To pin my projects to Pinterest, hover over the picture and a Pin-it Button will magically appear.

Monday, November 10, 2014

Christmas Candy Fairy

Hello, sweet friends! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. :o)

Today I'm sharing my newest contribution for this month's I Feel the Love Project recipients. We are creating cards for kiddos (and their parents) who will be spending Christmas at a children's hospital in Chattanooga, Tennessee. It is a privilege to spread some heavenly love to their battling hearts!

(My apologies for the ultra-sparklified and fluffified image... only because I had trouble photographing it properly! Hehe.)
When I saw this darling Christmas Candy Fairy stamp from The Paper Shelter, I had to color it up for one of the precious children. She's irresistibly sweet! I added Glamour Dust to her wings, holly berries, and candy. The trim of her outfit and slippers are covered in Polar White Flower Soft. Fuzzy slippers were a must. :o) The joyous sentiment is from My Craft Spot's Merry & Bright set, one of my favorites. :o) It is stamped upon one of the gorgeous dies from Marianne Design's Petra's Heart collection in Lady Bug Red and Cottage Ivy Memento inks.
The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts, beneath which I nestled sparklified Memory Box and Cheery Lynn Designs snowflakes. I wanted this card to bubble up with all the love I have for this brave child, so I topped it with La-La Land Craft's Heart Doily Border. For textural fun I added a layer of Scarlet Red crinkle ribbon and twine, upon which I added fuzzy jingly bells.

The snowflake paper is from BoBunny, while the rest are from Graphic 45's Nutcracker Sweet collection. For one final layer of love, I used my Martha Stewart Lace Heart Edge punch. Some things went a little willy nilly with this card, but thankfully what truly matters is that my and God's love will soon envelop the beautiful heart for which it was made. :o)

(Okay, so perhaps I could have used a touch less Glamour Dust...)
Thank you for fluttering on by! Have a sweet and sparkly day. :o)

Challenges entered:
 *Card Mania~ Dies
 *Christmas Card Challenges~ Anything Goes (Optional: Faith-based)
 *Creative Card Crew~ Christmas Joy!
 *Moving Along with the Times~ Sparkle and/or Shine
 *Pile It On~ Special Occasion 
 *Sparkles Christmas~ Christmas Candy

23 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous, really pretty and cute. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Creative Card Crew.
    Hugs
    Cathy DT Member
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Karen, this is FANTABULOUS!! There are just so many wonderful details that I love here, and they are all perfectly placed! That heart doily on the top is just stunning and I love how you popped up your wonderful image on foam dots to give it extra dimension! The heart border and sentiment tag and such perfect touches! This is just incredible my talented and crafty friend! big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a darling card with very sweet image! Lots of "pretties" on this card with flowers, bells, twine, and glitter! Wonderful paper and love all the hearts, too! One lucky person will be so pleased with this gorgeous creation, Karen! Have a great week!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card, Karen. Fabulous colours, image coloured wow!!! Gorgeous papers and floral embellishments. Beautiful creation. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful Karen. I adore the sweet image, gorgeous festive colours and all your detailing is stunning. I especially love the heart doily border and all your special sparkle.
    I hope you are feeling better now my kind and creative friend.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Wow!! this is gorgeous Karen!! the card just oozes Love and Christmas Joy! the gorgeous heart dies are beautiful and such an adorable image…. love all the sparkles too… the recipient is going to love this card very much! :-)
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT and good luck in the challenge!
    Big hugs
    Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. My sweetest friend, this is absolutely gorgeous!! I think you used the perfect amount of Glamour Dust!! The image is so shiny and beautiful!! She just pops of the page in all of her sparkly glory!! The flowers are absolutely fabulous and I love the dies you used...especially the heart doily along the top!! This is so sweet and beautiful and it will bring such Christmas joy to the recipient - (perfect sentiment, by the way!!). As always, the love you put into this shines through!! Love, love this!! HB2U my dear friend!! Hugest hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh Karen ......WOW what a beautiful and adorable image she is just so cute! lovely spakle and beautiful papers and flowers too!! as always your projects are so creative truly are xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen this is beautiful. It's amazing how you can create cards that look so stunning and yet so sweet at the same. They are elegant yet whimsical. Such a true talent! We love this and you! Hope you had a fabulous birthday.
    ~Madison and Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for entering our Christmas Card Challenge this week!
    Monica - CCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omg, your Christmas Candy fairy is so stinken adorable! The papers are so gorgeous and the details over the top as always! The flowers add such a beautiful touch and love, love all the sparkle! Incredible card my friend!
    Hugs,
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card. Love the sparkly-ness of it. Christmas is full of glitter and sparkle, so your card is perfect. Thank you for joining us this week at Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my word Karen! This is gorgeous! The fairy is so cute and the papers are pretty! I always love how you add the flowers to your projects! It's just so sparkly & pretty! LOVE it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card, so much to look at. Thanks for joining in with our Christmas Creation with ribbon challenge at Crafty Ribbons this time.
    hugs
    Dawn CR DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful card scene; I'm glad I'm not competing. your work is awesome! Thank you so much for playing with us at Creative Card Crew.
    Hugs,
    Linda W. DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. wonderful card! Fab colours and really suitable for the challenge title! Thank you for joining us at Creative Card Crew christmas joy challenge! Irene DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Karen, I cannot stop smiling over the fuzzy slippers..LOL! Oh gosh, I think they might just fit me :)
    The holiday paper is GORGEOUS!! I love the candy cane portion!! The bow is just GORGEOUS! The image is so SWEET!! I adore the pretty flowers and super fun fuzzy jingly bells..SUPER fun!
    The Christmas scene is BEAUTIFUL and STUNNING!! As always!!
    Sending you TONS of my love, hugs & smiles and extra hugs with birthday wishes!!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a very creative and lovely creation for our 'special occassion' challenge at Pile It On. Thank you for playing with us and don't forget to check on Wednesday who is the lucky winner.
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh this is just the cutest card ever what a lovely image and just is perfect for our challenge over at “ Sparkles Christmas Challenge Christmas Candy “ good luck and hope to see you again next time Dt Member Sandra H xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful card, Karen!! The different colored bells are so cute and all of the flowers are gorgeous! The candy cane background paper goes so perfect with that cute image! Your coloring looks amazing and I really like how you stamped the sentiment! This card will brighten the day of whoever receives it! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the festive colors on your card Karen...this is exactly how a Christmas card should be!!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh I love this sparklified and fluffified gorgeous card! I needed some sparkle in my day so I knew I had to find the time to come and visit your blog. You never disappoint! I am always awestruck at your creations. This is so beautiful Karen :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is just gorgeous! A really cute card and I love all the details you've added.

    Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Christmas Challenge.

    Helen N x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love! Have a beautifully blessed day. :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips