To pin my projects to Pinterest, hover over the picture and a Pin-it Button will magically appear.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

S'mores Wiper Card

Happy Tuesday, dear friends! :o)

Today I have a sparkly sweet card to share with you, but only a minute to chat about it! (I bet you never thought that would be possible!) ;) Since I don't have long, I want my little chunk of time to be spent visiting some fabulous blogs instead of writing a novel here.

I was ecstatic when I saw the challenge last week at Cooking With Cricut! S'mores? Yes, please! My boyfriend and I love Christmas and we listen to Christmas music year-round... because of that, when I saw the S'mores challenge I instantly started singing, "It's a marshmallow world..." That song always makes us laugh when it comes on the radio during the holidays, so I created our own little sugar date! We love s'mores, so during the winter we make them over candlelight. I think he'll love a card that combines wintery fun and s'mores.

This is my first wiper card, and I can't believe how easily it came together! I used this tutorial at Splitcoast Stampers because it came up first, but there are tons of great ones out there.

"It's a marshmallow world..."

Once opened: "I love you s'more than chocolate." (Which he knows is saying a LOT.) ;)

A few tidbits: The sweet penguin boy is quite chivalrous.. he's roasting both marshmallows so his love doesn't get chilly hands. (At least not until it's feasting time, but chocolate is always worth it.) She's in charge of the chocolate and graham crackers, which she stacked up beside her. I cut fringe on the scarves and dolloped/trimmed her hat with cotton and sparkles. You may have noticed a lack of marshmallows by their fire... in their lovey-dovey state, the cute couple decided to make a mallowman, as opposed to a snowman. So the lumpy snowman is made of marshmallows, sparkling with their love. Hehe. For some reason, I find that highly amusing. ;) I drew on some Peachy Keen faces and sprinkled the entire card with sparkle, but a whole lot of it doesn't show up via photographs. It looks much icier in person. :o)

Challenge entered:
 * Cooking With Cricut~ S'mores (or s'more elements)

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope everyone has a gorgeous week, filled with all things beautiful. :o)

Key Recipe Components:
 * Cricut cartridges: Create a Critter, Elegant Edges, Simply Charmed
 * Cuttlebug embossing folder: D'vine Swirls
 * Paper: Bazzill, Core'dinations, Papertrey Ink
 * Ribbon: Essentials
 * Sentiments: Computer generated
 * Miscellaneous: iRock, Martha Stewart glitter, Stickles, super old snowflake punch

Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. This is too adorable!!! The penguins are so sweet! I love the fuzzy hat. I also love the "mallowman"! Perfect sentiments too! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness, what an adorable "wiper card"...love it. FABULOUS! ~Shen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, this card is amazing!!! I would love to see this in person:) The marshmallow man is awesome! I love the fuzzy hat too!! TFS and thanks for playing with us this week at Cooking with Cricut!!
    ~Madison CWC DT funkycards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh Karen, this is so FABULOUS!! Wow, you are so amazing my super-talented and always sparkly friend!! This is just the cutest card ever! The embossing looks like a strong winter wind blowing the snowflakes around! And I love how he is roasting the marshmallows for both of them...such a gentleman...er...gentlepenquin??!! They have the cutest faces and I adore the sentiment! And how cute is the pom-pom and fur on her hat?! What an awesome wiper card!! I look so forward to your masterpieces, Karen...you are so creative and talented!! Thanks for making me smile :D

    Hugs, Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely surprise! First to find a new post and then to find an adorable snow-themed card :) I am so in love with this! It makes me yearn for snowflakes and fluffy scarves. I particularly love the icy blue touches on the edge of each snowflake and the penguinos teeny fire. Squee! So cute! Excellent job as always, Sweets! I hope you both enjoy your sugar date!

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all....I am craving a s'more!! Sounds so good right about now. After reading your post..I'm drooling, LOL!
    Your wiper card is absolutely adorable! So sparkly and just fantastic with all the details. I am a BIG fan of those cute little penguins:) Very creattive and outstanding job!! LOVE IT!!!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen, your card is so super duper cute <3 I love penguins <3

    Catarina aka docerela

    www.docerelacreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my your card is just to CUTE for words!I LOVE the embossing and the SWEET little penguins,JUST ADORABLE!AMAZING job!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is adorable!! Love that you were singing Christmas music, me and my husband are also big into Christmas and listen to the Christmas music all year too. Thanks for playing along with us at Cooking with Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Um...are those s'mores I see?!?!?!

    *politely sneaks my way in between the precious penguins and grabs myself a taste of the super dooper yumness* TEE HEE HEE!

    OMJ!!! Do you know how crazy much I love this card?!?!?! AHHHHHHHHH!!! I didn't know you were making a mallowness card, Sunshine!!! AHHH! It's beautifullllllll!!! *hugglers you in a giant s'more sandwich squisher* YAY!!!

    I SO love the snowman, sis. He is beyond hugglerable...and I can't get over how precious the penguins' sweet little faces and outfits are! You are SO amazing Sunshine! SQUEEE!!!

    I would give anything to be there to see the look on Sbf's face when he opens your card...did you give it to him yet, sis? Did he give you the biggest s'more huggler right back? He is a lucky, lucky boy and he knows it too!

    Loving you s'more than chocolate too!!! *endless Christmassy and snowflake squishers for my Sunshine* WHEEE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Karen you did it again my sweet friend. This is an adorable card. I love the story behind your creations. You always put so much of yourself into whatever you do. Your sweetheart will love this. Hugs, Pam at http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I wish I had more time - I have so many things to say about this amazing creation! The story behind it is the sweetest I have ever heard. And look at how those cute little penguins are all dressed up for the occasion. I could just reach in and pinch those rosy little penguin cheeks. :)

    Wait! Did you say you DREW on the PK faces? You impress me more every post (I have a hard time legibly writing my name). You are so super talented.

    Your boyfriend is a lucky, lucky man. Tell him I said so. ;)

    Nita

    ReplyDelete
  13. CONGRATULATIONS my sweet friend on winning Cooking With Cricut this week!! So deserved...you are so talented and creative :)

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your wiper card!! Penguins are one of my favorite cutie creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Omg...this is just so adorable. This little penguins & that whole scene then you went & made it a wiper card...brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness, this card is just too stinkin' cute Karen! I LOVE those little penguins, and what a gentleman that he is roasting the marshmallows for her! LOL! I love her furry hat, the embossing, and snowflakes too! OK, so I just have to share that I too LOVE Christmas! No wonder we get along so well! I LOVE Christmas music too and can't wait to start listening to it which is usually in October! I have a ton of Christmas music on my iphone too! Hugs to you my crafty friend! Sabrina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love! Have a beautifully blessed day. :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips