To pin my projects to Pinterest, hover over the picture and a Pin-it Button will magically appear.

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Love Notes Pocket Card: Valentine for my Sweetheart!

Happy Saturday, my sweet friends! I hope everyone is having a blessed weekend! :o)

I have a fun little pocket card to share with you today! For my sweetheart's Valentine, I wanted to make something that mixed cuteness with the base of our love, and also wanted it to be interactive in some way. Not only was this fun to create, but I used something for the very first time: Tiny Tags 2 stamps and the matching metal dies from My Craft Spot! I've had my eye on them for quite some time, so I am thrilled to own them. They're fabulous. :o)

You & Me:
An angled view to show the pretty red metallic foil paper of the love notes and tiny tag base:
Want to see those hearts that are nestled within the pocket? You'll see in a moment! ;)

The sweet owlsmusical score sheet, and heart notes (here and here) are cut files from the Silhouette Online Store. The musical score is accented with tiny red rhinestones on each end. My heart-filled owl's pretty paper is from Doodlebug's Lovebirds paper pad and I couldn't resist giving her sparkly eyelashes. This IS a celebration of sparkling love, after all! ;) These owls tugged at my heartstrings the moment I saw them, knowing they'd be perfect for my sweetheart's card.

The heart paper is Recollections, the red foil paper is Martha Stewart, and the top filigree/scroll paper is from Echo Park. As previously stated, the sentiment is from My Craft Spot, as well as the Peppermint Stick Trendy Twine. I had the most ridiculous fun using these tiny tags! They're just so sweet... like mini cupcakes! :o)

Now for the most important part of this Valentine... the love notes. I am truly blessed, as my sweetheart is loving, genuine, and selfless. (And oodles of other beautiful adjectives.) What I most love is that I'm not the most important thing in his life. We strive to make sure we're always second to each other... first is always our dear Lord. 

So for Valentine's, I wanted to celebrate our wonderful relationship with lovey dovey owls and heart-shaped music notes... but also celebrate the greatest example of love, which is the standard we use in how we treat one another. It's the base of who we are individually and collectively, and certainly the base of our love. :o) God's love is what strengthens us and empowers us, building us up to keep living a life of love in this world that has so much darkness.

Love notes:
The Scriptures are from K Andrew Designs Scripture Sayings, which I stamped upon Spellbinders Nested Hearts. I embossed the hearts, lightly inked those areas with Barn Door distress ink, and added a smattering of rhinestones. I'm happy to say he loved his card. :o)

Challenges entered:
 *Card Crafter's Circle~ Paint the Town Red
 *Celebrate the Occasion~ Anything Goes Valentine
 *Craft Your Passion~ My Valentine
 *DL.Art Thankful Thursday~ Linky Party
 *Little Scrap Pieces Fun Friday~ Valentine's or Heart
 *Make It Monday~ Anything Goes
 *Moving Along With the Times~ Love is in the Air
 *My Craft Spot~ For Your Sweetheart
 *Papertake Weekly~ Hearts or Flowers
 *Pause, Dream, Enjoy~ Mainly Red

Thank you for fluttering on by! I wish you a day that sparkles with love. :o)

29 comments:

  1. WOW! Karen your card is so special. I LOVE those cute owls sooooo much. All of your details are wonderful, the heart shaped musical notes are fabulous, the perfect choice of papers and the love notes are beautiful.
    I am not surprised that your sweetheart was thrilled to receive this and I am sure he could see the love that you put into making it.
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend
    hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just awesome!! Loving all your details!! Those owls are just the cutest and wowzer on the music notes! Great design! This is one of my favs! Thanks for joining us over at Little Scrap Pieces! DT Member Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, my sweetest friend, this is STUNNING!! I don't even know where to start!! My jaw literally dropped when I saw this!! Every single detail is spectacular!! The owls are so sweet...I love how you added the gems to the girl owl :) Those music notes are gor-geous!! And the pocket full of hearts is so fabulous!! I bet your Sweetie just adored this!! It is amazing and creative and so inspiring!! I hope you are having a wonderful, crafty weekend my dear friend!! Thanks so much for playing along at LSP!! Huge HUGS :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not surprised one bit that he loved his Valentine. This is stunning and once again filled with the love that you obviously feel. Love those owls and the musical notes are so wonderful. Beautiful through and through and I adore those fabulous love notes:-) Have a wonderful evening. Hugs, Karon. (Thanks for always leaving such lovely comments on my blog:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so used to with your sweet Saturday's, LOL!
    But hey Karen this card is just as beautiful, I'm a fan of owls and what a gorgeous take on all those details on your masterpiece card.... So so pretty, from the image to the hearts, musical notes, tag, papers the whole entire card...
    Love love it!
    Enjoy you wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello my angelic friend,
    WOW!!!I think I am speechless....I had to pause and stare or admire the love notes with each of its scripture.The Owls are SWEET!The red metallic foil,STUNNING!!The tag are just adorable!!Love how the little love notes are tucked in the pockets!!GORGEOUS!!
    This is Serioulsy AMAZING!!and Its my favorite!!
    How could he not LOVE this card!!It spells LOVE all over it!
    Sending a Huge amount of my love,hugs,& smiles your way,
    your angelic friend,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a gorgeous creation
    I love the heart idea and the whole design is stunning
    thanks for joining us at MIM and good luck
    tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a funny and gorgeous card, just love it! These birds are adorable! Thank you for joining us at the Celebrate the Occasion challenge and hope to see you back again.
    Hugs
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen, there is no one more lovable than you are and your husband must be in heaven everyday just being around you. I could only imagine how much love resonates in your home... so when can I come!!! lol... I am so in love with your bursting with love card.. I was so surprised when I seen the love notes, you had us in suspense!!! They are gorgeous and there is so much meaning behind them... love the scripture sayings! The owls are adorable and I love your shiny metalic musical notes!!! I would so love to make a card like this, I have no idea how you made it that the notes could fit so beautifully... have a super friend and know I love you!!!! Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. I mean't have a super day, hahahaha , I was distracted by Michael...please say a prayer for him, his tooth is really bothering him, he was awake most of the night with it... the tooth underneath is pushing its way up and causing pressure, the top tooth is silver capped and is not even loose. He has been going through this off and on for two weeks. The dentist said if it continues without getting loose he will remove it. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my word .....wow totally stunning Karen the hearts are gorgeous! papers and layout totally stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh!Sorry I forgot to mention.
    Thank you for joining us at PDE "Mainly Red" Challenge.
    Migdalia
    PDE DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there my new blog bud! I just love your creation - those owls are sooo sweet and I love your design. Just superb! All the hearts - even on the musical score - perfect!

    Big hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card!!!! Love your beautiful hearts and the shimmery love notes at the bottom along with the sweet owls!!!!

    Thanks for joining CTO this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous♥. I love the birds and all the details♥. Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week♥.

    Hugs, Marita

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is awesome! I love the musical notes, the owls, and of course the Valentine notes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card Karen.I adore the owls and love the red foil.Thanks for joining us at LSP.
    Hugs
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awww...those owls are just the CUTEST! Thanks so much for joining our Sweetheart Challenge at My Craft Spot this week!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. OOOH! Karen this is GORGEOUS! Those little owls are so cute with their heart bellies and I love the tiny tag! The pocket is such a sweet addition with the little heart notes! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So adorable and I love the heart cards with the sweetest owls, beautiful creation! Thank you for joining us @ CTO for our "Valentine Anything Goes" Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous Valentine. So glad you shared at Little Scrap Pieces.

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm not the least bit surprised that your man loved his Valentine! It's fantastic! The musical score with hearts is fabulous - and so are those adorable owls! This card is a wonderful combination of fun and fancy!

    I enjoyed looking at your card and delighted in reading your post. We know so many couples who started out strong and ended things early. My heart is happy that you've got a strong relationship with your husband too! I'm certain that he loved his card because it came from YOU!

    Thanks for linking this up at My Craft Spot too! It's perfect for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous card Karen!!! The owls are so darn adorable and just love the gorgeous hearts! The music notes are amazing-love everything about this card!!!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  24. MY SIS!!!!!!

    GASPPPPPPP!!! Happy Owlness hugglers for you!!!!!!! Tee hee hee! *squishers you in endless happy sparklie owlness hugglers* TEE HEE!

    OMJ! Could this card get any more precious and adorable?! How did you make those notes?! *faints* I just LOVE how this card is the card that doesn't stop giving. There are hidden blessings inside the pocket! AHHHHHHHH!!! You are genius sis!!! *cries cause you make me so happy*

    Only a heart as special as yours would make a present that is so meaningful and filled with faith and love for her Sbf. I wish I could have been there to see his face and heart light up when you gave it to him, Sunshine. He is a lucky, lucky boy. God loves you both beyond love sis and will forever bless your love with all the sparkling blessings in the universe.

    *twirls you in happy owlness shiny note spins* WHEEE!

    I LOVE YOU SUNSHINE!!!

    P.S. What is this about Sbf being second place in line for your smooshy love right after God? I thought I was second place! GASP!!! I am devestated sis. Totally a mess. This is simply unacceptable! *pouts madly* TEE HEE HEE!!!!!!!!!! *giggles non-stop* *shoos Sbf to the side cause I wanna be numero 2* TEE HEE! *does happy jealous dance* I LOVE YOU SIS!!!!!!!

    *forever sparkling Valentines squishies for my forever Valentine*
    ~~~ Christina :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a sweet Valentine card! The owls are just adorable and I love the foil paper for the music notes! Such pretty papers too! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. As always so stunning and so many beautiful details! The colors are super fun and bright and I am in love with those notes!!!!
    Hope you received my email, thanks again my friend!

    Thank you for joining us this week at Little Scrap Pieces, hope to see you again!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  27. Stunning card! Such beautiful details, the musical notes, the owls and those 'love notes' beautiful!

    Thanks for joining us at Card Crafter's Circle this week, to paint the town red!

    Kerry Louise
    x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gotta love those cute owls....gorgeous card, with so many lovely details....thanks so much for joining in at Card Crafter's Circle!

    ReplyDelete
  29. ha ha Karen I don't think I have enough adjectives to describe how wondrous you card is. I do know that I can feel the love from those two splendid owls! Thank you so very much for joining the lsp challenge this week. Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love! Have a beautifully blessed day. :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips