First up today is my new card! I was truly blessed this weekend to receive two new Cricut cartridges from my sweetheart: Kate's ABC's and Elegant Edges. How I've yearned for these! In fact, I simply couldn't decide which to use first, so I used both. ;) These have endless possibilities and I'm happier than a shimmery clam to own them. :o)
(I know I very recently used this color scheme... but I ask you, can you ever have too much pink and green? They're like hot cocoa and marshmallows: always happy together.)
I had to channel my energy while making this card... I was overly thrilled to be using these cartridges. I simply *needed* to make a girly-girl card with them. I surrounded myself with rhinestones, glitter, buttons, twine, liquid pearls, and sparkly paper... just waiting to see what would happen. I didn't even take a few moments to see what the new challenges were for any blogs... I simply created what my heart wanted to say. :o) The paper used for the scallop mat makes me think of bubbles... like Kate's sweet self had just finished blowing bubbles before scooping up her kitten. I love that. :o) Thank you, my sweet boyfriend, for this incredible gift!
Now I have several people to thank! I am truly honored and ecstatic to have been given the Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award by five fantastic crafters this past weekend. All five of you made my heart extra sparkly all weekend long! I sincerely appreciate your support. :o) Extra love and hugs to these super talented sweethearts:
Pam from Crafty Cards 4 u 2
Kaitlin from Cupcakes and Cards
Lisa from A Mermaid's Crafts
Nita from Nita Notes
Sabrina from Scrappin' with Sabrina
The rules for the award are as follows:
1) Send a thank you to the person who nominated you and include their link.
2) To accept this award, tell 7 random facts about yourself.
3) Pass the award on to at least 8 other awesome blog buddies.
My 7 tidbits of randomness:
1) Christmas is every single day in my heart... my pals know exactly what I mean when I say I'm having Christmas pizza or Christmas eggs for dinner.
2) I ditched all the clothing from the biggest drawer of my dresser to make more storage space for my sparkly make-up.
3) I was a competitive Scottish highland dancer for 16 glorious years.
4) Josh Groban is my favorite musician in the history of the world. (He better hope I don't win a Meet and Greet for the upcoming Michigan concerts. He will be sparklier than ever if I hug him.) ;)
5) I love watching Disney's House of Mouse episodes when I'm on the elliptical machine, working off my sweets addiction.
6) I see infinite beauty in a tiny blade of grass.
7) I became teary when I first saw the ice surface at a Detroit Red Wings game in March... I love my hockey team. <3
I am passing along this sweet award to the following 8 blogs (in alphabetical order). They are all wonderful people with so much to offer their readers. Thank you for being a source of beautiful inspiration with your mere presence. :o) (I know some were recently recognized, but I simply couldn't resist sending my love in return.)
1) Catarina~ Docerela Creations
2) Ellen~ Ramblings of a Travel Bug
3) Jalisa~ Patches of Pink
4) Lisa~ A Mermaid's Crafts
5) Nita~ Nita Notes
6) Pam~ Crafty Cards 4 u 2
7) Sabrina~ Scrappin' with Sabrina
8) Tiffany~ Sparkled Memories
Thank you for visiting, my friends! I wish you all a gorgeous day. :o)
Key Recipe Components:
* Cricut cartridges: Elegant Edges, Kate's ABCs
* Cuttlebug Polka Dots embossing folder
* Paper: DCWV, Papertrey Ink, SEI
* Ribbon: Gorgeous, but unknown... it was a gift from a friend.
* Buttons: My Mind's Eye Tres Jolie
* Twine: Sew Easy in Limeade
* Miscellaneous: iRock, Liquid Pearls, Martha Stewart Peridot glitter, Studio G glitter glue