To pin my projects to Pinterest, hover over the picture and a Pin-it Button will magically appear.

Friday, February 3, 2012

Tiny package... big heart!

Happy Friday, my sparkly friends! I hope you have a fabulous weekend coming up. :o)

I have a quick post today! (No, really!) I simply needed to enter the Fantabulous Cricut challenge this week, which is to make a mini Valentiny card! It can only be 3x3... how sweet is that? It was a bit daunting for me at first. I love minis (and all of the DT ladies did amazing), but I have never made one. I wasn't sure I could make something cute in such a tiny package. So I decided to start with a tiny creature to deliver my message...

"Tiny package..."
"...big heart. Happy Valentine's Day."
A mini ocean scene is what transpired! I love the seahorse cut on Create a Critter and am so excited I finally used it. Oh how I wish the sparkle showed in these pictures! I used Core Couture cardstock for the sand and seaweed, so they're super sparkly with their silver flecks. The shells are also made with sparkling paper. I embossed the sand to make it look a little more sandy. The sweet seahorse has an itty bitty rhinestone for her eye because she's twinkling with love. I used Glossy Accents for the bubbles and foam tape for the seahorse and seashells for dimension. I attached the little tag with Blueberry Blue Trendy Twine and added a tiny heart rhinestone. Everything is inked with Dew Drop Brilliance ink (Sky Blue) for extra shimmer.

Inside, I thought it would be cute to nestle two seahorse sweethearts within a heart. Despite being silhouettes, I still added a touch of sparkle since they're radiating with love. I completed the computer-generated part of the sentiment and then added a  Whimsical Designs stamp! The Happy Valentine's Day is from Stephanie's With Love set. I use this fantastic set SO often. Here's the rest of it! It's such a perfect set for lovey-dovey creations. :o)
Challenge entered:
 * Fantabulous Cricut~ 3x3 Valentiny card

I wish you all a blessed and sparkly weekend! :o)

Key Recipe Components:
 * Cricut cartridge: Create a Critter, Elegant Edges
 * Cuttlebug embossing folder: Swiss Dots
 * Spellbinders Nestabilities: Labels Four
 * Sentiment stamp: Happy Valentine's Day from Whimsical Designs~ With Love set
 * Paper: Core'dinations, DCWV, Heidi Grace, Imaginisce
 * Twine: Trendy Twine Blueberry Twine
 * Heart punch: EK Success
 * Miscellaneous: Glossy Accents, Heart rhinestone (Recollections), Stickles

Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Ahhh was a cutie, I just love this cartridge too they have the cutiest images to play around with...
    love your mini 3 x 3 card and that ocean scene is just perfect with the sentiment too....Love it karen...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Karen this is just tooo adorable.. would you mind if i scraplifted this? hugs from ukiah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness this is so sweet! I love it! Thank you so much for creating with us at FCCB this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, Karen, this is so adorable!! I absolutely love it!! The seahorse is so awesome!! How have I missed that on CAC?? The inside silhouettes are too cute!! And the shape of the card is fabulous...it reminds me of bubbles!! You fit so much onto a tiny 3x3 canvas!! I love, love this sweet little card my sweet and sparkly friend!! I hope you have fun plans for the weekend!! And thank you so much for playing along at FCCB!!

    Hugs, Lisa :)
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so sweet to let me scrap lift this... Already have a card for DH (that i scrafted from someone else) but will definitely use this some time, this is so adorable. Thank you so much. I hope you have a "WONDERFUL" weekend my friend... Hugs from Ukiah

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWWWWWW!!! This is just adorable! I love everything teeny (I have been known to play super fun games with PlayMobil AND Calico Critters), so I am super partial to this little beauty. Create a Critter is the BEST, isn't it? Especially when used by a creative genius such as your sweet self. :) Love that little seahorse, and the sentiment is perfect.

    As always, Karen, you've made me smile. :)

    Nita

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card! It's absolutely adorable! The inside looks just as cute as the outside! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen, this is AWESOME!!!! I love how you captured SO much in this little 3x3 card! Wow, your are one amazing and talented lady! I love the cute little seahorse-don't even remember that on CAC and the embossing looks great. I love Stephanies stamp set you used-perfect fit for your sweet card:) TFS!
    Also, congrats on your big win over at My Paper Love.. Blogaversary giveaway:) What a GREAT cart!!
    Have a great wknd my friend!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. So adorable Karen! It's fun to make mini cards, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is too cute! I really love what you have done with the sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love yor pretty tiny card with a big heart!Your seahorse is so cute.
    Hugs
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  12. *swims in and squishers you in giant seahorsie huggles* WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

    I told you my swimming skills were not very good sis...look how long it took me just to swim over here this week! *needs to take super speedy swimming lessons from Mr. Seahorsie* TEE HEE HEE!

    My sweetest Sunshine...this card reminds me SO much of your gorgeous heart. Know why? Cause every day you defy logic...your tiny little sparkling heart somehow is able to hold all the love that can fit into the largest ocean on earth. That is just not human sis. Only hearts that are heaven blessed can contain as much sparkling love as yours. *hugglers you madly*

    Everytime I look at this precious little card, my heart just glows. I love it beyond words, Sunshine. It is just pure perfection all wrapped up in one tiny little package whose message of love is anything BUT tiny.

    *does happy seahorse swimmy dance*
    WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

    I LOVE YOU SUNSHINE!!!!!!!!!

    *forever super seahorsie squishies from your forever biggest seahorsie fan*
    ~~~Christina :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh My Darling Friend,
    You did such an awesome job on this!!! I have absolutely got to post a card I made a while back that is soooo similar to this, I can't wait to share it with you! But I digress, I'm here to make sure you didn't miss our Wednesday post from the 8th at FCCB! If you did, be sure to go back and check it out! Love, love, love your adorable card! Can't believe you could squeeze that much detail into this teeny tiny treasure!

    XO ~ Amy Jo (FCCB Coordinator)
    http://fantabulouscricut.blogspot.com
    http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. i really love all the detail you put into this card! great colors, just a great card!!
    Your newest follower,
    ♥ Cyndy
    arcyscraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love! Have a beautifully blessed day. :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips