumbled off and I couldn't resist adding a sweet Peachy Keen face. The first scoop is embossed with D'vine Swirls and covered in Stickles. Depending on the angle of the card, it's either caramel swirl (like here) or a minty green swirl. Ice cream is so magical like that. ;) The middle scoop with the happy Peachy Keen face is cotton candy flavor, which happens to be a personal favorite. The top scoop is my rendition of Rocky Road, with coarsely chopped peanuts and pearls for marshmallows.
The base papers are among my favorites, which I have been afraid to use! Hehe. I hope she likes them as much as I do. I always love brown and pink together, and the sweet pops of red hearts are just so pretty. Both heart designs are from the SEI With All My Heart collection. I cut out an Elegant Edges frame, backed it with pink Core'dinations paper, and foam-taped it atop the diamond-heart paper for dimension. The sweet pink and white twine is Blossom from My Craft Spot, which I just LOVE. It reminds me of strawberry milk, which adds extra sweetness to this card. :o) I secured the ice cream cone with a Little Yellow Bicycle heart button, because one touch of love is all that's needed to truly brighten a friend's day. :o)
The sentiment tag and interior base are Spellbinders Picot Edge Circles. The inking is Tim Holtz Spun Sugar Distress Ink, then to the tag I added some pretty sparkles and a sweet little Blossom bow. The interior hearts and picot circle are the same pink textured cardstock as the frame base. The Whimsical Designs "Thinking of you" stamp is from the Everyday Sentiments set. I hope she loves it! :o)
* Fantabulous Cricut~ Buttons and Bows
* My Craft Spot~ Inside and Out (Sentiments on the inside and outside)
Thank you for fluttering on by today! You make me sparkle. :o)
Key Recipe Components:
* Cricut cartridges: Elegant Edges, Simply Charmed
* Cuttlebug embossing folder: D'vine Swirls
* Spellbinders Nestabilities: Picot Edge Circles
* Rocky Road sentiments: Computer generated
* Sentiment stamp: Whimsical Designs~ Everyday Sentiments
* Peachy Keen stamps: Everyday Character Face Assortment
* Paper: Core'dinations, SEI, stash
* Twine: My Craft Spot (Blossom)
* Button: Little Yellow Bicycle~ Love Potion
* Pearls: Queen and Company
* Heart punch: Cute little one from stash
* Miscellaneous: iRock, Stickles