Last week I posted a little garden card for Trinitie, who is this month's recipient of the I Feel the Love Project, hosted by the sweet Madison of Funky Cards. As stated in that post, I already had an additional card in mind for beautiful Trinitie who was recently diagnosed with a brain tumor. I had planned on Create a Critter fun, but instead decided to make her a sparkling castle surrounded by butterflies. :o)
"Fluttering by to say hi" (sorry for the dark picture)
I couldn't give Trinitie a sparkly castle without a sparkly princess, so without any type of Disney cartridge I turned to my Copics. The digi stamp is from The Paper Shelter, titled Spring Princess. I colored her in rosy pinks and coated the fluttery sleeves and skirt with Star Dust to be like a shimmery overlay. Her flower headpiece is also Star Dusted and I put a layer of atyou Spica glitter on her eyelids for sparkly eyeshadow. I probably would have given her a necklace if I wasn't already frustrated with the troubles from those 29 rhinestones on the castle. ;) You don't want to know how ridiculously long those took me to get "just right."
The exquisite Magnolia background paper is one of my all-time favorites, titled Mini Butterfly Dreams. I bought it last week (in four colors!) and was wondering if I'd ever be able to get myself to use it... what will I do when it's gone?! But I had a feeling Trinitie would love a sky of butterflies, so I used it as the backdrop. :o) I pray she smiles as much as I do when I see them. I punched out a few white sparkling butterflies with Core Couture cardstock and sprinkled them throughout for a touch of dimension. One landed on the Princess' dress, which I can clearly imagine happening with lovely Trinitie. She has such a radiant heart.
Lastly, I used pretty green patterned paper from the Kaisercraft~ English Rose collection for her landscaping so she could be nestled in nature. I added two Sweetheart Blossoms from Wild Orchid Crafts because Trinitie is such a sweetheart. :o) The sentiment is from the Whimsical Fun~ Volume 1 stamp set from Whimsical Designs. The pink base isn't merely an Elegant Edges scallop base... it's to reflect my favorite sunset. Wispy blue skies with puffy pink clouds, which I call cotton candy sunsets. :o) It seemed ideal for a card of this nature. I hope she loves it.
And the lovely Trinitie, who has inspired me so much in the last couple of weeks.
* A Gem of a Challenge~ Perfect Pastels
* Flutterby Wednesday~ Spring Time
* Paper Sundaes~ Feminine Flair* Sentimental Sundays~ Go Green or Recycle
* Sweet Stamps~ Think Spring
* The Paper Shelter~ Anything Goes
Thank you for fluttering on by today! There is still plenty of time to make a card for Trinitie. The information can be found HERE. She needs tons of love right now. I hope you all have a blessed and sunshiny day. :o)
Key Recipe Components:
* Cricut cartrdiges: Create a Critter (grass), Elegant Edges, Wall Decor and More
* Paper: DCWV, Echo Park, Kaisercraft, Magnolia, Papertrey Ink
* Sentiment: Whimsical Designs~ Whimsical Fun, Volume 1
* Image stamp: The Paper Shelter~ Spring Princess
* Copics: E25, E29, E33 (hair); E00, E000 (skin); R81, R83, R85 (dress and larger flower); Y15, Y11 (smaller flower); BG11 (headband); atyou Spica glitter in clear for eyeshadow
* Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts (Sweetheart Blossoms)
* Butterfly punch: Fiskars
* Miscellaneous: Glitter (Martha Stewart), Glossy Accents, iRock, Stickles