This is for my mom who hasn't yet completely bounced back from her heart attack in December. She is making progress physically (thank the Lord), but emotionally she is struggling a bit. She loves pearls, birds/nature, flowy ribbon, and any distressed or vintage type of look, so I combined some of her favorite things for this tiny gesture.
"Thinking of you"
I used corresponding papers from the First Edition Love Letters collection throughout the card, which paired nicely with Papertrey Ink Autumn Rose cardstock. The sweet bird is from my new favorite cartridge Art Philosophy, as is the little branch and the decorate filigree-heart layer. I wanted the branch to be flowering, so after embossing it with the Victoria folder, I added a few Wild Orchid Crafts roses. I've been anxious to use this birdie, but wish I'd had the black pearls I keep forgetting to buy. I used a regular pearl for his eye instead. He's nestled in a tiny flower cluster and gorgeous Vanilla Bean crinkle ribbon from My Craft Spot.
The pretty birdcage stamp is from the Tim Holtz Artful Flight collection, which I stamped with Victorian Velvet Distress Ink. I added a little Guipure lace and dotted the top and bottom with pearls. It's hanging from a tiny flower cluster and a string of pearls which slightly graduate in size because that's how my mom would love it. The sentiment is from the Whimsical Designs~ Everyday Sentiments stamp set, which I used on an Art Philosophy tag. The patterned paper is the same as the pretty paper beneath the filigree layer.
I stitched around two of the layers, inked the stamp layer with Victorian Velvet, and inked the other layers with a combination of Tea Dye and Walnut Stain. To finish it off I centered each little flower burst on the decorate layer with a pearl, which my mom cannot get enough of. I hope this card makes her smile. :o)
* Crafty Catz~ Mother's Day or a Special Lady
* Divas by Design~ Favorite Things (Art Philosophy cart, pearls, ribbon, Wild Orchid Crafts)
* My Craft Spot~ For the Birds
* Simon Says Stamp~ Mother's Day/Special Girl
Thank you for visiting me today! I wish you all a blessed and beautiful weekend. :o)
Key Recipe Components:
* Cricut cartridge: Art Philosophy
* Cuttlebug embossing folder: Victoria
* Papers: First Edition Love Letters, Papertrey Ink Autumn Rose and Vintage Cream
* Image stamp: Tim Holtz Artful Flight
* Sentiment stamp: Whimsical Designs~ Everyday Sentiments
* Ribbon: My Craft Spot Vanilla Bean
* Flowers and Guipure Lace: Wild Orchid Crafts
* Pearls: Recollections (smallest sizes), Queen & Company (birdcage holder and corner details)
* Inks: Tim Holtz Tea Dye, Victorian Velvet, Walnut Stain
* Miscellaneous: Stickles