To pin my projects to Pinterest, hover over the picture and a Pin-it Button will magically appear.

Monday, June 18, 2012

Fantabulous Cricut Guest Designer!

Happy Monday, my crafty friends! I hope your week is off to a sparkly start. :o)

I am thrilled to have been invited to be a Guest Designer for Fantabulous Cricut this week, one of my absolute favorite challenge blogs! Their designers are extremely talented (and sweet!), so it is an honor to be designing with them this week. :o) I'm pretty sure you sensed my excitement in yesterday's post. ;)

FCCB Challenge #116 is to make a project with a bell, church, or cross and to include the color blue. (It does not need to be religious.) The first thing that sparkled in my sappy heart is a beautiful winter wedding. So I made my first wedding card. :o)

"Today, Tomorrow, Always..."
This was such fun and quickly became one of my personal favorite cards I've made. I wanted it to be a heart-shaped card that would stand without the requirement of an easel, so I turned to my Gypsy. Using cuts from the Art Philosophy cartridge to create the base, I welded together the heart doily and several flowers. The white lacy heart is a representation of pure love and two hearts and lives being woven together. The flowers are like the sweet petals that flutter to the aisle from the excited hand of a flower girl. In this wintry scene, I like that these particular blooms are also reminiscent of snowflakes.

Upon completion, the wedding bells made my heart flutter. I didn't have a cartridge that contained any of the three challenge options, so after the initial panic I settled myself down and cut out some bells with scissors. ;) I used pearlescent cardstock for extra elegance and embossed them with the Swiss Dots folder. I extra-pleated some shimmery, lightly pleated white ribbon to line the bottoms, as if it's ruffling in the romantic air. (It also made me think of a cascading veil.) Nestled between rows of pearls are Wild Orchid Crafts blue roses. The bells are secured with a Snow White crinkle ribbon bow and a chain of pearly love.

The heart atop the doily is cut out with a snowy Basic Grey paper, which I accented with small and medium pearls as snowflakes. The sentiment is from the Whimsical Designs~ With Love stamp set, which I cut out with a Spellbinders Picot Edge Circle. To me, it's a jumbo-sized snowflake... a divine wedding wish for a heavenly life together. I trimmed it in my smallest pearls and practically cleared out my pearl stash making snow-covered flowers at the bottom. :o)

Challenges entered:
 * Crafty Catz~ Embossing
 * Paper Playtime~ Anything Goes, plus a sentiment
 * Wild Orchid Crafts~ Anything Goes

Heartfelt thanks to FCCB for having me along this week! It is such a pleasure and an honor. Thank you all for visiting me today and be sure to check out the inspiring creations by the fantabulous designers! I hope your day sparkles with sunbeams and blessings. :o)

Key Recipe Components:
 * Cricut cartridge: Art Philosophy
 * Cuttlebug embossing folder: Swiss Dots
 * Spellbinders Nestabilities: Picot Edge Circles
 * Paper: Basic Grey, Cloud 9 (solid blue), Core'dinations
 * Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
 * Ribbon: Crinkle ribbon~ My Craft Spot; Sheer ribbon~ stash
 * Pearls: Recollections 


24 comments:

  1. WOW it is indeed a stunning creation the tiny flowers on the bells make it so glamorous too
    Cheers
    Sonia
    cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your GDT spot,so well deserved!
    Beautiful card.Love the heart doily and flowers.Your bells are so pretty,just love the pleated ribbon.
    Hugs
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, so lacy and unusual. Congratulations on being a guest designer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Karen - Stunning! love it - so pretty!
    Everything is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunning creation...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! You did a fab job of cutting the bells by hand.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card! Wow, it's just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Many congratulations and looking at your creation it's no wonder your a guest designer your creations are fantastic as is this one with lots of lovely detail and beautiful bling oh so stunning:)x

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, WOW, WOW, Karen, this is stunning!! I knew it would be gorgeous and amazing and it is that, and so much more!! (Why were you even stressing??!! ;) I have loved each and every one of your projects but I do think this is my all-time favorite...as of right now. I make no promises that it will keep that position when you create your next masterpiece ;) There are not enough adjectives I can think up to describe this...just know that I absolutely LOVE it :) Have a wonderful day my sweet friend :)

    Hugs, Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Karen, this is gorgeous!
    so glad you shared with us @ Paper Playtime!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is so elegant. I love each detail. I love that you created your own bells and then you decorated them so beautifully. After seeing this card I could not wait to see the details. Thanks for being our guest designer here at the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog. So well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!! Karen you really out did yourself this time. I love this card. You would be hard pressed to find a more beautiful card anywhere:)) You are just so gifted, God has truly blessed you with the ability to express yourself through paper. I love it, I love you, my sweet sister.

    Hugs, Pam
    http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG GORGEOUS job with your BEAUTIFUL card Karen!Congratulations on being a guest designer at FCCB,

    ReplyDelete
  14. SQUEEEEEEEEE!!!

    My Sunshine is the featured Guest Designer this week!!! AHHHHHHHH!!! *gives you the most giant hugglering EVER* OMJ!!! I am sooooooooooo proud of you sis my cheeks hurt because I simply can't stop smiling. They couldn't have made a more perfect choice for this incredible honour. God is so proud of you too Sunshine. SQUEEE! I can't stop bouncing cause I am soooooooo proud of you!!! *stares at your gorgeous interview on FCCB* OMJ!!! It's soooooo beautiful!!! *wipes away happy tears* Do you know how adorable you are sis? *squishers you to show you* SQUEEE! I am the proudest sister alive tonight, Sunshine. You are an inspiration like no other to all of us. *tosses sparklie confetti in the air to celebrate and bakes everyone here a cuppiecake* YAY!!!!!!

    Gosh sis. I am totally and completely beyond in love with this wedding card. Just look at how stunning it is! It is just oozing with happiness and romance. I get super happy fuzzies inside everytime I see it. Wow!!! Just look at those bells and the gorgeous ribbon. Did you know that you are amazing, Sunshine? *shouts it to the world* What a sparkling perfect card to showcase for your guest designer week!!!

    Congratulations my sweetest sis!!! We are all just bursting with pride today in celebration of your accomplishments!!! God bless you Sunshine and all the hearts you continue to inspire every day through your unconditional love.

    I LOVE YOU SIS!!!!!!!!!

    P.S. Me thinks you should be awarded with the honour of being the guest designer EVERY week, ok sis? TEE HEE HEE!

    *forever sparkling guest designer super squishies*
    ~~~ Christina (aka proudest sister EVER)!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is absolutely gorgeous! I love all of your details! Congrats on your guest designer spot at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful!Gorgeous!Stunning!Great Job!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This card is SO AMAZING and GORGEOUS Karen. I seriously can't stop looking at it! I love your bells...seriously you cut them out-oh man-me and free hand..not gonna happen, hehe! The details are so FABULOUS and I so have to scrap lift this-hope thats okay...I LOVE IT! So glad you are our Guest Designer this week-you rocked this!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Karen, wow factor lol...love this creation and now I will just have to look at my Art Philosophy cart tomorrow to see what you have used...Just love this one...luv, your number one fan...Annie (Aussie land) xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Karen i just don't even know what to say, i am just so amazed at your creativity and love how you describe what you have done... This is the most BEAUTIFUL card i have ever seen.. i can't even think of any works to describe this gorgeous card. It is just stunning. AND you definitely deserved the honor of being selected FCCB. The bells are beautiful. You are such an inspiration and a blessing to so many who stop by. i am speechless.. hugs my sweet friend

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is stunning as many before me have said. I see why this is your favorite! The beautiful details are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely card and thanks for joining us this week at CRAFTY CATZ this week

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful wedding card, Karen! I love the shape, the flowers, and the pearls! So many wonderful details! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a beautiful wedding card. Love the lacey look your cut out made and the bells with flowers are perfect. Lucky couple.

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  24. Dear Karen, thanks for your wonderful comments. The embossing card, I won top three with that one and got a gorgeous digi stamp...love hearing from yu and coming to your place...coffee?? hugs, Annie from Oz xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love! Have a beautifully blessed day. :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips