To pin my projects to Pinterest, hover over the picture and a Pin-it Button will magically appear.

Monday, July 28, 2014

Getting to Know Me: A Blog Hop with a Difference

This is my first of two posts today! 
For the My Craft Spot post, please scroll up.

Happy Monday, sweet friends! I'll be back later this morning with a new project, but first I have a special post! What a joy to participate in a different type of blog hop: one in which we share a little bit about our work and creative process as we get to know each other better. :o)

I am honored to have been tagged by my sweetest friend Lisa of A Mermaid's Crafts. You can learn more about her (and be inspired beyond compare) by reading her blog hop post HERE. She is even lovelier than her work, which is saying a lot. :o) Lisa is a cornerstone in my life. Our friendship is a rare treasure... the kind you cling to for dear life. She is the one I turn to with the happiest of news to share, as well as the scariest. Much is made of 'moments,' but what sticks with me is the opposite. The transition from fellow crafting blogger to cherished friend was so seamless that I have no idea when it happened. Her love and joy for crafting are infectious. I am forever thankful that we were brought together through a love of pretty papers.

In many ways, my paper crafting journey began as a distraction. I was heartbroken and empty, as my ultimate passion of dance was slipping away. Injuries were mounting and pain was chronic. Creativity has always been a part of my life, so while sidelined I searched for a new outlet.
I happened upon an online group of paper crafters and my curiosity was piqued! I quickly became enamored with the patterned papers, flowy ribbon, and endless embellishments. I fumbled my way through the beginning, using a black Crayola marker through alphabet stencils for sentiments. (Make it work!)
Kaleidoscopic Sparkles sparkled to life in May of 2011 so I could play along in National Scrapbooking Day fun. I had just received my first die-cutting machine and was exploring the new design options that had opened up to me! Several months into this new creative journey, I found the true purpose for my work: the I Feel the Love Project. We create for those in need of love and hope. I still wasn't dancing, but my artistic passions were weaving together to form an intricate choreography of love.
Why a blog name that gives no indication of paper crafting? When asked, I refer back to what I wrote as I began this new journey. Every craft (dance, card-making, baking, photography) is its own beautiful sparkle. But together they portray every joyous beat of my heart in a bouquet of kaleidoscopic color... like shimmery sunbeams engaged in a ballet upon a sunset-clothed ocean. The pattern changes and the emphasis shifts, but that's what makes it lovely. The dance is only known by One, and I continue to learn it a tiny bit at a time as I seek, explore, and create.
What am I working on right now?
I am preparing for some upcoming My Craft Spot fun and sweet creations for this month's I Feel the Love recipients. :o) I am also working on finding creative balance to enliven dormant parts of my crafty heart.
Why do I create what I do?
I create because it brings hope, love, and joy to the charity's recipients. It shows them that they never fight alone. There is no greater feeling than using a passion for a heavenly purpose.
How does your creative process work?
It begins with a prayer. I pray for God to guide my heart and hands... for our love to flow through every inch of what we're about to create. This is vital, since most of my work goes to people I will never know. But God knows the precious hands who will hold each project... I let Him show me what will bring a smile to their battling hearts.
What is my Signature Style?
I do not have one! I just create from the heart, driven by a need to love. :o)
How does my work differ from others of its genre?
It doesn't. We all inspire each other... differences do not matter.
Some of my work inspired by loved ones:
Some of my work inspired by those caring for children with cancer:
Some of my work inspired by children fighting for their sweet lives:
I have tagged two friends who will share their posts with you on Monday, August 4th. I am so thankful not only for them, but for every friend I've made. You all are beautiful people and I count myself blessed to know you! :o) Please visit them, as you will be continually inspired. They tap into different styles and genres, so you never know what will be waiting for you when they post. :o)

Kate's heart is one of the most beautiful on Earth! (I'm not even exaggerating.) Regardless of how hectic her life is, she is never too busy to help a friend. Love shines through everything she does, as it bubbles up out of her every moment. :o) She cherishes her family, which is one of my favorite things about her. Her faith is her strength and I am grateful to be walking the narrow path with her! It's simply an added bonus that her talent is also a joy to behold. :o)

Shelly of My Paper Love
When I first encountered Shelly, it was like getting a new magazine of inspiration... and years later, it still hasn't ended. Her work is filled with such sweetness and beauty, whimsy and charm. It's invaluable to have crafty stops that light up the heart and she has long been one of mine. :o) Not only is she talented, but she is also a sweetheart! If I had to describe her work in a single word, I would say joyous. She is a blessing and I am grateful to know her. :o)
You deserve a sparkly gold star for sticking with me this long! :o) I hope you will visit Lisa, Kate, and Shelly... you will be happy you did! Thank you again for tagging me, Sweet Lisa! :o)

10 comments:

  1. Hello Karen.
    I have enjoyed reading about you and I feel so blessed to have you as one of my blogging friends.
    You are truly inspiring, not only in your creations but for your love and compassion to others. Thank you.
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading this post and enjoying the samples of you and your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sweetest friend, first of all, thank you, so, so much for the kind words!! They touched my heart :) You know I feel the same way. Gosh, I don't know if I've said it lately, but I am so, so thankful to have you in my life. Your friendship is a gift from God :)

    What a beautiful post!! I loved reading all about your creative process!! God works in mysterious ways, doesn't He? You couldn't bring joy to people's life through dance because of injury, so now you bring it through a different form of art. The lives you touch though your generosity in sending projects to people when they need it most is the work of an angel on earth. That's what you are. And I so loved looking again at your stunning creations!! They make me so happy!! The details, the heart, the talent you put into each one is spectacular!! You are an artist and an angel and I'm so happy to know you!! Biggest, hugest hugs my dearest friend!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful post, Karen! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a wonderful post and also posted from your heart. You are so forthcoming and generous with your time and talent. Thank you for sharing a little about yourself. Hugs, Karon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen, this post is so BEAUTIFUL! Your words are just ..how do I say it...it just fills anyone's heart with this overwhelming joy and love and happiness. Its just an AMAZING feeling! Your creativity is AMAZING and UNIQUE! Every creation is stunning and so BEAUTIFUL!!! It is truly a blessing to know you and have always appreciated what you do for the "IFTL" project! How could I not be , that is how we met..... I agree with what Lisa says, God works in mysterious ways....he put in a place where you were needed the most...with kids (IFTL). Its not just your projects but your words ALWAYS stay in my heart and mind. You are TRULY an angel and it is a blessing to know you....
    Sending you TONS of my love, hugs & smiles and extra LOVE
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well that was just beautiful! I read it all the way to the end! Your writing is just as amazing as your projects! So happy We're blogging friends! :o)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen, you are amazing my friend!! I am beyond honored to have you even mention my name...just so honored! Your post is wonderful and had me captivated from beginning to end! Your work has been an inspiration to me and just a "Wow" every time I see it!! You are such a blessing and make this crafty world such a joy! Thank you so very much for this fun post and acknowledging me :)
    Bigs hugs to you my sweet friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an absolute JOY to read through your post and learn more about you. I am so sorry that you are no longer able to dance the way your heart longs to dance - but please know that YOU make the hearts of others dance with your sparkly spirit and kind and loving generosity to those in need of a special melody in their lives.

    You know I'm a mega fan of YOU and your incredible creations. You never cease to amaze me with your clean lines and intricate details which exude both talent and love.

    And thank you so very, very much for the kind words you wrote about me. You've touched my spirit (again) and made me smile inside and out. Thank you, dear friend. xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful post! It is no wonder how I was drawn to your blog from my first visit! You are a sister of the arts! I'm so happy that you were able to find another outlet away from your dance. Personally I can somewhat relate being a musician. I teach voice but no longer perform like I used to and I have found great joy in crafting. You are one of the first blogs that I found such amazingly, beautiful, and inspiring, creations. I was so touched when you visited, commened and followed my tiny and simple blog. Thank you for being you and sharing your artistic ability through paper crafting. I am so happy and grateful to have you as a blog friend :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love! Have a beautifully blessed day. :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips