Happy Monday, my sweet friends! I hope your week is off to a sparkly start. :o) I apologize for being a couple of days behind on your marvelous creations. I will be visiting you right after I post this! :o)
As you already know from a previous post, this month the incredible Madison of Funky Cards is honoring someone in my life for her I Feel the Love Project. Each month she highlights a particular person, family, or organization in need of some extra love. In turn, we have the absolutely privilege of using our passion for a far greater purpose. Crafting for a cause brings such joy to my heart. I love everything about I Feel the Love and am so thankful to Madison for honoring someone in my life.
The collection this month is for 9-year-old Olivia, the daughter of my lifelong friend Erika. Erika passed away last year after a long, valiant fight against cancer. Sweet Olivia is a fighter just like Erika, but facing this world without her mom has been exceptionally difficult for her. To read more about the ever-inspiring Olivia and why she and Erika are so special to me, you can check out the first card I made for Olivia.
This weekend I used every spare morsel of time to make another card for her. You can never shower someone with too much love, right? I'll be making her a fun animal or Disney one soon, but before that I wanted to make her a Copic card. When I received this cutie pie last week, I knew I needed to color it up for Olivia. :o)
"Wishing you a World full of Joy"Beary Big Hugs. I stamped her on a Spellbinders Labels Four base, colored her with Copics, and used a cloud template and Tumbled Glass distress ink for the sky. I covered her sweater and shoes with Star Dust because sparkles make everything better. :o) I gave her a sweet twine bow to add a textural element.
The papers were chosen because of the fluttering hearts, so whimsically delivering my love to Olivia. The glittery swirls seemed perfect for her, too. I thought it would be fun to make her a super girly card, so I used a Martha Stewart heart border punch, a bunch of sparklified Wild Orchid Crafts roses, extra bows, and oodles of rhinestones. A tiny butterfly is resting atop one of the petals of the largest rose. The sentiment is from Lili of the Valley, which I attached to a Spellbinders Lacey Circle. I colored in the butterfly to match the stamp and centered the two little flowers with tiny rhinestones. The gingham papers are lightly inked with Victorian Velvet.
My friend Charlotte of A Little Bit of Detail made a card for this cause, in which she had Olivia's sweet name scrolled across the front in a beautiful font. It reminded me how special it is to personalize cards, especially for little kids. So I made a banner with my Art Philosophy cartridge and used small alphabet stamps to personalize this card. The banner is pop-dotted for dimension and lined with twine. I couldn't resist securing each end with a bow. :o)
There is still time to make a card for this deserving little girl, so I hope you'll consider joining this month's I Feel the Love collection! :o)
Sweet Olivia on Christmas morning, 2010.... a few short months before our beloved Erika passed away.
* Cooking With Cricut~ Card Outreach
* Divas By Design~ For a Female
* I Feel the Love~ Cards for Olivia
* In the Pink~ Fifty Shades of... Pink!
* Little Scrap Pieces~ Use Your Bling
* Make It Monday~ Anything Goes
* Fab 'n' Funky~ Pearls or Rhinestones
* Simon Says Stamp~ Bingo! (Ribbon-Free-Blooms)
Thank you for fluttering on by! I hope your day is filled with all things beautiful. :o)
Key Recipe Components:
* Cricut cartridge: Art Philosophy
* Spellbinders Nestabilities: Labels Four, Lacey Circles
* Paper: Core'dinations, Heidi Grace
* Sentiment stamp: Lili of the Valley~ Dreamy Days
* Image stamp: Elisabeth Bell~ Beary Big Hugs
* Copics: E000, E000, E00 (skin); E23, E25, E31, E50 (hair); R81, R83, R85 (sweater, shoes); B91, B93, B95, B97 (jeans and bandana thingy); E31, E33, E35 (I think.. for the bear), YG17, YG23, G28 (grass)
* Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts (Pink Mist)
* Border Punch: Martha Stewart Lace Heart
* Crinkle Ribbon: My Craft Spot (Petal Pink)
* Twine: My Craft Spot (Blossom, Blueberry Blue)
* Miscellaneous: iRock, Stickles