To pin my projects to Pinterest, hover over the picture and a Pin-it Button will magically appear.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Showers of Love: I Feel the Love

Happy Sunday, my crafty friends! I hope you're having a lovely weekend. :o)

This month is speeding by, so I had to hop to it to get another card done for sweet Emily. Emily is this month's recipient of Madison's inspiring project, I Feel the Love. Each month she selects a person, family, or organization in need of extra sunshine and love. In turn, we have the incredible opportunity to be a blessing to someone in need... to use our passion for a far greater purpose. I am so thankful for this cause, as it drives me like no other.

Emily is six years old and battling leukemia. Last week I posted a kitten card I made for her and I decided to stick with the Create a Critter cartridge for this one, too. :o)

"Showers of love..." (If you enlarge it, you'll see the gorgeous sparkle of the background paper)
"... to give you a rainbow."
When I saw the Fantabulous Cricut challenge this week, I instantly knew I wanted to make Emily a showers of love card. For the background paper, I turned the horizontal design sideways to make it look like colorful, rainbow rain. I punched out some hearts, covered them in Star Dust, and inked them with Victorian Velvet Distress Ink to make them glow in love. I placed them at the ends of the "streams" of larger raindrops. I love how sparkly the paper is and thought Emily might, too. :o) (The pond is super sparkly too, but the photograph does not capture it.)

To amp up the cuteness factor, the froggie has googly eyes and a Peachy Keen smile. His tummy is polka dots because he's bubbling up with love for Emily. :o) I especially like having textures and patterns on kiddo cards, so I used coordinating plaid and polka dot papers for the lily pad, grass, and umbrella. All the patterned papers are from the DCWV Nursery~Baby Girl stack, which I've used for everything except a baby card! Hehe. I embossed the clouds with D'vine Swirls and used foam tape for the frog, umbrella, and front grass sections for dimension. I did not pop up the clouds because Emily will rise above this storm, protected by heavenly love.

The card is framed with a bubbly-looking frame from Elegant Edges in the same color as the frog. I used a Spellbinders Lacey Pennant die for the computer-generated sentiment, but kept it tonal so all of the color is in the main scene. For the interior rainbow, I used DCWV glitter stack papers to make it as sparkly as possible. The colors don't exactly match the front, but that is by design. I wanted the rainbow to be Emily's favorite colors. :o) The heart is a coordinating pattern to the one I used for the rain, which is bubbling up in rainbow love. :o) As always, I pray that she feels a burst of love and sunshine when she receives this card, which was made with my and God's love for her.
Challenge entered:
 * Fantabulous Cricut~ April Showers

There's still some time to link up if you'd like to make a card for Emily. :o) Thank you for hopping on by today! I hope your day sparkles with hugs and blessings. :o)

Key Recipe Components:
 * Cricut cartridges: Create a Critter, Elegant Edges
 * Cuttlebug embossing folder: D'vine Swirls
 * Spellbinders Shapeabilities: Lacey Pennants
 * Paper: Core'dinations, DCWV, Papertrey Ink
 * Sentiment: Computer generated
 * Distress Inks: Victorian Velvet, Walnut Stain
 * Miscellaneous: Googly eyes, Stickles (for umbrella handle)

Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. Karen, you always know how to amp up the cuteness factor!! This is adorable!! You know just how to design the perfect cards:) This is too sweet!!! Thank you so much for thinking of Emily again and for another card for the I Feel the Love Project. You truly are the best!
    ~Madison Funkcyards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always make your cards so special, and I know when Emily receives this the sun will be shining and that rainbow will be glowing with all those pretty colors for her to see...
    So cute and I love the details you do on the cards especially for Emily... You are one special person Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the CUTEST!! I love the cut of the base...it just looks like a cute cloud, too. Love the heart rain drops :0)

    Be blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Karen, i am blessed every time i pop over to see your amazing creations. This is just too precious and i now that Emily is going to love every single detail... and she will feel the burst of love and sunshine from you and God..hugs from ukiah

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute and pretty card and I love that it is a shower of love!I saw all the challenges involving umbrellas and clouds and thought I didn't want to make a card with them as I was unlikely to give it to anyone...but I didn't think of using it the way you so brilliantly did!Wonderful card Karen.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaaw Karen, what a fabulous card:) The colors are fantastic and just love that cute, addorable froggie. Love the google eyes. The sparkly background paper is super cute and such a wonderful card for your sweet Emily! TFS and I hope you have a wonderful day my sweet friend!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. As someone who makes a living as a writer, it amazes me that every time I visit you, I am at a complete loss for words!! What a beautiful, thoughtful, stunning card for Emily!! Wow, Karen!! This is just amazing!! Every little detail you added shines with love and it just adds up to one incredible card!! Just simply gorgeous!!

    I hope you know how important you are to so many people, Karen, and I am the president of your fan club!! I am so blessed to have you in my life!! Great big hugs my sweetest of friends!!

    Lisa :)
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute. Emily is going to Love this card.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen this is just adorable. Emily will love it. I am sure she really looks forward to these cards.

    You are so inspirational to me, not just your crafting ability but your love for God, and the way you share him. You are very special Karen. I am in the fan club that Lisa is president of for sure!

    Hugs, Pam

    http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is adorable, Karen! I love the heart raindrops and the embossing on the clouds. You used such pretty papers too! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. *hops into my Sunshine's super froggy bloggy and leaves trails of sparklie hugglers everywhere* TEE HEE HEE!!!

    WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Froggie Huggles to Everyone!!!

    I haven't been able to stop thinking about this card all week, Sunshine. It just makes my heart light up like the brightest star in the sky. I can't even begin to imagine how much sweet Emily is going to love this gift. It is simply the most adorable froggie card I have EVER seen! SQUEEE! Every single tiny element of this creation is just stunning perfection. The placement of every item and every sparkle is so gorgeous. It is like chocolate for the eyes sis...and like a sparkling rainbow of love for the soul. I love it with all my heart and I know without question Emily will just go crazy for it!!! SQUEEEEEEEEEEE!!! Soooooooo proud of my Sunshine!!!

    *can't stop smiling over the picture of Emily's smile* She feels your love already, sis. I know because I know the power of your incredible heart.

    Um...what is this fan club everyone is buzzing about? Where was my invite? Huh? TEE HEE HEE!

    *makes an extra special wish on the brightest shooting star tonight for precious Emily and our sweetest Karen whose magical love is about to make one little girl the happiest girl on earth*

    I LOVE YOU SUNSHINE!!! *dances with you and Mr. Froggie under his happy umbrella* WHEEE!!!

    *forever froggie squishies*
    ~~~Christina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my GOSH!! This is the CUTEST card EVER!!! Seriously, the cuteness factor is THROUGH THE ROOF!!! *swoons because she is overwhelmed by cuteness*

    Emily is going to adore this! Along with the frog and his googly eyes (which ALWAYS make me giggle), and the gorgeous rainbow (which is SPARKLY!!), you have the fancy-pants card edges (which are making me smile just thinking about them). The whole thing is simply fabulous, just like YOU. :)

    Nita

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love! Have a beautifully blessed day. :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips