To pin my projects to Pinterest, hover over the picture and a Pin-it Button will magically appear.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Happy New Year: Whimsical Wednesday Challenge!

Happy Wednesday, my sweet friends! I hope everyone had a blessed and sparkly Christmas. :o)

This week's Whimsical Wednesday challenge is: Happy New Year! There are two wonderful options: either create a card/project to celebrate the new year OR upload your favorite card/project from this year. :o)

I embraced the option to share my favorite project so I wouldn't have to miss even a moment of precious family holiday time. As much as I love creating, I wanted to be with my loved ones as much as possible. Although this is a fairly recent project, it is my absolute favorite from my 7 or 8 months of Cricut creations and blogging. It makes my heart happy.

My winter picnic basket, created for me and my sweetheart to enjoy a lovely indoor picnic while snowflakes flutter outside:
I won't rehash most of the oodles of sappy notes and project details I shared in my original post, but if you want to re-read it (or didn't see it the first time) you can find it all by clicking HERE. For this recap, I'll simply share the highlights. :o)

"You still give me butterflies inside"
The pearl-accented Wall Decor and More butterfly is carrying the silver-embossed message, stamped from Stephanie's With Love stamp set.

"Everything is better with you by my side" 
One of my very favorite digi stamps, the Wee Stamps Winter Fairy... sharing her sparkly heart with her sweet friend. Another Whimsical Designs~ With Love sentiment makes this perfect. 

"A little treat for someone so sweet"
A touch of snowman-whimsy mixing with the elegant silver-embossed/rhinestone Christmas tree atop the fun snowy pom poms... and of course the dancing cupcakes below. Every winter picnic basket needs cupcakes dancing in the snow! And that sweet sentiment from Stephanie's Whimsical Fun~ Volume 1 is ideal for the yoke of the basket.
Lastly, another Wee Stamps image. She is technically the Silver Fairy, but to me she is always the Angel of Love. And you can never go wrong with a snowball-centered glitter bow made of ribbon. This project was such fun.. I'm thinking I should make another one soon. :o)

Picnic basket template I (mostly) followed: Created by Silvie Z Tutorial

I hope you'll join us this week by linking up your New Years card/project or your favorite 2011 creation to the Whimsical Wednesday challenge post! You can also read up on this week's prize on that post. I truly look forward to seeing what you share for this marvelous challenge. :o)

Be sure to hop on over to the other Whimsical Designers' blogs to see their fantastic projects. Thank you for stopping by today! I wish you all a beautiful day. :o)


** After two days of debating between this and my carousel, I'm adding this to another fabulous "Favorites" challenge! Oh how I've missed participating at CWC.
 * Cooking With Cricut~ Year in Review


Key Recipe Components:
 * Cricut cartridges: Create a Cricut, Gypsy Wanderings, Wall Decor and More
 * Cuttlebug embossing folder: Swiss Dots
 * Spellbinders Nestabilities: Labels Four, Picot Edge Circles
 * Sentiment stamps: Whimsical Designs Stamps (Whimsical Fun- Volume 1; With Love)
 * Digi image stamps: Wee Stamps (Silver Fairy; Winter Fairy); Colored with Copics
 * Christmas tree and the yoke snowflake stamps: Recollections
 * Paper: The Paper Company (Winter Whites Collection)
 * Fabric Buttons: The Paper Company (Winter Whites Collection)
 * Ribbon: American Crafts
 * Handle Border Punch: Martha Stewart Doily Lace
 * Miscellaneous: Flower Soft, iRock, Pearls (Recollections), Stickles
Photobucket

20 comments:

  1. Oh Karen if I had to choose my favorite of all your projects I don't know I would be able to because each one is not only simply amazing but has such a special story behind it . This one was awesome.. God has given you so much talent, and I am so blessed every time I leave your blog . I pray that GOD has an exciting year planned for you - HE didn't promise us a rose garden but I pray you see HIS handprints every day in 2012. Hugs Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is definitely one of my fav's as well.. love the colors and all the details.. glad you wanted to re-share :)
    Hope you and your family have a Happy New Year
    Hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was one of my fav's of your as well. You had so many "wonderful" projects this yr! I can't wait to see more:) Always excited to come visit you. I love your attention to details-your amazing my friend and always inspired by your fantastic work!
    Hope you have a Happy New Year! Look forward to more crafting in 2012!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Karen, you know how much I loved this box! All the wonderful details and sparkles. Happy anew Years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup.....it's still stunning! I gasped when I first saw it. You did an outstanding job on this, Karen. Just so lovely to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen,Just BEAUTIFUL!This was one of my favorite of your as well.Your projects are always AMAZING my sweet friend!Hope you have a Happy New Year:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. *adjusts your post so it shows every single gorgeous project and card you made this year because they are ALL my favourites* TEE HEE HEE!

    HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU TOO SUNSHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Guess what?! I am going to stuff your beautiful wintery picnic basket with oodles of noise makers and goodies so we can welcome in the new year with the biggest sparkling par-tay ever, what do you say sis? YAY!!!!!!! What flav cookies do you want? *giggles*

    As I reflect back on this year, my heart swells with joy thinking about all the blessings God has given. And for me, the most incredible blessing was getting to share in every single moment of it with my Sunshine. I am so proud of you sis. You have shone through so much. You are my forever sparkling hero. *glows just thinking about how much your blog has blossomed more and more every single day since its grand debute this year*

    I love you with my entire heart, Sunshine. Thank you for making all our years sparkle brighter than ever with your selfless love.

    *squishers you something silly* Soooooo can't wait for 2012!!! What is the first project of the new year going to be sis? Can I have the first hint? TEE HEE HEE!

    I LOVE YOUUUUUUUUU!!!
    ~~~Christina :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen, this is just as gorgeous as it was the first time! Maybe even more so! Could that possibly be? It's gotten much colder here in New York so maybe the weather has something to do with it. :)
    I have to tell you, when I first saw your basket, I thought it was covered in FABRIC! The texture is fabulous. I'm infatuated with the Winter Fairy...what a lovely image! Wonderful, wonderful project!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm back! Forgot to wish you a very happy New Year! Hoping your mom is recovering well and may the new year bring grant her nothing but good things!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is a favorite of yours for me too karen . gorgeous job :) have fun with the rest of your holiday time with family and have a safe happy new years! hugs shelly

    ReplyDelete
  11. How I loved seeing this basket once again. Every detail on it is prettier than the next! It really is magical Karen. You did such a fabulous job pairing up the images with my sentiments. I love how you are showcasing them. While designing them I had visions, and you are capturing them all. I am going to try to make one of these for the spring. I know how much you loved making this (even though it was tons of work) you should do the same!! Maybe one for each season. I think that would be super fun. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would have such a challenging time picking out my favorite project of yours, because each one you create is a masterpiece my friend!
    This sweet picnic basket is precious and I hope you and your sweetie enjoyed its contents together! All of your touches and details make it a work of art! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. You know this is one of my favorites from you too. Love it SOOOO much! Thanks for linking it up at CWC this week. :)

    Happy New Year!

    Nita

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fantastic project!! So many great things, but those stamps are perfection! Thanks for sharing your favorite project of 2011 with us at Cooking with Cricut.
    Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't think I can pick a favorite project of yours...each and every one is so spectacular!! I see one and think that is it until you post your next one and then that is my fave! Then you show us one from a while back and I think, that has to be my favorite!! Sigh, I just LOVE them all! And this one is no exception!! I loved it then, I love it now...simply stunning my sweet friend!!

    I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and that your 2012 is filled with much love, happiness and craftiness!! I also hope your Mom is feeling much, much better, Karen. I am keeping her and you in my prayers!!

    Happy New Year hugs, Lisa :)
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is stunning work! Really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. *sneakers into my Sunshine's sparkling blog to huggler her silly tonight just because I can*
    SQUEEEEE!!!

    Happy New Year's Sis!!!

    May God bless my sweetest Sunshine's blog with endless happiness and friendships and smiles in 2012 and forever. I know I speak for all the wonderful crafting friends here when I say how much of a blessing our sweetest Karen is in all of our lives. We are all so very lucky to be a part of your crafting journey, sis. Thank you for loving us all as you do and for giving your whole entire heart to us every single week through your kindness and most incredible gift.

    I love you Sunshine!!! So super dooper much!!!

    *super sized 2012 squishies from your number one fan forever and always*
    ~~~Christina :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful! This is an amazing "basket" Karen!Thanks for linking up your favorite 2011 project at Cooking With Cricut this week.

    ~ Jen, CWC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is amazing!! I didn't see it the first time around, so I'm glad you posted it as your fave! It is gorgeous! The images are great, the box is so pretty, and the sentiments are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love! Have a beautifully blessed day. :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips