To pin my projects to Pinterest, hover over the picture and a Pin-it Button will magically appear.

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Thinking of You Card

Happy Sunday, my dear friends! As predicted with yesterday's chocolate delight, I'm back with a card. I am ecstatic I was able to finish it. :o)

This card is for one of the most selfless, amazing people I have ever encountered. She is currently celebrating an inspiring milestone and I wanted to show my love and appreciation for her... an unexpected card simply to tell her she is being thought of. :o)

"For with God, nothing is impossible."
Not only a favorite Scripture of mine, but also ideal for her as she faithfully believes in the restoration of troubled lives. This sentiment stamp is from the K Andrew Designs~ Scripture Sayings set. I built the card around this focal point because we do not blindly hope for the recipients of the charitable cause we share, but rather we faithfully believe. It needed to stand front and center.

A side view to show the butterfly a wee bit better (and a peek inside at the flourishy interior):
If enlarged, you will see there are a couple special things going on with this whimsical winged friend. The butterfly (from Wall Decor and More) is a tonal variation of the main background pattern, with a shadow of yellow polka dots. I chose that for the shadow not to stand out better on the card, but because she is fluttering along on sunbeams in divine guidance. The swirls on her wings (from Art Philosophy) are covered in iridescent microbeads, bubbling up with inspiration for the future of the cause she is celebrating. It is completed with a line of sparkling rhinestone love.

The patterned papers are from the KaiserCraft Lilac Avenue collection. I originally was going to have a different paper on the bottom portion, but after cutting out the base with Elegant Edges... I just couldn't bare to cover it up. If you enlarge the image, you'll see just how stunning this regal purple design is. The lilac heart-dolloped flourish design is coated in sparkle, while the deeper purple background has a delicate dot pattern. It's just so pretty. The solid purple bases are Papertrey Ink's Royal Velvet.

The lilac-dotted paper holding the Scripture is heat embossed. I stamped two portions of an Imaginisce swirl stamp with VersaMark Dazzle, then sprinkled it with holographic embossing powder. In person, it's a nice combination with the sparkly KaiserCraft backdrop. I don't often combine pearls and rhinestones, but it felt right for this project. The two middle frames are accented with graduating rhinestones, while the card base is trimmed with Wild Orchid Crafts purple pearls. Two itty bitty butterflies fluttered their way onto the card, placed atop sparkly curves to represent their lovely path.

To complete my card, I added some of my favorite Wild Orchid Crafts products. Lilac roses are trimmed with Star Dust, while sparkling rosebuds are nestled within the arrangement. The tiny rosebuds symbolize the event my friend is celebrating: this is only the beginning of a beautiful journey. :o) As gorgeous as it is now, it will continue to blossom into a divine masterpiece. The last of my favorite-ever Guipure lace runs the width of the card, a touch of delicacy that is always fitting with butterflies. I hope with all of my heart that this card serves as a tangible reminder of how special she is... not just to me, but also to the hundreds of people she inspires. :o)

Challenges entered:
 * Celebrate the Occasion~ Thinking of You (Use a flower)
 * Fantabulous Cricut~ Don't But Me (Use a bug)
 * Wild Orchid Crafts~ BINGO! (Lilac-Flowers-Wings and Lilac-Glitter-Pearls/Bling)

Thank you for fluttering on by today! I wish a joyous Sunday of all things beautiful. :o)

Key Recipe Components:
 * Cricut cartridges: Art Philosophy, Elegant Edges, Wall Decor and More
 * Paper: KaiserCraft (Lilac Avenue), Papertrey Ink
 * Sentiment stamp: K Andrew Designs~ Scripture Sayings
 * Swirl stamp: Imaginisce
 * Flowers, Lace, Pearls: Wild Orchid Crafts
 * Embossing Powder: Ranger Holographic
 * Miscellaneous: Rhinestones (iRock and Recollections); Microbeads; Stickles


19 comments:

  1. This is a lovely card!
    Have a nice Sunday.
    Turid :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, Karen, this is stunning!! WOW!! What a gorgeous, elegant creation!! The paper is so beautiful...I love the pattern and shimmery sparkle!! The flowers and butterflies are so pretty!! And that is the most gorgeous lace!! An absolutely amazingly beautiful card!! You are so thoughtful and kind, my sweet friend...the recipient will treasure this :)

    HUGS!! Lisa :)
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card Karen! love the whole detailing of it, from the pretty lace, to the papers, to all those cute embellies... Gorgeous and I'm sure your recipient will keep this in her keepsake box too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning card...so very pretty! Glad you joined our challenge at FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow they will just love this card as l do:)x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colour combo, love the card. Thanks for joining us at WOC this time x

    ReplyDelete
  7. GORGEOUS!!!! I love all the beautiful details Karen! The sentiment is so pretty and the whimsical feel of the card is so fabulous my friend! LOVE THIS!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a beautiful card, Karen! How right you are to keep the verse a focal point and all the additional embellishments compliment it so perfectly! This will be a treasure for your friend and just a wonderful reminder for her to have faith and hope through all things.
    I'm delighted to see that you've linked this up at Fantabulous Cricut too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty, love the scripture! thanks for playing @ CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Guess who sooooooooooooooooo super dooper loves this card?!?!?! MEEEEEEEEEE!!!

    And guess who loves the gorgeous words you wrote in your post that goes with it just as much?!?!! MEEEEEEE!!!

    Tee hee hee!

    I don't know what it is about this card, but every time I see it it just keeps getting more and more stunning. I tear up whenever I look at it and the gorgeous sparkling love you put into every tiny detail. I LOVE this card with a passion sis and I couldn't be more excited for the extra special heart who is about to receive it super soon! SQUEEE!!! I can't stop bouncing!!! *counts down seconds*

    *hugglers the perfection sparklie purple paper*
    *squishers the dazzling little flutterbys*
    *twirls you in non-stop happy scripture twirls* WHEEE!!! God bless you my sweetest sis. You are the most sparkling inspiration to us all always. The recipient of this most beautiful card is SO incredibly lucky to have you shining in her life.

    I LOVE YOU SUNSHINE!!! *puts one of the gorgeous flowers you used in the card into your hair because they are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo pretty* YAY!!!!!!!!

    *forever sparkling purpleness squishy hugglers*
    ~~~Christina

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am sorry to not have commented for a few days, I have lurked however. My Grandson graduated today. I have spent the last few days making him and his girl cards, and then I had to get ready to go to his graduation ceremony which takes me days to prepare for! I know you understand. Your card is lovely and your friend will be blessed by it.

    Hugs, Pam
    http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh WOW BEAUTIFUL job with your card!It looks sooo pretty,Thank you for joining us over at FCCB this week!:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card! I love the shape and the sentiment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card! Wonderful sentiment :)
    Thanks for joining CTO this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the scripture, such a wonderful card to receive! Thanks for joining us @ CTO this week for our "Thinking of you-use a flower" challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so pretty! Love the purple and the lace trim! Congrats on making the Top 5 at Fantabulous Cricut! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, beautiful creation again. Can't wait to see what you have in store for us next. Congrats on your top 5 pick at the FCCB.

    ReplyDelete
  18. i was starting to worry about you, it seem like you hadn't posted in so long and i happen to scroll down my side bar and there this was, just don't know how i missed this BEAUTIFUL card.. oh Karen, it is GORGEOUS, (of course purple is my favorite color, and this deep purple is beyond gorgeous)... i know she is going to feel so very special to receive this.. you are such an amazing friend.. that's one of my favorite scriptures too.. (and i have that stamp set.. :-) - i could just go on and on about this, the butterfly is simply stunning.. thank you for sharing your amazing talent my friend.. i am so blessed by your friendship. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my, Karen! Wow, this is just so elegant and beautiful! It's no surprise you made our Top 5 at FCCB! You certainly deserved your spot there (as always). ;) I just love seeing your creations. They always inspire me! The shape you used is just exquisite as are the butterflies and flowers! Ok, well everything about this is exquisite! ;) Thanks for joining us, my friend, and for sharing your lovely talent with us once again. :)

    XO ~ Amy Jo (FCCB DT member & follower)
    http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com
    amyjrockstar at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love! Have a beautifully blessed day. :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips