To pin my projects to Pinterest, hover over the picture and a Pin-it Button will magically appear.

Friday, December 2, 2011

Whimsical Designs Stamp Sneak Peek (Day 2)!

Happy Friday, my sweet friends! :o)

Welcome to the Whimsical Designs Sneak Peek, Day 2! In case you've not yet heard, Stephanie of Whimsical Designs has a new line of stamps coming out! Today all of the Whimsical Designers are sharing sneak peeks of two stamps sets. (Yesterday we gave sneak peeks of the other two!) Tomorrow morning at 7:00am EST is the stamp reveal blog hop! (See note below regarding this time change!) All of the stamp sets will be available for purchase on Stephanie's blog in her new shop. :o)

For my project today, I used Stephanie's stamp set Everyday Sentiments. As I have expressed oodles of times, I love these stamps. They are such a joy to use, which is what crafting is all about. They have already proven to be a source of inspiration to me, including this sweet card:

"May all your wishes come true"
A little closer look at main scene:
Not only was this a blast to create, but it is one of my favorites ever. (I will miss her when I give this away!) I love this sweet digi stamp from The Paper Shelter and was determined to give her a festive and magical backdrop. I used Flower Soft to make a fuzzy carpet for her to rest on as she waits for Santa. I love how Christmas trees look in front of a window, so I decided to make one. I cut out a section of K and Company paper that had this lovely Santa scene and placed my frame atop it. To make it more realistic (and super fun in person), I filled it all in with Glossy Accents and embedded microbeads in the corners to mimic built-up sparkling snow. I also coated the glass of milk with Glossy Accents after coloring the stamp with my Copics.

Given my love for this fuzzy and happy scene, I knew I had to resist adding a million things around it. (It was so hard for me!) I wanted to keep the focus on the center, so I chose two of my favorite Christmas/winter papers and topped it with a layer of wide ribbon. There's a good amount of dimension to this, as I used mounting tape for the center scene and pop-dotted the digi stamp. To complete the card, and fully capture its purpose, I stamped the beautiful sentiment onto a slightly lighter section of the snowflake paper. The tree is filled with Stickles (though the sun somewhat washed it out!), including a super thick layer of gold for the garland. Sparkly, textural, dimensional, and full of Christmas wishes... and so appropriate that it was created to celebrate Stephanie's new journey. :o)

Who wants some blog candy?! All of the designers will be giving away one stamp set for the sneak peek week. I am giving away the incredible With Love set, which I used in yesterday's project. In addition, Stephanie is giving away the entire release to one person. That is a total of 11 prizes! :o)

In order to be eligible for the prizes above, you must leave a comment on all of the designers' blogs on both sneak peek days. This is the adorable header for the set I'm giving away!
Want two extra chances to win? Post about the two-day Sneak Peek and the Stamp Release on:
1. Facebook~ Then return to the Whimsical Designs blog and leave a comment under the sneak peek post, saying that you did.
2. Your Blog~ Then return to the Whimsical Designs blog and leave a comment saying that you did.

Note: Blog Hop Changed to Tomorrow Morning!
In order to give everyone more time to leave comments under the posts for the two-day stamp sneak peeks, the blog hop will start tomorrow, December 3rd, at 7:00am EST. You have until 12:00am EST tonight to leave comments under all of the designers' posts for the sneak peeks from yesterday and today. All of the winners of the stamps will be announced, along with the winner of the entire stamp release, tomorrow morning on the Whimsical Designs Blog.

Be sure to skip on over to the rest of the Designers' blogs to see their marvelous creations using Stephanie's fabulous stamps. :o) Thank you for swinging on by and sparklifying my little blog with your mere presence. Have a beautiful day! :o)

Challenges entered, because it's so fun to share:
 * Crafty Catz~ The colors of Christmas, with the option of Sparkle
 * My Craft Spot~ Christmas through the Window
 * The Paper Shelter~ Anything Goes! 

Key Recipe Components:
 * Sentiment stamp: Whimsical Designs (Everyday Sentiments)
 * Coloring medium: Copics
 * Paper: DCWV, K and Company
 * Flower Soft in Fuchsia

Photobucket

33 comments:

  1. This is so darling Karen. That little girl is so adorable and she looks so peaceful! I love the flower soft. I just ordered some and can't wait to try it out:) Such a fabulous showcase of that sentiment! Hugs:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious card! I just love how you create these window scenes! This card reminds me of being young and waiting for santa! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the window effect, can see him Christmas Eve!
    Carol N<><

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, this is just precious! I love the little girl laying under the tree as she waits for Santa. I love the windows you created and Santa and his reindeer on their merry way:) Awesome card!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com
    jskoning@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my Karen,Your card is GORGEOUS!SUPER job with the sentiment,goes perfectly with your BEAUTIFUL card!I LOVE sweet image!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

    I LOOOOOOVEEEEEE THIS CARDDDDDDDD!!!

    I couldn't wait to flutter over to my Sunshine's blog this morning because I knew that this little gem would be here waiting for me to see. SQUEEE! I couldn't sleep cause I kept thinking about it all night!!! WHEEE!!!

    It is SOOOOO gorgeous my sweetest sis! We SO need a name for this precious little cutie. She is so adorable! Just like YOU! *sits under the tree and waits with her for Santa's grand arrival* Should I wake her up when he comes, sis? *sneaks a taste of the cookies while I'm waiting* TEE HEE! Santa won't mind, right Sunshine? *hides*

    The texture and magical, realistic presentation of this card is just outrageously stunning, Sunshine. From the gorgeous carpet you made to every sparkling detail on that most beautiful tree, it is truly a Christmas dream come true. It makes me feel so warm and fuzzy inside as I remember the cozy, snug feeling of laying under the tree dreaming about all the magic of Christmas morning. You so gorgeously captured the sentiments of every heart, young and old, at this most special time of the year, sis. I am just totally and completely in love with this card!!! AHHHHHHHH!!! *refuses to let you give it away* TEE HEE!

    Um...is it Christmas Eve now? Maybe now? After seeing your card today, I seriously don't think I will be able to wait! What are you giving me anyway? How about some cookies like good ol' Santa is getting? *hint, hint, hint* WHEEEEEEEE!!!

    I LOVE YOU SUNSHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Super Happy Christmassy Squishers for my Super Sparkles!!!
    ~~~Christina :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my oh my! My eyes don't want to leave this post. I could gaze upon this piece of art for a long time. Wonderful creation and I could see why it would be difficult to part with it!
    :O)
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow!!! you did a truly amazing job on this card! how did you make it look like carpet? Your talent really shines through with this card! TFS

    Lisa G
    lkgra@hotmail.com
    http://lisa-scrappingspot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This scene is absolutely adorable Karen! I love all the extra attention you gave to it! It was fun reading about how you created it! Lots of love and effort went into this card and it shows! Beautiful card!

    rebeccadunham at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh!! What a beautiful card. You really did that digi up to a T. The window and even the carpet are amazing. patnbobcuddy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is so sweet and adorable, I really love it, thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh Karen, this is so beautiful! This little image is sooo beautiful and the scene is just magical! So clever with the fuzzy carpet, it's just so inviting. What a Christmas dream! Karen, Thank you so much for your lovely message and I SO appreciate any help with my "new" found love...Digis. You are just too wonderful, I would love to take you up on your offer of the copics. We are going out of town this weekend (just me and my hubby - so EXCITED) so whenever you have a chance email me and we can work it all out:) smedina24@att.net Thank you for being so fabulous and always making me smile!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for joining us at crafy catz with your super work lindyloo x

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow karen this card is so pretty super details!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I so love this card, Sweets! It might be my favorite yet! The dimension is absolutely amazing, especially the shadow and subtle 3Dness that you create. I love the simple touches too, like the jewels in the upper corners and the patterned background paper. There is just so much to love about this beautiful card! Lovely work as always! <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your card. Great details. Thanks for sharing.

    craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks so life-like. Great job! Smooches... Felicia - frankleecrafts [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is just BEAUTIFUL! I love the details!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a precious scene you've created! Love your fuzzy carpet and the sweet image. Perfect sentiment for this fabulous card. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  20. So pretty! Such a great scene!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love visiting your blog...you truly are one of the most creative peeps I've seen! I am in love with this card and who ever gets it will be too! Love the scene outside the window..so cleaver! And that digi is super cute...love your coloring! Love it all my friend...so beautiful!!!
    hugs,
    joni

    ReplyDelete
  22. Super cute scene card.
    Thanks for playing along with us at My Craft Spot.
    Candy
    candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card! The tree looks so pretty with the glitter. I love the fuzzy rug she's laying on too! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh Karen I always leave your blog with a smile ... I truly enjoy reading your amazing blog.. I decided to give a peek to the other designers and wow so much talent... Thanks for all yor inspiration.
    Hugs sandy

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Karen
    A gorgeous card,thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. OMGosh Karen, I can see why you love your card soo much, it's sooo sweet!!! You went to so much detail, it's stunning!!! The way you colored the cute little girl is spot on & the rug is just brilliant!!! The backdrop is perfect, you did a great job girl!!!
    Puppy Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  27. I LOVE this, Karen!! That is the sweetest image of the little girl dreaming of Santa :) I have got to get some of the flower soft - it looks so amazing! I love how you kept the images as the feature in the center of the card and the background paper is so beautiful!! I can see why you will miss this when you give it away - it is spectacular my friend!! :)

    Lisa
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is gorgeous Karen.I love the little girl image and your super snuggly carpet.Your window is fabulous and love the scene you set.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love your stunning card. The TPS image looks wonderful with the back ground and sentiment. Thanks for playing with us over at the Paper Shelter this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  30. So cute! I just love this! It's perfect for the holidays! Thanks for joining us at My Craft Spot!

    Aymee

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful card!! Love that gorgeous Christmas tree! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oooooooh!!! I LOVE THIS!!! Isn't she just the sweetest little girl ever?! Your Copic skills are superb - the whole scene is so full of life. It's truly captivating! And I LOVE how you even made frost on the windows. The whole thing reminds me of Christmas at home. *gush*

    As always, fantastic work, my crafty friend!

    Nita

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love! Have a beautifully blessed day. :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips