To pin my projects to Pinterest, hover over the picture and a Pin-it Button will magically appear.

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Whimsical Designs Stamp Release Blog Hop!

Happy Saturday, my sparkly friends! :o)

Welcome to the Whimsical Designs Stamp Release Blog Hop! You should have arrived here from the fabulous Cindy at Cindy's Scraptastic Designs. If you just happened to stop by or you got lost along the way, start at the beginning at Stephanie's blog. :o)

Since we are celebrating Stephanie's stamp release, I wanted to make something extra special to showcase a few of them. Her fantastic stamps played a huge role in how this project played out. The inspiration for my project idea itself came from my relationship. My sweetheart and I do our favorite things year round. We go to Christmas stores in the summer, make s'mores over candlelight in the winter... and now, we can have a little indoor picnic while snow piles up outside because I made us a sweet winter picnic basket!
Oh my, was this ever a fun adventure! It had some bumps along the way since it was my first time trying this, but this basket is already loved by many. To properly show you all sides, I need to share a few additional pictures. Click for larger views, if you'd like! Just pretend you don't see my mistakes. ;) Ready to be whisked into a sappy winter wonderland?

"You still give me butterflies inside"
One of my favorite sentiments in Stephanie's release, from her With Love set. I heat-embossed it in silver and surrounded it by a whimsical butterfly of sparkly white, icy blue, and a smattering of pearls. The papers and fabric buttons throughout this project are all from The Paper Company Winter Whites collection. They are heavyweight, double-sided, and possess a gorgeous sheen. I added a few snowflakes, a rhinestone path, and trimmed the panel with white pom-pom ribbon to resemble snow. We love snow. :o)

"Everything is better with you by my side"
This could not be more true. Everything is better with my sweetheart by my side... I knew this sentiment, also from the With Love set, was going to make an appearance. I used my Copics to color the adorable Wee Stamps Winter Fairy. Not only because it's precious, but also because the sweet birdie and little girl make me think of us. :o) I used Flower Soft in Fuchsia (yes, I clearly love that stuff) for her earmuff, as it perfectly coordinates with her rosy pink and purple outfit. I covered her wings, snowflake wand, and the snowy ground in Stardust Stickles. I thought it needed a smidgen more sparkle, so I grabbed my iRock and added crystal snowflakes in the sky. As is the case on all sides, I centered some of the snowflakes with pearls or rhinestones. Also, this is one of the better shots of the handle. I used my Martha Stewart Doily Lace punch on both sides to make it a little fancy.

"A little treat for someone so sweet"
How sweet is that sentiment?! It is from Stephanie's Whimsical Fun- Volume 1 set. I heat-embossed a couple snowflakes on either side of it to decorate the yoke of the basket. For the panel, I heat-embossed a Recollections Christmas tree stamp in silver to make it an icy outdoor tree, and then of course added a few rhinestones. I made a snowman to frolic beside the elegant focal point because there's always room for a little whimsy. :o) I gave him garnet rhinestone buttons, a sparkly green scarf, and Peppermint Stick Trendy Twine to make him spiffy. I added a layer of Stardust for the ground above the poms... just because.

You may have noticed the sweet little cupcakes on the two shorter sides. This is a picnic basket after all, ready to be filled with treats of all kinds. I cut out and embossed some cupcakes, topping them with sparkly white 'snowy' frosting. I nestled them in a layer of Stardust. I made the ones on the outsides slightly angled because they're happy dancing. They love this winter picnic idea! ;)

Lastly... a simple scene surrounding my angel of love.
Another Wee Stamps image, this is the Silver Fairy, colored in red because she's bursting with love. Although she's technically a fairy, I always think of her as an angel. I made the flowers in her hair a textural bouquet of Flower Soft (I know, I know... I can't stop! Three times in two days of projects!). I sparklified her wings and placed her atop a coordinated Winter Whites paper. See the white scroll across the Spellbinders Picot Edge Circle and the silver scroll across the base? For this picnic basket, I like to think of those as our memories being journaled. :o) To complete this side, I made a flower out of sheer glitter ribbon and centered it with a snowball. Ha! That tickled me pink for some reason.

Regrettably I do not have interior pictures... but it will soon be stuffed with treats for my sweetheart and I to share. One of those treats just might make an appearance on my blog very soon! The two nearly-square panels are the lids and the big fabric buttons serve as the openers. Ideally you could use something like the recommended Tim Holtz hitch fasteners if you have them. The template for this basket can be found here: Created By Silvie Z Picnic Basket Template. I (mostly) followed the instructions found in a Magnolia Ink magazine from this past summer. :o)

And now, are you ready to see Stephanie's fantastic stamp sets?! I am so excited to share these with you! I absolutely love them. :o)

With Love:
Snow Much Fun:
Whimsical Fun-Volume 1:
Everyday Sentiments:

Aren't they wonderful?! :o) I love the varied fonts, sizes, and the inclusion of sweet little images.

And now, because I'm all wrapped up in this festive atmosphere, I am offering up some BLOG CANDY! One random winner (via random.org) will receive the With Love set of Stephanie's new stamps! I am ecstatic to share these incredible stamps with you! It was difficult to decide which set, but my sappy side won out. ;) To be eligible to win, simply leave me a comment on this post! I do not require that you become a follower, but of course would love it if you do! The more, the sparklier! I will select and announce the winner on Wednesday, December 7th! :o)

There is also a GRAND PRIZE for this hop! :o)

One random winner will receive one Whimsical Designs stamp set of your choice, along with a fabulous prize pack that includes two Stampin' Up ink pads (Black and Chocolate Chip), one Stampin' Up medium sized acrylic stamp block, and one pack of Stampin' Up White Card Stock. In order to be eligible for the grand prize, you must be a follower of the Whimsical Designs blog and leave a comment on all of the Whimsical Designers' blog hop projects. You have until Sunday night at midnight to leave your comments. :o)

For extra chances to win the grand prize:
1. Advertise the Whimsical Designs Stamp Release Blog Hop on Facebook and then go to the Whimsical Designs blog to leave a comment that you did.
2. Blog about the Whimsical Designs Stamp Release Blog Hop and leave a comment at the Whimsical Designs blog saying that you did.
You must include the links to the posts in your comments.

Thank you for playing along with us! Your next stop is the marvelous Star at Star's Paper Passion. Happy whimsical hopping! :o)

**APRIL 13th EDIT**
Linking up in a Favorite Project challenge:
Getting Cricky with K Andrew

Key Recipe Components:
 * Cricut cartridges: Create a Cricut, Gypsy Wanderings, Wall Decor and More
 * Cuttlebug embossing folder: Swiss Dots
 * Spellbinders Nestabilities: Labels Four, Picot Edge Circles
 * Sentiment stamps: Whimsical Designs Stamps (Whimsical Fun- Volume 1; With Love)
 * Digi image stamps: Wee Stamps (Silver Fairy; Winter Fairy); Colored with Copics
 * Christmas tree and the yoke snowflake stamps: Recollections
 * Paper: The Paper Company (Winter Whites Collection)
 * Fabric Buttons: The Paper Company (Winter Whites Collection)
 * Ribbon: American Crafts
 * Handle Border Punch: Martha Stewart Doily Lace
 * Miscellaneous: Flower Soft, iRock, Pearls (Recollections), Stickles


Photobucket

30 comments:

  1. OMG!!! Totally blown away by your stunning Winter Picnic Basket! Its absolutely breath-taking!!!! I love each and every side...totally a work of exquisite art!!! I hope you submit this somewhere...it would be so beautiful in a publication! And I love that you sparklified it up...can you tell I love it!!! Awesome job my friend!!!
    hugs,
    joni

    ReplyDelete
  2. ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL, Karen!!! GORGEOUS overall color and the design, embellishments, images and those wonderful Whimsical Designs stamps couldn't be any more perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, Karen! Your basket is beyond gorgeous! What fabulous images and details and Steph's sentiments you chose are just perfect! LOVE it! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. What can I say but...WOW!! Karen, you just keep pumping out these amazing projects! Your picnic basket is beautiful and just loaded with elegance. I love the adorable fairy, embossed tree, pretty pom pom ribbon, gorgeous butterlfy..etc.
    You did an AMAZING job my friend giving us loads of inspiration this week:)

    Have a great weekend!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sound so happy and romantic. What a wonderful winter picnic basket. Great details and love the stamps and your coloring. I am a new follower. patnbobcuddy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen, I'm speechless! This box is STUNNING! I love the colors, the blue with silver and I ADORE the silver tree. All of the beautiful stamps and images are so elegant as is ALL the extra embellishments you added! That butterfly is AMAZING and so is EVERYTHING about this wonderful project! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen seriously these are all Gorgeous. Love the colors love everything about it.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  8. Know what Sunshine? YOU ARE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SPARKLING AMAZINGGGGGGGGG!!!

    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

    OMJ!!!!!!!!!! It is INCREDIBLEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! My heart is literally beating out of my chest right now! GASPPPPPPPPP! I have been dying to see your creation from every angle, Sunshine. And OMJ! It is ten billion times more gorgeous than I ever dreamed possible!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! *wipes away super happy tears*

    Did you show it to Sbf yet Sunshine?! SQUEEE! I can't even imagine how much his face lit up when he first saw it. I am so crazy excited for him it isn't even funny!!! WHEEEEEE!!! Did you know that he is the luckiest ever to have you in his life, Sunshine?

    Today I am asking God to always let my Sunshine and Sbf's basket be overflowing with all the love and blessings the universe can hold. I love you both with my whole heart and beyond...I couldn't think of a more perfect gift for the two of you than this wintery masterpiece. It sparkles just as brightly as the love you share and the love you so freely give to others...an ideal representation of a beautiful relationship that has been formed in Christ's love. God bless you and Sbf always my sweetest sis!!!

    "The eyes of the Lord are on those who love Him, mighty shielf and strong support...He lifts up the soul and makes the eyes sparkle; He gives health and life and blessing". Sirach 34:19

    ~~~Forever mega squishies...
    Christina :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh wow!! that is beautiful.. Love the colors and all the sparkles, plus the sentiments.. Absolutely Stunning..
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful winter basket! Amazing details!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. ack! Have you seen that sparkly silver Christmas tree?! I want a life size version for myself. Soooo pretty! This entire picnic basket is so full of amazing frosty goodness. I love the paper you chose and the touches of white snow. And of course, our lovely fairy girl. Think you know how I feel about her ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a perfectly happy picnic basket Karen! You are so cute with you sweet sappiness :) I absolutely love this idea! Thanks for sharing this. Love the stamps you used too!

    Now, if you pick my name for your candy, you will have to re-pick because I won the love set on the sneak peeks!! And now I have a cute idea to go with them :)

    rebeccadunham at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my karen this is the prettiest picinc basket ever :) perfect! thanks for the link to the template :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Karen, I'm going to send again. I love the picnic basket do much. A lot of work went into it. I'm trying to guess what's inside. I'm guessing veggies and a dip, sushi and a nice white wine
    Also think about some homemade veggi soup...a lobely to matsh the beautiful basket
    Lobe Annie

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh, such a cute basket,
    Carol N<><

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a fun winter basket! Perfect for some holiday yummies!!

    my-o-scrappin.blogspot.com
    smmyiow@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, Karen! Your picnic basket is unbelievable! I love all the rhinestones and pearls, the silver Christmas tree, and the pom-pom ribbon! Your coloring with the Copics is amazing too! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful!love the paper you used for the basket.love your coloring and dollie.tfs

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Karen what can I say... Well I guess I could say, "what mistakes? This is just so totally amazing, I am just speechless... And I am loving those stamps... Who wouldn't love to have some of this stamps.. AND I love why you created this- so so sweet my friend.... I am so sure your sweetheart is going to love everything about this... God has blessed you with so much talent... Hugs from Ukiah

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow Karen this is stunning. It really is the most wonderful winter wonderland scene I have ever seen! All of your projects have such a realistic feel to them, and I always get swept away in them. Your is fantastic as well. You have showcased my stamps in the most wonderful way. Every detail on the basket is amazing..OMG love how you used the flower soft for the ear muffs...you have me so excited to get mine now:) Great job with your coloring too Karen. LOVE it all! HUGS:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Karen,Your project is AMAZING!All the details are sooo BEAUTIFUL I LOVE them all,Just GORGEOUS my friend!!!FANTASTIC job with Stephanie's stamps :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Karen this is just lovely as everything you create. The stamps look wonderful too. You showcased then beautifully.

    Hugs, Pam at http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow Karen, I don't know what to say...other than this is Amazing!!! Wow oh wow, it's sooo precious, I just love the butterflies & the fairies!!! I'm with you, I love the sentiment as well!!! Your traditions are really cute & now, like you said you'll have another one, though I'm not sure I would want to put food in it, it's just too Beautiful!!!
    Puppy Hugs,
    Wendt

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a beautiful basket. great job! I'm a new follower/
    mbchoj at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my gosh, Karen, this is FABULOUS!! Wow, that is the most gorgeous picnic basket I've ever seen! As usual, your details are simply stunning my friend!! The blue and silver together are so elegant and the snowman and fairy's are the perfect touch! You amaze me every single time I visit you!! :D

    Lisa
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow,this is just gorgeous. I love your indoor winter picnic basket,lovely idea.The colours and your eye for all those precious extra details just go together so well.
    Hugs
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh Karen- you almost made me cry with your sweet post on my blog... God has truly blessed me by your friendship. Thank you so much for thinking of me and I can't tell you how much your prayers are appreciated... Hugs Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh Karen, where do I even begin? This is just so unbelievably wonderful. I love how everything on it, every little detail, represents a part of you and your wonderful boyfriend. Gosh, you guys are so cute. :)

    I think this might be my favorite thing you've ever made. Really. :)

    Hugs,

    Nita

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow. This is amazing. The detail that you have put into this is inspiring. What an amazing project! Thanks for playing along in the Getting Cricky Simply Sunday Challenge

    Heather
    Getting Cricky DTM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love! Have a beautifully blessed day. :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips