To pin my projects to Pinterest, hover over the picture and a Pin-it Button will magically appear.

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Sprinkled with Love

Happy Saturday, my treasured friends! I pray everyone is having a blessed and beautiful weekend. :o)

In lieu of a new Sweet Saturday confection, I'm sharing a new card that serves a far sweeter purpose. :o) As I mentioned in my last post, this month's I Feel the Love collection is in loving memory of first grade teacher Vicki Soto... a beautiful soul who gave her life to save six or seven of her students at Sandy Hook Elementary. The sweet and talented Madison (of Funky Cards) highlights someone in need of extra love every month and we have the absolute privilege of crafting for a cause. We are currently creating Valentine's cards for those children Vicki saved, as well as thinking of you/sympathy cards for her grieving family. I hope you'll create a card with us and say extra prayers for all involved in the tragedy.

My second card for the kiddos... Sprinkled with Love:
I made a happy little forest scene, complete with deer sweethearts. The deer are from Create a Critter and Cindy Loo, which I set upon stumps made of pink wood-patterned paper. (What can I say, even the trees are filled with extra love this time of year!) The interior of the stump is glitter paper because their endearing love has sparklified it... just like our heartfelt creations will deliver healing love to those who are hurting. The boy deer is wearing a sparkly green collar because Vicki's favorite color was green. Every card I create for this collection will have green for that reason. I used pearls for the pretty doe's spots. :o)

The bottom border is my new Memory Box die that I am over-the-moon in love with, called Spring Border. It's so sprightly and I thought the little recipient would enjoy it. :o) I cut it with sparkling Core Couture paper and used red and purple Stickles for the flowers.

The gorgeous nested hearts in the center are Cheery Lynn dies (Two of Hearts), which are inked in Victorian Velvet. I nearly only used one, but a double dose of love is always better. :o) The papers have pretty little sketched-floral patterns on them, and both layers are pop-dotted for dimension. All of the patterned papers on the card are from Heidi Grace's Daydream collection. I love how foresty and naturally beautiful they are. :o)

The Whimsical Designs sentiment is from the With Love stamp set, chosen because the paper is reminiscent of a shower of love. :o) (And because my sappy love is sprinkled all over the place.) The tag is popped-up, lightly inked with Victorian Velvet, and has a sweet Recollections heart button. Lastly, a sparkly white butterfly fluttered onto the card, centered with a pearl, eager to bring hope and comfort.

And there's more love tucked inside, where the Spellbinders Lattice Rectangle will hold a message about how I love the recipient so dearly!
I hope this brings a smile to the precious child's heart. :o)

The inspiring hero whose memory we are honoring this month:
Challenges entered:
 *Cut It Up~ In With the New (Memory Box Spring Border die, heart button)
 *Cute Card Thursday~ Beat the Blues (with LOVE!)
 *Divas By Design~ Anything Goes
 *Make It Monday~ Anything Goes
 *My Paper Crafting/Crafting With Cutters~ Card Outreach
 *Paper Playtime~ Pets/Animals
 *Papertake Weekly~ Happy New... (Memory Box Spring Border die, heart button)

Thank you for fluttering on by! I wish you a sparkling weekend of love, hugs, and blessings. :o)


23 comments:

  1. Hello Karen
    It is always such a joy to visit your blog, your cards are filled with such love.
    Your card is so beautiful. I adore the cute deer and and the gorgeous delicate hearts. The MB border looks wonderful and the inside is beautifully decorated too.
    I wish you a fabulous weekend my lovely friend
    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Karen, so adorable and sure to bring a smile..

    Thanks for sharing with us at Make it Monday..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful Karen and adorable are those images and fabulous dies totally stunning card xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH Karen, another card filled with love! You are so wonderful and I love how every element combines to make this beautiful card. And that we both get our Cameos! the same week, is so cool:-) Looking forward to sharing our creations:-) Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs, Karon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way you made the border with glittery flowers
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic border! I love the little blades of grass and the tiny flowers. Your deer are adorable. Thanks for linking your card to Cut it Up Challenge Blog!
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. awwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!! What a beautiful card Karen and so unique!!!! I love that you a part of this cause and you will certainly put a smile and sparkle on one childs face, it gives of pure love and a peacful feeling along with colors that can make your imagination overflow with joy. Beautiful job my friend and may God bless you this weekend as well. Lots of love
    Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card! I love how you added the pearls to the doe and the green collar on the deer is such a nice touch. Thank you so much for joining us at Cut It Up and Paper Playtime.

    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Karen, what a wonderful creation you made. God Bless you my dear.

    Catarina

    ReplyDelete
  10. So precious! I love that border die it works perfectly. The scene you created will definitely bring someone joy:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet card! Love everything from the pink tree stumps to the glitterly flowers to the Spring Border die! The heart die is beautiful too. I also bought those little heart buttons a couple of weeks ago. Aren't they adorable?! This card will for sure bring a smile to the child who receives it! I hope you have a great weekend! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish I could pin this! Its beautiful and so is the idea behind it! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh WOW, my dear friend, this is absolutely stunning!! What a gorgeous card!! The deer are so sweet frolicking in the flowers!! The border die is fabulous...I just looked at that die yesterday and decided I must have it!! And oh my gosh, the hearts are so pretty!! As always, all the little touches you've added make this spectacular!! You are going to brighten the day of whoever receives this beauty!! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend my sweet friend!! Huge hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Karen, such a sweet card - those little deer are just too cute!

    Such a shame it was needed in the first place though, those poor children, teachers and their families it makes your heart break.

    Thanks for joining in with us this week at Divas by Design.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  15. What can I say about this beautiful card my friend....
    It's as if I am in Elementary school myself and reading the Bambi story.I am so in love with this heavenly forest scene with the two adorable deers just playing,laughing & enjoying ALL this LOVE that sprinkles upon them.As for the centered heart it says to the deers that no matter what happens in life our Loving hearts will always come together.That's my view....I love how the forest sparkles and the adorable butterflies just are beautiful!!This is just SWEET,just like you.Madison is a BLESSING to me.I always wait for her to announce the following recipients so that I can take part in this AMAZING Cause.I am also BLESSED to have met you!VERY,VERY,BLESSED!The recipients will be filled with such joy,smiles & laughter when they receive this card.It SPEAKS LOVE all over it!
    Sending you a HUGE amount of Bloggie love my Sweet Angel,
    Your Angelic Friend,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card filled with lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so gorgeous! I love everything about it and it's going to make the child it goes to day so special. :) Thanks for playing along!! Thanks for playing along at My Paper Crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a GORGEOUS scene you have going! I love the sweet deer hanging out enjoying life. The border is so pretty and love the beautiful flowers and butterflies! This is just fabulous and so touching:) I am sure who ever receives it will absolutely love it and put a smile on their face!
    Beautiful card my friend!
    Hope your having a fabulous Sunday!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Karen, you know what I love about your work? It touched so many people before it even leaves your craft room. Your posts are so beautiful and the comments you get tell me that the lives you impact are far reaching. Never stop writing. You have a beautiful gift. Another beautiful work of art. I love this card. The scene is perfect, the colors are perfect and all the thought that went into making it was just perfect. Thank you so much. You are amazing.
    Love, ~Madison

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow love this card!! You added so many fun details and that border die is so pretty!! Thank you for joining us at Cut It Up Challenges! :)

    Kimberly
    Cut It Up DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. love the combination of the create a critter and cindyloo would never have thought of that you are truly one of the most kind and caring people.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Did you know that everything you touch is 'sprinkled with love', sis? And not just sprinkled either...but super sparklie sprinkled!!!!!!!! WHEEEEEEEE!!! *tosses super sparklie sprinkles all over you* YAY!!!

    God bless you Sunshine for pouring all your heart into this gorgeous present for this most incredible project. I can already feel the healing love that it will bring. I sooooooooooo love these sweet little deer! Can I have real ones just like them sis? The flowers you designed are just stunning, Sunshine! How do you do it?! I love the mini flutterby more than words can say. It will help flutter your love straight to the recepients who God knows need your hugglers most of all.

    Your creations are the most gorgeous tribute to precious Vicki and all of the beautiful little hearts who are now sparkling angels in heaven. They see all the love you so freely give, Sunshine and are smiling down on you tonight with all their love in return.

    *wants you to teach me how to make happy deer like that right now* SQUEEE! I SOOOOOOO LOVE THEM!!!!!!!

    And I SOOOOOOOOO love YOUUUUUUU!!!

    *forever sparkling deer super hugglers*
    ~~~ Christina (your forever sis who lurves you sooooo 'deerly' it isn't even funny) WHEEE!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this card, so super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cut It Up!
    http://scrapqueen141.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love! Have a beautifully blessed day. :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips