To pin my projects to Pinterest, hover over the picture and a Pin-it Button will magically appear.

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Harvest Wreath Card

Happy October, sweet friends! (Anyone know how it's October already?) I hope you're having a wonderful week! Today I'm sharing this Autumn-inspired card on the My Craft Spot blog! :o)

Fall foliage is one of the blessings of the season and I thought it would be fun to create a harvest wreath card with Kimberly's fabulous metal dies. :o) The start of a new month means a new recipient for the treasured I Feel the Love Project, where we deliver love and hope to those in need of extra sunshine.

This month we are making Thanksgiving cards for Atascadero Christian Home, spreading holiday love to the sweet elderly residents in the retirement community. Seniors need to know they're never forgotten. :o)
The beautiful leaves are from the Fall Border metal die set, one of my favorites of the recent release. I only glued down the bottom of the leaves so the rest could curl up a bit. The precious acorns are also from the Fall Border set, to which I added a touch of golden sparkle.
Sporadically tucked around the wreath are apples from the Fall Wheelbarrow set, which I covered in Glamour Dust. Sugared fruit is so pretty in wreaths. :o) The sweet sentiment is from Banner Sentiments- Fall, which I cut out with the Ribbon Banners- Wavy metal dies. I finished off my wreath with a flowing bow of Candied Orange crinkle ribbon, centered with a gorgeous Wild Orchid Crafts rose.

The heart card base is the Heart Border cut file from the Silhouette Online Store. I thought it paired nicely with the heartfelt sentiment. :o) Bo Bunny papers were used for the leaves.

Thank you for fluttering on by and have a blessed day! :o)

Challenges entered:
 *613 Avenue Create~ Anything Goes (Optional: Use a Heart)
 *Cookie Challenge~ Autumn
 *Crafting From the Heart~ Anything Goes
 *Frosted Designs~ Fall
 *Love to Create~ Love of Ribbon
 *Make My Monday~ Dies and/or Punches


16 comments:

  1. Hi Karen, Hope your having a lovely day and your weather is drier than ours although we can't really complain as it's been pretty good for some time and it will hopefully make Autuum and Winter shorter if the good weather does return.............Truly gorgeous is your creation my fabulous colours of the year l love Autumn the leaves are amazing what an beautiful die to produce such gorgeous leaves and the ribbon is perfect for your project as always Karen yours so creative xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL, Karen! What a wonderfully creative idea for a card...am lovin' the lovely fall colors on the leaves, acorns and candied fruit! Will definitely need to add this fall border die to my collection soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Karen- how pretty! love the wreath and the pretty fall festive leaves. I'm just in awe in the way you got it so detailed, it's so picture perfect. Any recipient would love receiving this~

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sweetest friend, how creative you are!! This is absolutely stunning!! I love the beautiful wreath!! The leaves look amazing!! And adding the sugared fruit...fabulous!! The circular heart base was perfect for this - it looks so gorgeous!! You did such a beautiful job with this card - it would look just as pretty hanging on a door!! Love, love it!! I hope you have a wonderful (gasp) first day of October my dear friend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous burst of color Karen!!! I love the shape and the hearts along the edges are so pretty! The brilliant colors are just breath taken with that touch of golden sparkle throughout. Really beautiful my friend!
    Have a wonderful day!
    Hugs,
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning!! Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday, Joan dt

    ReplyDelete
  7. This stunning Karen. The leaves are gorgeous, I love the wonderful Autumnal shades and all your detailing tucked inside looks so beautiful. The heart border frame is the perfect background to display such beauty.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Karen,
    WOW!! That was quick..lol. already working on October's cards.
    I love the Autumn colors and gorgeous leaves! ADORE the heart border card! BEAUTIFUL!! I love that the apples and acorns add a touch of FUN! The ribbon is just GORGEOUS!!!
    The sentiment is PREFECT!
    The recipient will love this!!! I Do!! I always do!!
    Thank you for leaving me so much love on my Cotton Candy Bella post today..I LOVED it so much! As much as I love you!
    Sending you TONS of my love, hugs & smiles
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love this, this is SO cute, wonderful job! The colors are fantastic. Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH WOW! This is just fabulous Karen! LOVE the shape and the fall colors are wonderful! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at 613 Avenue Create! We hope you’ll come join us again real soon! Great job!
    Darlene
    613 Avenue Create DT
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! Such a gorgeous Fall card! Love the shape and the deep rich colors! Thank you for joining our "Love of Ribbon" Challenge at Love to Create this week.
    Ruza ~ LTC Admin/Designer
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is absolutely gorgeous!!! Thanks so much for participating in our IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE... challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely beautiful Karen. Wow! This is amazing. Love the colors and the design. Another blessing for our recipients. Thank you so much :) We just love you and all that you do each month to bless our recipients.
    ~Madison and Cindy oxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love love love!!! Thanks for playing along with Frosted Designs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So lovely. A great Fall piece. Thanks for playing at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such an amazing harvest wreath! I love these colors and the Fall is my favorite time of year! This is sure to put a smile on the recipients face! You are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love! Have a beautifully blessed day. :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips