To pin my projects to Pinterest, hover over the picture and a Pin-it Button will magically appear.

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

A Piece of My Heart: Whispers of Rest

Hello, treasured friends! I hope you're having a beautiful week. ♥︎ As you know, my crafting schedule has been scaled back to allow healing. This unexpected season of rest aligned with Bonnie Gray's new book Whispers of Rest, which releases TODAY! ♥︎
(Yes, my coffee was long gone upon remembering to take a photo!)

I am thrilled to be a part of Bonnie's launch team, which came with the blessing of an advanced copy of her book. I have long-adored her gentle heart, which brightly sparkles throughout her writing. If anyone could convince me to rest, it would be her. ;) Like so many, I was living at a hectic pace and my joy was diminishing. Chronic pain was not helping matters. I was beginning to hide my heart.
Whispers of Rest engages far deeper than the title implies. I learned and received the value of resting in God, but even more it brought me to a closer relationship with the One I dearly love. The One who beckons us to come to Him and live through Him. She invites us to set our hearts free by the gentle touch of Jesus. Bonnie reminds us that God has placed a beautiful, natural light in us that cannot be destroyed.... His perfect love. I am determined to let go of fear and cling to Jesus instead. ♥︎

This book is a treasure trove of encouragement that deepens our faith. One of my favorite morsels is tucked within Day 7:

"Jesus didn't shut down his heart. He opened his heart to love and brokenness, so that he could one day make your heart his home."

During this Whispers of Rest journey, I unexpectedly was emboldened. Instead of shutting down my heart that felt it could take no more despair, I am once again seeking out shattered hearts that need hope. Instead of feeling irreparably broken, I'm refueled with God's love and light.. along with an urgency to shine it into lives overcome with darkness. ♥︎

Bonnie's heart is beautiful and she has a passion for resting in quiet love. I am grateful for her vulnerability as she steps out again to encourage us to care for our souls. You can learn more about her and Whispers of Rest on her blog.

Thank you for fluttering on by and I wish you a blessed day! 🌷

9 comments:

  1. Hi, Karen. What a lovely cover for this beautiful book reminding us to "Enter into His Blessed and Dear Rest". I sometimes wonder if we have forgotten what that True Holy Sabbath is -- the blessing of His Own Dear Heart. So grateful you have the opportunity of entering into this loveliness at this time, and that your physical pain soon abates enough to re-energize you. I feel sometimes that we stretch ourselves a bit much, thinking we can do more than what we are able - I know I, unconsciously, compare myself to others because I used to be so capable and "productive" and energetic. But Our Dear One knows us deeply, and wishes that we would stop pushing in areas we need to take a break from, or we need to divert ourselves from. Many prayers of enjoyment to you, my sweet friend, as you journey into this Deep, Abiding, Loving, Merciful Rest. I don't usually share these types of sentiments, and ask for forgiveness if I've said too much. One of my joys is passively enjoying the blessedness and peace of this "cessation" of busy-ness - but reminders always show up when I have left that path too much, whether in the way of friends, or gentle proddings, or a number of other Creative Ways Love reaches out to me... xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sweetest friend, I am so glad this book has brought you peace and joy and a deeper connection with our Lord!! How amazing it is when we finally let go of fears and worry and allow Him to guide us!! I hope and pray that you feel His everlasting love with you every moment of the day!! Your light truly shines to all of us lucky to call you a dear friend!! I hope you have a happy, peaceful Tuesday!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you, Karen, I do hope your healing comes to you and that you feel peace from our dear Lord! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers! It sounds like a wonderful book and thank you for bringing it to my attention for I just ordered it. I can't wait to read it and pass it on to others in my church! May God be with you and give your courage and strength! Take good care, my friend, hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen. I am so glad you shared this book today. It couldn't have come at a better time in my life for I feel I need this guidance. I can't wait to get a copy. Thanks so much for sharing. Hope you heal well and find peace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Dear Friend! I'm so happy this book has brought you some peace & Joy! I think we forget about the little things in life that matter the most.... I hope you are healing well & will son be ready to share the amazing Love & Joy we all Cherish from you! Big HUGS!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you speedy recovery and light heart my dear friend!
    Take care.
    My heart goes out to you.
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Karen,
    I hope that you are feeling better and I am very happy to hear that this book has brought you some peace & joy.We always need to rest and only the lord can give us that.
    Sending you tons of my love, hugs & prayers..
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  8. Prayers for a speedy recovery my friend! Please take care!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful post, filled with what is in YOU! You are a great friend to help get the word about about Bonnie's new book, and I'm inspired to get my own copy. I believe our pastor (who is a woman) mentioned this book in a sermon not too long ago, when we were going over this very same topic. It is my prayer that He will take away not only your pain, but give you strength to give all of your worries and fears to Him, so you may be at peace.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love! Have a beautifully blessed day. :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips